[DEV] Bible tags MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Triumph the Comic Dog

Post by Triumph the Comic Dog »

Quark122 wrote: And can you get other translations that way too?
Perhaps you could...Me, personally, I have no interest in other versions.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

any updates on this?

Triumph the Comic Dog

khisanthax wrote: any updates on this?
What kind of update?

PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

Any way you can work with this MOD http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0 to offer both features in one? Otherweise, I would have to upload two entirely seperate db with the same text.

Doctor Love

Bible Verse MOD

Post by Doctor Love »

I have successfully installed this MOD on my website, but did not like the fact that the verses ran on the pages without breaks between the verses. So if you also prefer to have your verses look more like a real page in The Bible then replace all four occurances of:

"  "

with "<br>" in "verse_mod.php".

PS. If you do not understand phpMyAdmin I would not recommend attempting this MOD. However, if you must, and your host has a MySQL Database available for you, then there are a few things you need to know. (1) Create a "PRIMARY" Index on the three FIELDS (number, chapter, verse) You must select THREE columns when you do this. (2) You MAY have to change all instances of NULL to NOT NULL (3) You definitely will have to break the Bible Verses into three or four sections, AND append a "txt" ending to each new file you create. (4) Delete everything prior to the first word "INSERT" included in the old SQL file (bible_verses.sql). Do not alter anything else. (5) Select the external BROWSE query to select your newly created TEXT files one at a time (SQL endings may not work). I was able to upload the entire New Testament at one time, but not The Old Testament. (6) Don't forget to personalize "verse_mod.php".

Good Luck!
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

Doctor Love

Bible Verse MOD

Post by Doctor Love »

I have successfully installed this MOD on my website (Forum not accessible by the General Public), but did not like the fact that the verses ran on the pages without breaks between the verses. So if you also prefer to have your verses look more like a real page in The Bible then replace all four occurances of:

"&nbsp;&nbsp;"

with "<br>" in "verse_mod.php".

PS. If you do not understand phpMyAdmin I would not recommend attempting this MOD. However, if you must, and your Host Provider has a MySQL Database available for you, then there are a few things you need to know. After you have created the TABLE "bible" with FIVE "FIELDS" (number, book, chapter, verse, text) then (1) Create a "PRIMARY" Index on the three FIELDS (number, chapter, verse) You must select THREE columns when you do this. (2) You MAY have to change all instances of NULL to NOT NULL (3) You definitely will have to break the Bible Verses into three or four sections, AND append a "txt" ending to each new file you create. (4) Delete everything prior to the first word "INSERT" included in the old SQL file (bible_verses.sql). Do not alter anything else. (5) Select the external BROWSE query to select your newly created TEXT files one at a time (SQL endings may not work). I was able to upload the entire New Testament at one time, but not The Old Testament. (6) Don't forget to personalize "verse_mod.php".

Good Luck!
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

FernFerret349

Starting New Version

Post by FernFerret349 »

Ok guys, I need the NRSV, so I will do the uh i guess you call it translation, transposition, whatever. One recomendation for the origonal file. WOW I cannot open it without wating five mins. It would be really nice, to have each book, in seperate files.

Eric
Fish

Triumph the Comic Dog

Re: Starting New Version

FernFerret349 wrote: Ok guys, I need the NRSV...
If it is copyrighted then you must get licensing to use it on your site.

FernFerret349

Post by FernFerret349 »

Did you have to do that to use the KJV?

Update: Ok I have emailed the NSRV People, because their license statement can and can not apply to forums at the same time. Here is the liscense:
The [New] Revised Standard Version Bible may be quoted and/or reprinted up to and inclusive of five hundred (500) verses without express written permission of the publisher, provided the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible or account for fifty percent (50%) of the total work in which they are quoted.

We as admins cannot control what users post, so I told them that if I find any people posting entire books, that I will personally delete the post. By the way, Is there a way to limit verses in this mod?
Last edited by FernFerret349 on Wed May 18, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish

PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

FernFerret349 wrote: Did you have to do that to use the KJV?
The KJV does not have a copyright unless you are a subject of the Crown (which does not restruct such use anyway), so there is no violation to use the KJV.

FernFerret349

Post by FernFerret349 »

Ok I have done the first 4 chapters of Genesis, which is no where near 500 lines. I was just curious how difficult it would be to write some extra code so that there would be a bb code button, like the other bbcode mods?
Fish

WebDevv

Post by WebDevv »

I would also like to know, I am interested in using this in my forums. Thanks.

Triumph the Comic Dog

FernFerret349 wrote: Ok I have done the first 4 chapters of Genesis, which is no where near 500 lines. I was just curious how difficult it would be to write some extra code so that there would be a bb code button, like the other bbcode mods?
I did it but never included it in the mod. Look up the mod that adds bbcode buttons...i can't remember what it is called.

FernFerret349

Code For this mod

Post by FernFerret349 »

I used the other bible mod to help me with this code. All this does is add the buttons for THIS bible mod, there are two.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------
#
includes/bbcode.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
$EMBB_widths = array(''

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------
#
 array(''

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------
#
,'55'

#
#
$EMBB_values = array(''

#
#
$EMBB_values = array(''

#
#
,'Bible'

#
#

language/lang_english/lang_main.php

#
#

$lang['bbcode_f_help'] = 'Font size: [size=x-small]small text[/size]';

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------
#

$lang['bbcode_help']['bible'] = 'Bible: [bible=?]Bible passage[/bible] (alt+%s)';

#
#
templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl

#
#
# NOTE: the actual line to find is MUCH longer, containing all the bbcode tags
#
bbtags = new Array(

#
#
'[url]','[/url]'

#
#
,'[bible]','[/bible]'
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
Eric

Let me know If I forgot something, I modded my files, then wrote this little snippit.

I am 99% Positive using this code will conflict with the other bible mod. If for some odd reason you have both on your forums 8O
Fish

Triumph the Comic Dog

Re: Code For this mod

FernFerret349 wrote: I am 99% Positive using this code will conflict with the other bible mod. If for some odd reason you have both on your forums 8O
Most likely because they both use [bible] [/bible]. You can change this one to use [verse] [/verse] if you want to use both.

Thanks for the button mod. I'll test it out and add it to the bible tags mod file. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”