Page 158 of 220

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:35 pm
by Posco Deepdelver
I'm guessing you used a prefix other than "phpbb_"? If so, you'll need to change those to whatever your prefix is.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:11 am
by ninosportif
tlavery wrote:
tlavery wrote:Ok I Installed with easymod and got these errors:

SQL PROCESSING ERROR:
No SQL alterations will be performed. However, you may skip SQL processing, continue installing the MOD, and deal with the SQL manually

'Read your Error Report

I did not get any errors from easymod about not being able to find any certain codes when it does it's initial check before performing the install, so maybe all the errors are related to SQL. I am not real familure with how to manually do the SQL changes, so maybe I totally screwed it up. If someone can give me some pointers I would appreciate it immensly! If I was supposed to do one line at a time I would appreciate knowing that :)

Thanks a MILLION guys!!


Just thought I would bump this since there seems to be some help here now. Thanks!!


lol tlavery,

First, your SQL is not done. So, lets start there now. Log in into your myphpAdmin -> into your phpbb board ( I assume is your 3rd board)

In there, select the phpbb_users

In there, make a 'new field' at the 'end of the table' -> Go ... then do it one by one...

For example user_realname -> VARCHAR(25) -> NOT NULL
(there is 30 new field, so if you want you can type in 30 fields and input one by one)

After you have done this section in phpbb_users you should have all this field in phpbb_users.

Same again for phpbb_sessions & phpbb_ranks

last but not least for phpbb_buddy, you must do it inside phpbb_-_ -> SQL Query

When all this is done, it should work.

Like Posco said, after you have done all this, run from brownser 1st, if this issue still exsit, somehow, then you need to check the instructions of PCP and make any appropriate changes in the title of phpbb3 ( as this is your version...)

P.S. Make sure you have all files uploaded, (do a check on it)

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:36 am
by tlavery
ninosportif wrote: lol tlavery,

First, your SQL is not done. So, lets start there now. Log in into your myphpAdmin -> into your phpbb board ( I assume is your 3rd board)

In there, select the phpbb_users

In there, make a 'new field' at the 'end of the table' -> Go ... then do it one by one...

For example user_realname -> VARCHAR(25) -> NOT NULL
(there is 30 new field, so if you want you can type in 30 fields and input one by one)

After you have done this section in phpbb_users you should have all this field in phpbb_users.

Same again for phpbb_sessions & phpbb_ranks

last but not least for phpbb_buddy, you must do it inside phpbb_-_ -> SQL Query

When all this is done, it should work.

Like Posco said, after you have done all this, run from brownser 1st, if this issue still exsit, somehow, then you need to check the instructions of PCP and make any appropriate changes in the title of phpbb3 ( as this is your version...)

P.S. Make sure you have all files uploaded, (do a check on it)


Well, I went in and selected my database (phpbb3) and there isn't any phpbb_users to select. :? Now there is a link to Users, Sessions and ranks, but they don't have the php_ in front of them. I did everything for php_buddy and it was successful the first time and I can see the php_buddy in the database list.

What do you suggest?



P.S. ok please excuse my ignorance......what is this? And how do I install it? Is this something that easymod would have done for me? I'm just not sure what CHMOD is and where to find it.

Code: Select all

##   _________________________________________________________________________________________ 
## 
## 
##     / \ 
##    / ! \   The next CHMODs are required to allow the editing of the mentioned files by the ACP tools 
##   /_____\ 
## 
## 
##   CHMOD 666 to apply : 
## 
##      profilcp/def/def_userfields.php 
##      profilcp/def/def_usermaps.php 
## 
##   COPY to each of your language installed directories (ie: languages/lang_english/) and 
##   CHMOD 666 those files : 
##      COPY mod-lang_settings/lang_extend.php TO language/lang_*/lang_extend.php 
##

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:36 am
by tlavery
OK here is the error I am getting now:
General Error

Could not obtain buddys information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'dishinstallers_net_-_phpbb3.buddy' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM buddy WHERE user_id=3 and buddy_id in (3)

Line : 216
File : page_header.php

Re: Error Installing PCP

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:45 am
by tlavery
Well, it appears that I solved my problem. I deleted the table php_buddy and altered the SQL query I was supposed to run to show the new table name as buddy instead of php_buddy and it WORKS!! WOO HOO!! Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

Edit:

I came across one bug. When I try and delete any pm's in the in box, out box, sent box, or saved box I get a General Error "Invalid_session". I get the same error when trying to send a PM too. Any ideas??

