[RC] Rabbitoshi 1.0.0 ( Pet MOD )

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
pappa

Post by pappa »

I have to say what a great Mod well thought out and I love how the mod is being developed.

I installed the new version on a new clean board 2.0.6
I have the cash mod installed I changed the the 2 files in the root folder to be user_dollars (my currency)

All is working ok (apart from my pet died in 10 hours opps I have changed that setting and I am on my second pet :-P )

Problem is I did not get a private message to tell me my pet was hungry ?
I have set it so that it should PM me but I did not receive any thing :-( what fires off the private messages do some one have to be browsing the board as that might have been it as in the 10 hours I was away no one came to the board :-(

Next little bug is in the petshop management all the images are Rabbitoshi_items_NAME.gif eg Rabbitoshi_items_seeds.gif and it should be
seeds.gif but if I try and change this each time I save it the setting do not change I can change the price but not the picture so it does look like the SQL calls are working :-(

I was not sure about the comments made about editing the constants.php file could some one tell me if I need to change this ? is this my problem strange becuase every thing else is working

Last idea is that I am thinking in rather than having pets that you have boy friends and girl friends eg as my board mostly has spotty 15 year old males that they could buy a online girlfriend (also for my 15 female members) a online boyfriend for the girls you have to buy them shiny presents and and take them out for dinner and for the boys you have to buy them well not sure what you could get for them. but any way its just a idea in my head at the moment :-)

As the body's for the dolls are very easy to draw it would be easy to make them happy sad under fed and even make them in to a skeleton or a RIP logo (the RIP logo should be used on the petsmod as to show when the pet has died)

pappa

Post by pappa »

Here is a example image that you could have when the pet died
the txt could be pulled from the database but of cuase you would need the
GD function libary

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

IMPORTANT BUG:
One of my members wrote: im sorrry to have to PM u again, but i have discovered another error in the pet shop system.

i was trying to buy food and water, and accidentaly i clicked to buy to many waters.
when it told me i had too little money, i pressed back, and tried again, still not knowing about having 1 extra water.
it gave me the same message, and i tried it once more.
then, i went back to the pet main screen, and went to pet shop, and it listed me with items i have not bought. i tried it again with other items, then sold them to see if they were real, and i gained a huge amount of gold. i will pay back the gold if u want.

other than that, i like the pet shop very much. i can keep that error our little secret, if u dont want anybody else to know how to get huge amounts of gold

i just want to know, am i in trouble for making that money?
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

Dr DLP wrote: Here is the fix :

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
#
rabbitoshi_shop.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
$price = (( $$input - $$input2 ) * ( $items[$i]['item_prize'] ));

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#
				if ( ($price > $points) && $price > 0 )
				{
					message_die( GENERAL_MESSAGE,'You don\'t have enough money to purchase all these items'.$lang['Rabbitoshi_general_return'] );
				}
				else
				{
					$psql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
					SET user_points = user_points - $price
					WHERE user_id = $user_id";
					if (!$db->sql_query($psql))
					{
						message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not update user's points", '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $psql);
					}
					$points = $points - $price ;
				}

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
					if( !$iresult = $db->sql_query($isql))
					{
						message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain insert items pets into db', "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $isql);
					}	
				}
				{
					message_die( GENERAL_MESSAGE,'You don\'t have enough money to purchase all these items'.$lang['Rabbitoshi_general_return'] );
				}
				else
				{
					{
						message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not update user's points", '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $psql);
					}
				}
# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#
					{
						message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain insert items pets into db', "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $isql);
					}
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

i get parse error... can you send me your rabbitoshi_shop.php plz...
Nick novalisX

Post by Nick novalisX »

YUeah I get the same problem when i copy n paste from quote/code boxes.
Can u make it downloadable pwease?
Partsking

Post by Partsking »

^Copy/Paste the code to notepad first, then copy/paste to the .php file. ;)
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind"-Data
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

i really love this mod but in the section to view a list of all pet owners..

Code: Select all

78 queries executed
isnt this a little high for a single page that shows like 3 or 4 owners?
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

partsking, can u give me ur code plz? I tried it 3 times and it still doesnt work... givin me parse errors...

also, in the 2nd find, i cant find the so i didnt look for the first line.
{
}
}
{
}
else
{
{
}
}
CoStRa

Post by CoStRa »

Hi! I got a bit confused in your new forums DR DLP, I came back here. :)

There is another bug with evolved pets. An evolution (not buyable) is not shown in pet list, but if an user knows the pet ID, he can buy the not buyable pet without using the form. There should be a filter so you can't buy a not buyable pet even if you try to do it.

Btw, is there a last version with that fix. Where are you going to publish your new mods? I have searched your new forums but I don't find nothing about rabbitoshi :(
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

CoStRa wrote: There is another bug with evolved pets. An evolution (not buyable) is not shown in pet list, but if an user knows the pet ID, he can buy the not buyable pet without using the form. There should be a filter so you can't buy a not buyable pet even if you try to do it.

I'll add a fix for the thing you point ( your users are very vicious ^_^ ) and for the buy issue .
Before updating I'd like to be sure there is no others bugs . Just let me some time .
Btw, is there a last version with that fix. Where are you going to publish your new mods? I have searched your new forums but I don't find nothing about rabbitoshi

This thread is the better place for support :) . You can also use the wGeric forums .

For the moment I am making another mod , so I am not updating the ones ever created . But this will be done , don't worry :)
i really love this mod but in the section to view a list of all pet owners..
Code:
78 queries executed
isnt this a little high for a single page that shows like 3 or 4 owners?

This mods really uses much of the cpu ressources and often calls the database . I have ever rewritten some parts , but this is not possible to use less queries . If you know how to do , tell me !
CoStRa

Post by CoStRa »

Dr DLP wrote: For the moment I am making another mod...

What? How? When? Remember, we are getting addicted to all your mods. :)

Thx for the reply!
Partsking

Post by Partsking »

theanimewizard wrote: partsking, can u give me ur code plz? I tried it 3 times and it still doesnt work... givin me parse errors...

Sent you a pm. ;)
Partsking

Post by Partsking »

theanimewizard wrote: partsking, can u give me ur code plz? I tried it 3 times and it still doesnt work... givin me parse errors...

Sent you a pm. ;)
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

the download link is broken. Is there any other place i could download this from... (and your jail mod)

thanks
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”