[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

Nemesis_y2k

Post by Nemesis_y2k »

This is my first phpBB2 board, I'm learning :D.
I installed the PCP using easy mod. (My first mod)

It said it couldn't do the sql commands, I ran all the SQL queries manually and they all seemed successfull.(phpMyAdmin)

It also said it updated all the code for the required files successfully and copied the appropriate files to the proper folders.

The code was not updated, and the files weren't copied...

I copied all the files manually that I got, so I'm GUESSING that's ok... They all SEEM to be in place.

I used the easymod "preview" feature to get the exact code(so I assumed) for every file that needs to be modified. I created the new files(modified for PCP), removing the "in here" at the top when it occured.

When all the files are properly modified and replace the original ones, my site is completely blank.

I started replacing files with the originals and back to the modified and suddenly, after replacing bbcode under includes and functions, my page appeared. Then I put the bbcode modified, it still worked. Put functions modified back in, site disapeared. Now I tried just changing the functions file back to original, but I also had to put in bbcode back in for the site to come back(even tho I cleared cache, history, cookies and restarted the browser).

Any clue on what I've done wrong? Maybe some super detailed steps to baby me through my first mod???

Got all the "modified" files for a clean 2.06 board with PCP so I can learn? :)

My website is http://thetreestump.mine.nu/phpbb2

Its currently running with all the altered sql commands, copied files and modified files, EXCEPT for bbcode and functions from the includes section.

Thanx for any help!

Roby!
Just learning...
Nemesis_y2k

Post by Nemesis_y2k »

For get it! I fixed it! YAY, just gotta learn how to copy files properly.

My very first mod, and dude, your mod is MINT.

Thank you whatever your funky name is(sp? :lol: ), your site and mods rule!
Just learning...
Nemesis_y2k

Post by Nemesis_y2k »

I'm back with a problem :)

At least this time I have an error message:

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS i ON i.user_id=2 AND i.buddy_id=u.user_id) LEFT JOIN AS b O

SELECT DISTINCT
u.*,
(CASE WHEN i.buddy_ignore = 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS user_my_friend_virt,
i.buddy_visible AS user_my_visible_virt,
(CASE WHEN i.buddy_ignore = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS user_my_ignore_virt,
(CASE WHEN b.buddy_ignore = 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS user_friend_virt,
b.buddy_visible AS user_visible_virt,
(CASE WHEN b.buddy_ignore = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS user_ignore_virt,
(CASE WHEN u.user_session_time >= (1072772012-300) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS user_online_virt,
u.username AS username_virt,
u.user_regdate AS user_regdate_virt,
u.user_lastvisit AS user_lastvisit_virt,
u.user_posts AS user_posts_virt,
r.rank_title AS user_rank_title_virt,
1 AS user_generic_display,
1 AS user_viewonline_display,
1 AS user_webdisplay_display
FROM ((((
phpbb_users AS u)
LEFT JOIN AS i ON i.user_id=2 AND i.buddy_id=u.user_id)
LEFT JOIN AS b ON b.user_id=u.user_id AND b.buddy_id=2)
LEFT JOIN phpbb_ranks AS r ON (u.user_rank > 0 AND r.rank_special <> 0 AND r.rank_id = u.user_rank) OR (u.user_rank = 0 AND r.rank_special = 0 AND u.user_posts >= r.rank_min AND u.user_posts < r.rank_max))
WHERE u.user_id <> -1 AND i.buddy_ignore = 1
ORDER BY username_virt ASC

Line : 906
File : C:\TheTreeStump\phpBB2\profilcp\profilcp_buddy.php

The only thing I did was change 2 parts of code in 2 files. Query was searching for BUDDY_TABLE and USERS_TABLE wich I changed in 2 files to PHPBB_BUDDY and PHPBB_USERS since those are the tables that were supposed to be created when you installed the mod, and it fixed my profile section, but my buddy list is fubar :(

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANY HELP!
Just learning...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The USERS_TABLE and BUDDY_TABLE are constants sat in constants.php, and not directly table names. You have to undo your last modifications, and ensure you have correctly apply the mod, especially on this file.
Nemesis_y2k

Post by Nemesis_y2k »

Ok... I kinda figured that aftwards, and changed them back, but it doesn't fix anything. I won't worry about it for now, its a test board, I wiped out and started over :)

Thanx!
Just learning...
Nemesis_y2k

Post by Nemesis_y2k »

Well, I whiped EVERYTHING out(database, phpbb2 and all) didn't install easy mod, got my board up, and install PCP in less than 20(I think) excluding chatting with buddies, and this time EVERYTHING works!!!

