[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

Hi there,

I've installed the Profile control Panel and it doesn't seem to have any major issues. However, there is one problem which I have found.

I have a user colour groups modification on the board, which still appears to be working everywhere else except for at the bottom where it tells you who is online. Now all names are showing in black, instead of in their usergroup colours.

http://www.dj-slim.net/board <<< there's the link if you want to take a look. Can anyone help me with this???
davidooh

Post by davidooh »

Chris24 wrote: Hi there,

I've installed the Profile control Panel and it doesn't seem to have any major issues. However, there is one problem which I have found.

I have a user colour groups modification on the board, which still appears to be working everywhere else except for at the bottom where it tells you who is online. Now all names are showing in black, instead of in their usergroup colours.

http://www.dj-slim.net/board <<< there's the link if you want to take a look. Can anyone help me with this???
I went into the overall_header.tpl file and changed the colors there.

If you look for the line

Code: Select all

.foundercolor, a.foundercolor, a.foundercolor:link, a.foundercolor:active, a.foundercolor:visited {
Then you will see underneath the hex codes for the colors. Below that will be admin, then moderator, then users. You can change the hex code to whatever you want.
Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

Can somebody tell me what I need to change in order to change the names of the groups that are at the bottom.

At the moment, it's saying "Board Founder" "Administrator" "Moderator" and "User" but I want it to say...

"Chief Admin" "Admin" "Moderator" "User"

I've figured out how to change the colours but I can't find out where to change the name of these groups.

Thanks,
Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

Ok - I figured it out in the end, here's how, for those of you that are wondering the same thing...

#
#
--- Open langauge/lang_english/lang_extend_profile_control_panel ---
#
#

#
#
--- FIND ---
#
#

= '%sBoard Founder%s';

#
#
***---REPLACE WITH---***
#
#
# Change it to whatever you want it to say, making sure you leave the 
# %s on either side. For example:

= '%sChief Administrator%s';
Imion

Post by Imion »

after i uploaded and installed the mod, i got this error on each site i try to visit:
Warning: main(): Unable to access ././includes/functions_mods_settings.php in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/phpBB2/includes/mods_settings/mod_profile_control_panel.php on line 28

Warning: main(././includes/functions_mods_settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/phpBB2/includes/mods_settings/mod_profile_control_panel.php on line 28

Warning: main(): Failed opening '././includes/functions_mods_settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/phpBB2/includes/mods_settings/mod_profile_control_panel.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: init_board_config() in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/phpBB2/includes/mods_settings/mod_profile_control_panel.php on line 105

i looked and checked, the functions_mods_settings.php is NOT uploaded in:
/srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/phpBB2/includes/

but there was never one in the package o.O ?

btw it is my first mod i installed, so maybe its just a noob error ^^
Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

#
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------------
#
# -- mod-mods_settings --
#
copy mod-mods_settings/lang_extend_mods_settings.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_mods_settings.php
copy mod-mods_settings/functions_mods_settings.php to includes/functions_mods_settings.php
copy mod-mods_settings/admin_board_extend.php to admin/admin_board_extend.php
copy mod-mods_settings/board_config_extend_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_extend_body.tpl
#
The code is there for all the files that need to be uploaded in that folder. That folder is included in the pack that you download from page 1 of this thread :)
Imion

Post by Imion »

okay i solved the problem, i found a dircetory "mods settings" that had to be uploaded in the includes directory
Imion

Post by Imion »

now when i click on profile i get in the home section:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

every section else is right ...
Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

I never got that error when I installed it. Perhaps you've made an error in one of the files that you've modded.
Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

I have installed this on a brand new board (no other mods installed) and get this error when i click on Profile
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/profile.php on line 99

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/profile.php:99) in /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 622

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/profile.php:99) in /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 624

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/profile.php:99) in /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 625

How can i fix this?
Kirsty1

Post by Kirsty1 »

When i am in the Admin panel and click on Configuration + i get this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mods_settings_get_lang() in /home2/mummybra/public_html/phpBB/admin/admin_board_extend.php on line 326

How can i fix this?
Borisaurus

Post by Borisaurus »

I have been using this mod for a year, and just recently my users told me that they can't see anyones messengers, even if messengers are made visible to anyone. And no difference if the person is your buddy or not. Everything else is visible, but not messengers...

How can I fix this?
Chris24

Post by Chris24 »

kirsty1 - Line 326 of admin_board_extend.php should say:

'L_MOD_NAME'		=> mods_settings_get_lang($menu_name) . ' - ' . mods_settings_get_lang($mod_name) . ( !empty($sub_name) ? ' - ' . mods_settings_get_lang($sub_name) : '' ),
Check you have the same :)
Imion

Post by Imion »

no chris24 thats not the fault, maybe the thing is, that i am using "solaris" as template.

i installed the attachment mod now too, and get there the same errors!
so it is a generel problem with other templates, i do not know.
Imion

Post by Imion »

in an other mod of this author, there had to be copied some files from the templates/subsilver/admin folder to templates/subsilver/

so i copied all files form that dir to the dir down (but of course for solaris too), but that did not solve the problem.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”