Well, I logged out and back in and now it seems to be working just fine.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:27 am
by lwq
ninosportif wrote: IWQ

Try to aim to look for this words... one of them out of this three will do, as you will find the lines.
should be around line 40-75[ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ]


I said around line 40-75, just because i have MODs already in there.

If for any reaon you can't find it, upload a link to it and i find it for ya for free... hehehe :P (I am not making business here, but rather, i would like to help...)


I can't find it.None of the variables is there.(not even one....)

Re: Error Installing PCP

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:40 pm
by ninosportif
tlavery wrote: Well, it appears that I solved my problem. I deleted the table php_buddy and altered the SQL query I was supposed to run to show the new table name as buddy instead of php_buddy and it WORKS!! WOO HOO!! Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

Edit:

I came across one bug. When I try and delete any pm's in the in box, out box, sent box, or saved box I get a General Error "Invalid_session". I get the same error when trying to send a PM too. Any ideas??

Well, I logged out and back in and now it seems to be working just fine.


I am afraid this is not correct, as this will make you change a lot of codes from the files provided by PCP. to avoid this, just expend the time in SQL. (make sure you know what you are doing and what needs to be drop off, if not dont bother, as it can mess up badly)

Go back to SQL and create the phpbb_buddy again and drop of those you did b4.

Like this

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb3_buddy ( 
  user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', 
  buddy_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', 
  buddy_ignore tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', 
  buddy_visible tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', 
  PRIMARY KEY  (user_id, buddy_id) 
) TYPE=MyISAM; 
In order to make the phpbb3_users one, use the phpbb_buddy as an example:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb3_users (
  ADD user_realname VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_gender TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_birthday VARCHAR(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_last_birthday INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_home_phone VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_home_fax VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_work_phone VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_work_fax VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_cellular VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_pager VARCHAR(20); 
  ADD user_summer_time TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_list_option VARCHAR(255); 
  ADD user_allow_email TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_allow_website TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_allow_messanger TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_allow_real TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_allow_sig TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewpm TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewwebsite TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewmessanger TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewreal TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewavatar TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewsig TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_viewimg TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; 
  ADD user_buddy_friend_display TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1'; 
  ADD user_buddy_ignore_display TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1'; 
  ADD user_buddy_friend_of_display TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1'; 
  ADD user_buddy_ignored_by_display TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1'; 
  ADD user_watched_topics_per_page SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT '15'; 
  ADD user_privmsgs_per_page SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT '5'; 


Last but not least for the last two sessions

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb3_ranks (
   ADD rank_title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL; 
   ADD rank_max MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL AFTER rank_min;

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb3_sessions (
   ADD session_robot VARCHAR(32);
Dont forget to check if your SQL is running as phpbb_ (version 1 or 2 or 3) I assume yours at moment is phpbb3.

i am not sure why you dont have phpbb_users, but never mind. This will definately do the trick.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:45 pm
by ninosportif
lwq wrote:
ninosportif wrote:IWQ

Try to aim to look for this words... one of them out of this three will do, as you will find the lines.
should be around line 40-75[ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ]


I said around line 40-75, just because i have MODs already in there.

If for any reaon you can't find it, upload a link to it and i find it for ya for free... hehehe :P (I am not making business here, but rather, i would like to help...)


I can't find it.None of the variables is there.(not even one....)


Upload a link of that file here and i have a look...

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:12 pm
by Jfnyne
8)

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:36 pm
by Jfnyne
ninosportif wrote:
lwq wrote:
ninosportif wrote:IWQ

Try to aim to look for this words... one of them out of this three will do, as you will find the lines.
should be around line 40-75[ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ]


I said around line 40-75, just because i have MODs already in there.

