[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

tnt_

Post by tnt_ »

This is a great mod! I love it!

Only have one problem with it. Although topics do show up properly (I used viewtopic_body.tpl from mod-profilcp - modified files - 206.zip so I guess there are no mistakes in it. I'm having trouble with polls, any topic that has a poll in it comes up like this:
http://beta.varkoume.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4387

can someone help?

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

Looks like, I may be wrong, it's your theme, but default all the MODs here are made to work with subSilver - look at the viewtopic_body.tpl that came with the theme and compair it to the MOD one to see what changes need to be made to fit your needs

filippo

Post by filippo »

Dio2
KcitsCom wrote: The more information that you can give the customer/user upfront, the less you have to explain later.

is an advice which suggest that such a task would be time-saving for Ptirhiik.

But the fact is that the purpose of tutorials is to explain how the MOD works, not to give solutions to other kind of problems (bad setup, different platforms used, many other MODs previously installed,...). The solutions to this problems are difficult to foresee and Ptirhiik just can try to answer them when they arise, and he's doing well indeed.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: LiKk: Just to ask the obvious... Did you look in your database for the buddy table? Make sure that it is there. That may take care of both issues if it is the problem.

London_Forest

Post by London_Forest »

When trying to change something in the langauge option of the Admin panel I am unable to submit changes, I get an error when pressing submit.

Any ideas?

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

>filippo – I would agree documentation is a good thing, the problem is and it is not just with Ptirhiik MODs that people just don’t want to read or review their own changes to the files.

They either don’t understand what they are doing, or just get an error and yell the sky is falling before they look at what they did.

Ptirhiik install instructions work if you read them. I’m sorry but it’s just plain RUDE for some of these people to just hammer MOD authors when if they took the time to read the instructions, review past post or check their own changes there would be fewer support posts not only here but on the site as a whole.

It would also allow for the REAL problems to be addressed and fixed if the MOD authors did not have to spend time repeating the same things.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

London_Forest wrote: When trying to change something in the langauge option of the Admin panel I am unable to submit changes, I get an error when pressing submit.

Any ideas?

Check to see if you CHMOD your lan files, see authors notes in the install instructions.

If that's not the problem it would help to know that the error message is

London_Forest

Post by London_Forest »

Dio2 wrote: If that's not the problem it would help to know that the error message is

error 500: Internal Server Error

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

That could be cause by a configuation error.

Best bet is to re-check your install and compair your files to the mod pack also the latest release verion is 2.0.0-1

sniperguy_j

Post by sniperguy_j »

is there a way to change your board style in your profile when you have this mod done? Like for a forum that has multiple styles....I just can't figure out where, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
"Jesus is not the means to anything, Jesus is the ultimate goal to which every other means must lead."
-Pastor Larry Adams
www.ghccstudents.org
:::need Prayer?:::

t-moe

Post by t-moe »

I installed the mod without EasyMOD and it ran smoothly right away. I just found a little mistake while hitting the "Who is online" Button. The following error message shows up:

Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/apache/www/web15/html/wah2003/viewonline.php on line 182

I checked the viewonline.php file, but i could not find a syntax error around the lines 170 to 200. Here is a short part of the code:

$which_counter = 'reg_counter';
$which_row = 'reg_user_row';

//-- fin mod : profile cp --------------------------------------------------------------------------

}
else <---This is line 182
{
if ( $row['session_ip'] != $prev_ip )
{
$username = $lang['Guest'];
$view_online = true;
$guest_users++;

I hope somebody can help me out with some useful advice!

London_Forest

Post by London_Forest »

I had a forum gallery mod installed on my board and previously there was a link for users to add things to their gallery, I want to add it back to the new profile created by this mod but I am not sure how to add it back, which file to edit.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

I know there is a MOD here that will add links in the profile and view topics to the users photos

http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewtopic.php?t=1160

It is an add on for PCP and Smarters Photo Album

sunk

arrrghhh

Post by sunk »

ok i worked out everything from the debug, but now
i get this

Posted: 31 Dec 1969 06:00 pm    Post subject:

i can see the posts if i click to moderate the forum

anybody have a clue where i messed up? i would really hate to have to restore the bu and start from scratch

i worked with the notes on the front page, cant seem to find my problem

ezm install failed to install 75% of the mod so i did the rest by hand starting at veiwtopic.php

Murkrow

Post by Murkrow »

Is thic comptible with EasyMod? :oops: :oops: :oops:
WARNING: Worst english detected at client

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”