[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

songdove wrote: This may have been asked before, with over 150 pages I wasn't going to read through them all however.

I want to add the usual basic ranking to my phpbb2, however I noticed that with PCP installed, the rank I created doesn't show up. How do I get PCP to show the ranks, or get the ranks plugged back into the showtopic file?

I noticed that PCP appears to make use of positional rank colors, such as user/mod/admin/board founder, and those are welcome to stay. But I'd like to use post ranking too.

I'm not sure I really follow you. On all my boards I can add ranks and do ranks normally through the ACP and they appear fine everywhere (profile,topics) they are suppose to appear..
songdove

Post by songdove »

Ack, I set up a test rank due to appear after 1 post, I have 17 posts on my test site so far. I called the rank "stranger", but when I go to view the test topics, it doesn't show up, and I can't find the location in pcp where it might show up either. I noticed my rank is a special rank of Admin, and I looked for where Admin shows up in PCP and in the topics, but it doesn't show that rank either. All it shows is my screenname in the color of Board Administrator.
ninosportif

Post by ninosportif »

tlavery wrote:
OK I added all the tables with the php_ prefix. I have some questions.....the default in the NULL column was NOT NULL, but some of the lines did not specify NULL or NOT NULL. Should I just leave it at NOT NULL???

Now am I supposed to delete the entries that were made in Users, Sessions, Ranks, and the entire Buddy table? The Sessions section of the SQL changes said that it was supposed to change one and add one (with a specification on where it was supposed to go.) So I am not really sure what to do about the table sessions.

Now what?

I posted taht on the board and you might have missed it......can you respond to it when you hve time?

I also never got an answer to what a chmod is? I didn't do that because I have no idea what it is. I will ask that question again on the board too. Thanks so much for all your help with this!!
Well i have been waiting for your questions for two days.

So the one without NotNull or did not mention, Just keep it to NOT NULL.

2nd - You dont need to del anything in the SQL apart from those i mention before, when you add in. Follow the SQL list and del those appropriate you add it. if doubt, dont do it and just leave it there.

The sessions should be fine as it is, and add that new table phpbb_sessions as mention in the instructions.

In order to do the CHMod, you can do it via the ftp. In the file mention, and do the CHMOD as the number suggested. This can also be done via your host Cpanel.

Well this is it. You just need this finish bit and you are gud to go for the PCP. Anymore problems let me know.
All rights reserved to Gamers SportCast Network (2004). The site is poweredby Canaca.com.
songdove

Post by songdove »

I finally found where its showing the ranks. Sorry.
nopeekiepeekie

Post by nopeekiepeekie »

I've noticed that when some of my members put their status to invisible, their informations disappear from the memberlist and only the board founder can see them. is there anyway to make this information available to all the registered users?

tia
Clarissa
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

nopeekiepeekie wrote: I've noticed that when some of my members put their status to invisible, their informations disappear from the memberlist and only the board founder can see them. is there anyway to make this information available to all the registered users?

tia
Clarissa

Isn't this the point of being invisible? If a user sets them self to invisible and everyone can still see all their information whats the point of having the option. Seems like it would be easier to just take the option of being invisible away from the user.
Riamus

ACP

Post by Riamus »

Just change your ACP settings for the board to not allow hiding your online status. :)

ACP > Configuration+ > Profile Settings > Privacy

Set "Show me online" to "yes" and set "Override user choices" to "yes" for that option.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳
nopeekiepeekie

Post by nopeekiepeekie »

MrDSL wrote: Isn't this the point of being invisible? If a user sets them self to invisible and everyone can still see all their information whats the point of having the option. Seems like it would be easier to just take the option of being invisible away from the user.

i had actually thought the point of being invisible is so people couldn't see you online. seeing how that some of the users set themselves to invisible and all their informations still show, but others set themselves to invisible and none of their informations show. it doesn't make sense to me.
Riamus wrote: Set "Show me online" to "yes" and set "Override user choices" to "yes" for that option.

i'd hate to have to overrided the options. i'd like to let the users choose to *hide* so to speak.
conorpower

Change default tab from 'home' to 'profile'

Post by conorpower »

Bit stumped on this one would love some help. I want the user to see the 'profile' tab by default and not the 'home' tab when they click the link to their profile.

Ideally I would like to remove some tabs (home and buddy list). I seem to be unable to edit or remove these maps. Anyone know how to get rid of default tabs you dont need in PCP?
JustinS

Post by JustinS »

I have a weird problem that I can only really tie back to Profile CP. If a user has that popup enabled that alerts them of a PM, this is what they get.
Warning: main(./profilcp/profilcp_privmsg_popup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/profile.php on line 97

Warning: main(): Failed opening './profilcp/profilcp_privmsg_popup.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/profile.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/profile.php:97) in /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/includes/page_header.php on line 623

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/profile.php:97) in /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/includes/page_header.php on line 625

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/profile.php:97) in /home/www/jussag.farvista.net/includes/page_header.php on line 626

Then it brings them to their profile home page, which is right below the ad banner for the crappy free host that I'm on.
AyaKashi

Post by AyaKashi »

why is it that when a new user tries to register, the control picture shows up as broken images... ?
i had to turn it off....

http://www.silversilence.net/forum/prof ... e=register

nebbie2004

Post by nebbie2004 »

Im sure it's been asked but didnt feel like looking thre 160 pages, How do I make Memberlist viewable to Guests again, please?
GreyOne

email not working

Post by GreyOne »

Ok then after installing this mod and the calendar mod, I no longer have email capability from the board. No confirmations emails (if the option for user confirmation is set), no notification of replies to watched posts, no user to user email from the board at all.

I am not seeing any error messages, everything in PCP works. I did run into the INVALID_SESSION error but corrected that with the info from the posts here.

Any ideas on where to go from here?
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

nopeekiepeekie wrote:
MrDSL wrote:Isn't this the point of being invisible? If a user sets them self to invisible and everyone can still see all their information whats the point of having the option. Seems like it would be easier to just take the option of being invisible away from the user.

i had actually thought the point of being invisible is so people couldn't see you online. seeing how that some of the users set themselves to invisible and all their informations still show, but others set themselves to invisible and none of their informations show. it doesn't make sense to me.
Riamus wrote: Set "Show me online" to "yes" and set "Override user choices" to "yes" for that option.

i'd hate to have to overrided the options. i'd like to let the users choose to *hide* so to speak.

Maybe some users have the Display personal info turned off?
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

nebbie2004 wrote: Im sure it's been asked but didnt feel like looking thre 160 pages, How do I make Memberlist viewable to Guests again, please?

http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewt ... highlight=

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”