Thanx, I'm learning lots running through code and stuff, its fun stuff!!! Thank you :)
Just learning...
DorG

Post by DorG »

http://www.dorg4u.com/visit/gef/forum/index.php

Ignore ain't visible, no butons, and in profile Ignore is written but nothing more

user: test
pass: test

Can someone check what could be wrong

I double checked install txt
---
- <
---
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Ignore isn't active for/to mods/admins (meaning a mod or an admin can't ignore someone, neither be ignored).

Also, be sure to check the first page of this topic and follow the note I wrote.

Then you have also an error in the application of the mod on viewtopic_body.tpl : recheck this part, helping you with the modified files pack (linked here).
jchipper

Post by jchipper »

ok Finally got this MOD to work but I still have one small problem.
that is when a user logs in every time they go to the forum index it pops up a little blank window that just stayes blank. what is that supposed to be and is it supposed to be there if not how do I get rid of it?

Thanks
~ The Bible is the Chart and Compass that guides us through this life to the eternal port of heaven.~
Website - http://www.youthforgod.net
Message Board - http://www.youthforgod.net/forum/index.php
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Hi there,

I installed your MOD some time ago but have only just realised that none of the changes that are made to profiles/signatures/avatars actually change when you click submit.

I have not had any error messages at any point, yet it is impossible to update profiles on my forum now unless I use the administration panel.

I'd be greatful if you could suggest what may be wrong, and perhaps point me to specific bits of code to check, so I don't have to go through all of the changes I made to check that they are right. Since I downloaded the MOD a long time ago anyway it is probably an old version, and I no longer have it on my computer, it isn't possible for me to check the changes anyway, thinking about it :?

Thanks,

Sam
DorG

Post by DorG »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Ignore isn't active for/to mods/admins (meaning a mod or an admin can't ignore someone, neither be ignored).

Also, be sure to check the first page of this topic and follow the note I wrote.

Then you have also an error in the application of the mod on viewtopic_body.tpl : recheck this part, helping you with the modified files pack (linked here).

Ah k tnx

Your note:
Important note
Be sure after the install to go to you ACP, hit Config+, and set once all options to "Yes" (don't forget to submit each form). Then after having done this, just set the preferences you want for your board .

Just did that now, why do we have to do this btw? You still see something wrong at my forums now? :?: 8)
---
- <
---
urbanwkseyou0

Post by urbanwkseyou0 »

ok, first off, i am NOT using subsilver.

with that said, for installation i decided to just use easymod, add the sql, then fix it for the template afterwards.

problem #1: when i try to view a topic, look at the "home" tab on the PCP, enter config+ in the ACP i get an error that says "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist"

problem #2: the board now thinks i AM using subsilver, no matter what i set configuration settings to. i assume this came from the automatic editing of some file, but i can't pinpoint it. maybe there's something somewhere that's pointing to subsilver.css, or something...i don't know.

any ideas?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> jchipper : the popup is not generated by the PCP, or you have an error in page_header.php/overall_header.tpl,

> sammyd56 : difficult to answer if you doesn't run the last released version (this one so), although it is quite surprising the users table wouldn't be updated whatever version you run : probably a template issue with the submit button I would say. Upgrade to the last version and check if you have still the same problem,

> Dorg : the manipulation is to initiate properly some switches to prevent a crash when viewing the memberlist with certain conditioned fields.
wseibert

No Memberlist

Post by wseibert »

I've installed this mod with EasyMod with no problems (just had to run the sql manually). Everything works except when I click on the memberlist, It redirects me and logs me off. When I log back on, it goes directly to my Profile.

I've read through this forum twice and tried/checked everything... Everything checks out ok... Must be one small thing that I'm missing...

Any ideas on what to check next?

Thanks for your help! :D
urbanwkseyou0

Post by urbanwkseyou0 »

urbanwkseyou0 wrote: ok, first off, i am NOT using subsilver.

with that said, for installation i decided to just use easymod, add the sql, then fix it for the template afterwards.

problem #1: when i try to view a topic, look at the "home" tab on the PCP, enter config+ in the ACP i get an error that says "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist"

problem #2: the board now thinks i AM using subsilver, no matter what i set configuration settings to. i assume this came from the automatic editing of some file, but i can't pinpoint it. maybe there's something somewhere that's pointing to subsilver.css, or something...i don't know.

any ideas?

actually, to clarify, i modified the mod slightly to fit my template before i installed it with easymod...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”