[DISC] Advanced Private Messages - beta 0.0.7 (on hold)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Josh Windu : yep, I'm aware of those : they aren't supposed to appear with the PCP background, but plain page, that's why tue header, footer and nav. I will investigate to fix the creation issue though.
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

ok, thats good.
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The mod goes to beta stage, as all the main functionalities are now stable and usable :). With this version comes a tool to search in the pm for text or sender/recipient (I see one happy there ;)).

What remains - except of course your eventual bugs reports - is the ability to save pm into mails, and also to set limits and preferences at users level (quite easy to do :)).
phpika

Post by phpika »

Hi, I'm upgrading from 0.0.2 alpha, using the PCP MOD, and whenever I click the profile link to go to my profile, I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pcp_set_menu() in /home/srg/public_html/pikachu/forum/profilcp/profilcp_privmsga.php on line 45

I seem to be missing something somewhere?
The Pika Club Website |pvpOnline|"I hope I didn't brain my damage" ~ Homer Simpson
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Are you running the last version of the PCP ? :)
phpika

Post by phpika »

I'm running 1.0.1, I don't know if it's old or not, I couldn't find a latest release version number in http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=pcp

EDIT: Never mind, I went to your website and found out that the latest version is 2.0.0, I have a seriously outdated version. I'll install the new version now.
The Pika Club Website |pvpOnline|"I hope I didn't brain my damage" ~ Homer Simpson
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

There is an uninstall?

How can I go back to vanilla phpBB PM system (maybe without loose any PM), just in case?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Deriel :
- Progs : simply by removing the redirection in privmsgs.php,
- Data : it is a quite simple program (much more than coming from phpBB to apm), and I will write it when the mod will be released (in case of any upgrades of phpBB).
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

this sounds neat

how do we see the demo? i logged in the test name and it says the admin disabled private messages for that username :?:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Yep sorry, I have disabled the ability to the test user to send pm's to prevent any spaming with this anonymous user. Although I don't like to register too, I'm afraid that to access to this demo, you'll have to create a profile.
phpika

Post by phpika »

Nice MOD, I've got it working mostly fine, only a few slight problems I'm having. Firstly, I'm using the Profile Control Panel (2.0.0, latest version :wink: ) and the Private messaging tab takes me to privmsg.php, which is not right. I've added all the MOD said to add to privmsg.php in the right place (
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_post.'.$phpEx);
//-- mod : avanced privmsg ---------
//-- add
$mode = htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['mode']);
if ($mode == 'read')
{
$mode = 'view';
[snip..]
POST_POST_URL . "=$privmsg_id"));
}
//-- fin mod : avanced privmsg -----------------

Secondly, when I try to search for something, I get
Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_VARIABLE' or `'$'' in /home/srg/public_html/pikachu/forum/search.php on line 133
Line 133 is a modified line, it's

Code: Select all

if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['search_username'], intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['multi'])) )
, so I must have MODed it wrong?

Lastly, I use an image to tell a user whether they have a new Private message or not. The image works fine, but the link doesn't. My code looks like this;

Code: Select all

<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">...
I don't know where to change that to work with the Advanced PM MOD?

I'm sorry if what I said was poorly explained, especially that last one, thanks.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

This seems to be error in your modifications. Recheck the install description, taking particular care of in-line statements and before or after adds. don't get any of your issue using easymod, so I assume you made some typos.
phpika

Post by phpika »

OK, I've fixed problems 2 and 3, but I've tripled checked on number 1 and the Private Messages tab still uses the old Private messaging system instead of the new one :?

And I have found a new problem. When I go to delete a private message, it asks me if I'm sure I want to delete the message. If I click yes I get a "Page Not Found" error, but if I go back and refresh the page, the private message is deleted.

Sorry about all this :oops:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The files to deleted are mentioned on the author note of the install for PCP description part. The 404 page error is surely linked to the presence of the basic pcp privmsg.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

And the mod goes to v 0.0.6-beta.

With this version is added the ability to save pms into mails. The users preferences has been also added for the PCP users, letting you the ability to choose the size boxes limit per user (0 meaning no limits). Various little fixes has been applied.

With this version all the planed features are now full-filled,so I'm waiting for feed back about eventual bugs ;).

ps: the french pack has been added to the mod :).

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”