[DISC] Advanced Private Messages - beta 0.0.7 (on hold)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Hater

Post by Hater »

After you click the "edit" button, it seems not abundantly obvious that the only way to get back to view your PMs, or out of editing mode, is to click the cancel button.

Although it only took me about 10 seconds of thinking about it, it did seem a tad inconsistent with the flow of the rest of the mod.

Just a suggestion, would be to place a "done" button next to the "new" button to keep the navigation consistant.

:)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You can use also the navigation sentence actually :). I had though adding the folder box (left part) on this screen too, but I think it is best to extend the posting view rather. The cancel button is not present on this posting view to limit the modifications needed (as this screen can be invoked ie from profile, or posts, or even pms).
phpika

Post by phpika »

All the files are deleted, but it still brings up a "Page Not Found" error, even though the private message is deleted. It goes to the URL http://www.srg.valcato.net/pikachu/forum/privmsga.php? , if it helps in any way
The Pika Club Website |pvpOnline|"I hope I didn't brain my damage" ~ Homer Simpson
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

It shouldn't go back to this url, but to profile.php : check the constants.php include the added var by the PCP ADMIN_FOUNDER.
phpika

Post by phpika »

Yep, checked constants.php, it's there, even re-uploaded it. The strange thing is, it goes to http://www.srg.valcato.net/pikachu/foru ... de=privmsg the first time, which brings up a Page Not Found error, but if you refresh the page, it goes to the same URL obviously, but the PM inbox loads properly. Odd?
The Pika Club Website |pvpOnline|"I hope I didn't brain my damage" ~ Homer Simpson
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Your config is so probably not well done : check the script path and the domain name of your board.
phpika

Post by phpika »

Domain Name: www.srg.valcato.net
Script Path: /pikachu/

And while I'm on the topic of errors, I may as well get two others out of the way too.

The first one is hard to explain, so I have a picture instead. After sending a PM, the sent screen looks like this: http://www.srg.valcato.net/pikachu/images/woops2.PNG
which is obviously wrong as you only have to take a look at

http://www.srg.valcato.net/pikachu/forum/index.php

to see a lot is missing. It can't be a missing .tpl file as I've reuploaded them so many times to make sure.

Also in my inbox the "Next" button to go to page two of private messages doesn't work, in the status bar at the bottom of the page it says "Error on Page" whenever I click on it, which makes me think it might be a browser problem? I'm using Internet Explorer 6
phpika

Post by phpika »

*Sorry about the double post*
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Your script path seems to be /pikachu/forum/, not /pikachu/. The second is a known bug, fix follows :).
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

[*snip*] fixed included in v 0.0.7
Last edited by Ptirhiik on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

[*snip*] fix included in v 0.0.7
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

v 0.0.7-beta is now available. All fixes has been applied to it, and some feature added :) :
  • in conjunction with Post icon mod, you will be able to have icons in front of pm titles,
  • While replying to a pm, you will see in the review box behind the posting view the pm pm you are replying to
For those who have already a version installed (others too btw :)), take the time to read the README.txt : a new field has been added to the privmsga table, and a modification has been also added to profile.php for PCP users.
danb00

Post by danb00 »

sugestions
when a member messages an admin or mod, in the message it shows the users ip and so on.
also how about in the admin privemessage section there could be a privet message lookup and viwer of all members

also what about showing the status of the message?
so after they send message it goes to sent box, then say if the message was deleted it would show up in the sent box as

[deleted] hello

or something like that :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Although the author ip is stored in the private message, the look up by ip phpBB feature doesn't yet support the private messages, that's why it is not implemented (neither in vanilia phpBB btw). I could have a look to,

> once the message readed, the recipient can do what he want to it, ie save it. From then, the status deleted doesn't mean the message has been deleted, but may be mean the message has been moved under another id to the save box. As the saved message has no link with the original one, it is there not possible to do what you are suggesting, without adding the original message id, which would be of poor use (only in this aim).
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

will this mod work with fisubsilversh

i also have cash mod 221 installed will that affect that

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”