If for any reaon you can't find it, upload a link to it and i find it for ya for free... hehehe :P (I am not making business here, but rather, i would like to help...)


I can't find it.None of the variables is there.(not even one....)


Upload a link of that file here and i have a look...

I had the same problem but I just added it by {L_WHOSONLINE} instead of {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} because I thought one of my mods might have changed it but I am currently having a problem with viewing my post and that could be why. please note my previous post in conjunction with this being a possible problem

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:39 pm
by JustinS
I love the mod., but it's imperative that I close registration on my board. It's for a high school related activity and either I close registration and register everyone manually, or the school rejects it and doens't allow me to have it.
I installed the disable registration mod., but I can't disable them. If I select "yes" with the radio button as soon as i hit submit and return to the config. page, it says "no" I have another mod. installed that doesn't allow guests to see certain pages, and the radio button for this is also broken. This stuff was all fine prior to my intalling the PCP, any ideas?

Quick Fix

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:09 pm
by Riamus
The quickest fix for that would be to go into the MySQL database and manually change those values (probably located under php_config). I'm actually having issues with PCP right now as well (I think it's because I installed it with Easymod 0.2.0a, which is buggy). I'll have to look through and see if there are any inline things in PCP that might have been broken by easymod. My problems revolve around not being able to make changes in my maps definitions from the ACP. Other than that, everything works, so I'm in no hurry to figure it out right now.

At the very least, you could probably just set registration to require authorization by admin, couldn't you? If you tell the school you won't authorize anyone, then it should be okay, I would think.

Or, you could just edit the page with the registration dialog and replace the dialog with a notice stating that registration is closed. Just keep a backup of the dialog for future use. Many of the changes I make to how my board looks are done manually in the tpl and php files rather than using a mod, simply because I don't need to change the items regularly and so doing it myself is easy (such as changing my board logo and placing a link on it to my main site, or adding my copyright information). You can see how my board looks if you feel inclined... it's in my profile.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:17 pm
by JustinS
Actually, I was hoping there was something that would see to it new users would have to be activated by the admin. How do I do this?
Also, with the profile cp COPPA is gone, will I have a legal problem with this, or should everything be ok as long as I don't activate them until I get documentation (which will be easy in my case)? It's for our speech and debate program which ranges from 7th-12th grade. Some of the 7th are only 12, so I don't want any legal problems.

Re: Late Time Visited -- bug?

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 pm
by allanhardy
Riamus wrote: In the member list, PCP shows the last time a person visited the board. However, it appears as though it will only update that the next time the person visits, so it's never really accurate.

Examples:

Scenario: NICK joined on 6/25/05 and never returned
Result: "Last Visited" field is blank

Scenario: NICK joined on 6/25/05 and visited on 6/26/05
Result: "Last Visited" field shows the 6/25/05 time

Scenario: NICK joined on 6/25/05, visited on 6/26/05, and again on 6/27/05
Result: "Last Visited" field shows the 6/26/05 time

.....


I take it you never got any feedback on this?
This mod is nice but the developer has flown the coop its totaly unsupported except by people trying to help, but many don't understand the coding model used and its not documented.

By the way, I have never been able to get changes to map definitions made in ACP to 'stick' and I installed this by hand.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:23 pm
by MrDSL
JustinS wrote: I love the mod., but it's imperative that I close registration on my board. It's for a high school related activity and either I close registration and register everyone manually, or the school rejects it and doens't allow me to have it.
I installed the disable registration mod., but I can't disable them. If I select "yes" with the radio button as soon as i hit submit and return to the config. page, it says "no" I have another mod. installed that doesn't allow guests to see certain pages, and the radio button for this is also broken. This stuff was all fine prior to my intalling the PCP, any ideas?


The reason is probably because that mod requires editting the usercp_register.php file and that is no longer used with PCP


Give me a link to the disable registration mod and I'm sure I can figure out what you need to do to make it work with PCP..