[DISC] Advanced Private Messages - beta 0.0.7 (on hold)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
easythomas

Post by easythomas »

Excuse me but my english is very bad and my comments are for Ptirhiik so I will continue in french :oops:

Deux suggestions : -je verrais bien (je ne sais pas si cette option est déjà faite) un systeme qui permettrait d'enregistrer un PM sans l'envoyer maintenant, mais plus tard.
-ainsi qu'une compatibilité avec la liste d'amis de ton pcp. Explication : quand on écrit un message, la liste d'amis apprairait dans une liste déroulante par exemple, et on peut les sélectionner.. ca fait un peu comme un carnet d'adresse si tu vois ce que je veux dire :)

J'ai aussi remarqué qqchose de pas très important sur ta board : quand on va dans boite d'envoi, et qu'on clique sur nouveau message, la fenetre d'écriture s'affiche mais sous l'onglet boite de réception, or ca devrait etre sous l'onglet boite d'envoi non?

Autre suggestion : donner à l'utilisateur le choix d'être notifié d'une réponse par email ou/et par mp et permettre l'archivage de mp envoyé.
C'est tout :lol:

@+
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> using draft for pms : actually, you can send yourself a pm, and later edit it to send it to the good recipient : with an appropriate rule, you can make the pm stored in a dedicated folder,

> PCP friend list : already implemented :) : the friend list will be considered as a group, and while selecting it in the drop down list, the people in it will be added to the recipients, letting you delete some or add some. The friend list is also a criteria you can use in a rule, in order to make some folders dedicated to receive your friends mail,

> actual demo board : the mod is not yet in demonstration on the board, the PCP part being not entirely achieved (now near 90% I would say : home panel remains),

> notification by mail or pm : it will be one of the use of this mod : a virtual "system user" (id 0, won't exist in the users table) is already implemented in this this purpose,

> save pm to mail : also planed, but I have to look further regarding requirements on mail format in order to send (or not) html resulting from the bbcode parsing.
easythomas

Post by easythomas »

Tu sais ce qu'il peut y avoir d'énervant avec toi Ptirhiik : tu pense toujours à tout :lol: Prends ça comme un compliment :lol:
@+
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Wow cool

sub folders :) for pms
testebr

Post by testebr »

excellent mod! It is only lacking to a system of search of private messages :P
FX

Post by FX »

Hello,

Since you don't like attachment mod I presume therefore that your mod will be incompactible at 100% with this one concerning the consignment of file joins in pm.

Otherwise foresee you the possibility to give a priority to the private messages?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The question is not "I like" or "I don't like", neither talking if incompatibility of mods : any mod is compatible with another as long as they don't fulfill same functionalities or opposite functionalities. The question is : "will I be able to install the attachmod following the install description", and the answer is no. It will require an adaptation.

Also talking of priority is a non-sense, as there is no notions of timing in the pms : I assume so you want to talk about sorting, what is covered by the distribution feature.
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

netclectic wrote: being in the mod team means less time to work on your own mods and more time spent working out what's wrong with everybody elses ;)

That is what happened to me. Now it is a pain just trying to find time to run my site, do my MOD Team responsiblities, and work on my MODs.

This is probably a great MOD like the rest of Ptirhiik's!
Eric
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

And there comes the alpha 3 :).

- PCP version is now done,
- Some fixes,
- Files are now moved to includes/ directory,
- tool to migrate phpBB private message to Advanced private messages is included in the tools/ directory

Remains :
- private messages notification
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

0.0.4 came quick so, as the pm notification is added :). The demo board has been modified to integrate the mod :).
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

damn your fast!
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

;) The way the mod is builded allows to enhance it quite easely actually :).
scottct1

Post by scottct1 »

Great mod! Smooth install!

Thank you!
Scott
SatelliteGuys.US
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

ive just been playing around with it on the demo board. Just a couple of notes:

When i go to add a new folder, after i typed in the name i get this error:
You have first to clear the folder from messages and rules before being able to delete it.

Click Here to return to folders management.

Click Here to return to the Index

when that error comes up it also includes the footer and has the nav above it.

I also get this error when adding a subfolder, rule.
You can't apply a rule to a main box.

Click Here to return to folders management.

Click Here to return to the Index
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
Hater

Post by Hater »

As do i...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”