[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

PX7

Post by PX7 »

I have a question regarding installation of this... I guess it applies to installation of all MODS in general (I've never installed one before) but since this is the one I want to install I guess asking it here is okay.

Anyway, I was reading through the instructions in the two text files included with all the installation files and have a question/concern: there are files to edit as well as files to add that go in the folder for the subSilver template, but I don't use that template on my forum, I use another one called smartDark. So my question is, do I edit the same files in the template I'm using (i.e. templates/smartDark/index_body.tpl instead of templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl) or do I just ignore them? I'm thinking it's the former but I can't be sure. Also, what would I do with the new files to add that go in the subSilver folder?

I don't want to start installing and changing files unless I know 100% what I'm doing. So, hopefully this isn't a dumb question (I'm relatively new in using phpBB). I am just really wanting to install this MOD and hope someone can help. Thanks!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The answer is yes, you will have to modify your specific template, and you will have to copy the added tpls also in your template. What I would suggest you to not make your forum down too long (modifying some template can be very difficult if they have broke with subSilver structure) is to install on your computer a dev/test environnement (by my side I use easyPHP, but there are other products similar that let you have a php/mysql environnement with windows xp/2k). A good idea is also to install the mod first with subSilver, ensure all is done well and works as expected, and then only apply the template part to your other templates. Doing so, you will be sure that any issue doesn't involved php file aswell.
trekken46

Post by trekken46 »

thank you for the help, i will fix that as soon as i can, this is a great mod. please keep up the good work. :D
i wish mf wasnt taken

Post by i wish mf wasnt taken »

i have this error on the profile page.

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed opening './includes/functions_topics_list.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/profile.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/profile.php:24) in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/profile.php:24) in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/profile.php:24) in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 477
rock on...
mf
Music forum
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

check if you have correcly uploaded the file includes/functions_topics_list.php
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
i wish mf wasnt taken

ok i did the stuff and on the main page all that shows up is

Post by i wish mf wasnt taken »

ok i did the stuff and on the main page all that shows up is

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/includes/constants.php on line 25

Parse error: parse error in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in /homepages/1/d90796622/htdocs/wsc90796630/phpBB2/common.php on line 155
rock on...
mf
Music forum
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

parse error=syntax error : you've done an error during the installation of the mod.
stujoe

Post by stujoe »

Great mod! Zero problems with install on a heavily modded board. Took a bit to figure out how to modify my template but that wasn't too bad either once I figured out the switches.

I also installed a few of the addons found on the author's site and they worked great too.

Thanks!
Stujoe
jono1

Post by jono1 »

i'm a bit concerned here....it's asking me to take huge blocks of code from viewtopic.php and replace it with a single line of code...? should i be worried?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Magic isn't it ? :)
jono1

Post by jono1 »

so you're saying it's ok.....i'm not going to completely destabalise my forum by deleting those really really big blocks of code??
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Lol, what do you expect me to answer to this ? :) If the mod is released and available to download, there might be some reasons don't you think ? :).
jono1

Post by jono1 »

yeah but....i worry a lot.... :oops:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Follow the basic instruction of the mod, which explicetly mention : "Do a save !". Also it is a very good idea to always have a test environnement, best being local (you can check for this purpose ie easyphp.org, and other products of the same kind exists).
jono1

Post by jono1 »

nah it's ok....I just trusted your instructions and everything's great...Thanks, man, this stuff is quality....

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”