[MOD DB][2.0.6] Keep unread flags - 1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

[MOD DB][2.0.6] Keep unread flags - 1.0.0

Post by Ptirhiik »

This mod will allow to keep the unread flag active until the topic is readed. It also provide this feature for guests, and distinguishes profile running on the same computer. It uses the cookie to store the information.

:arrow: mod pack
:arrow: demo board
Last edited by Ptirhiik on Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Edit : Forgive me : i've not read the MOD description properly :?
Last edited by morpheus2matrix on Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus »

Sounds great! This will be easier way than the read tracking mod to fix that problem? I'm in the middle of too many beta problems right now to try it yet, but looking forward to it. :)
I'm probably wrong again...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Slight upgrade for the mod, in order to initiate better the new cookie (will avoid to ask users to destroy the cookie on first connection). Also a fix regarding categories hierarchy user : an anonymous users wouldn't seen the forums marked when using the mark all forums as readen in a subforum.
danb00

Post by danb00 »

does this work with PCP and your avanced privete message mod thing?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I don't really get your question : yep it covers all the displayed things using topics list tool (used in PCP for watched messages ie, or in topic calendar, split topic type and so), but aren't relative to a private message ie, as it is not a topic.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Let's go for the 0.0.3 version :) :
  • Changelog :
  • make the cookies added permanent (the added cookies were destroyed at the close of the browser : call me an idiot :))
  • fix a sql bug in viewforum
  • add the last visit time for guest on index
The mod seems now pretty stable. If no bug is detected, it will go in RC then released with this version :).
TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus »

Still too busy to try this but I am following it and noticed you need to ask users to delete their cookie. Is there a way to add a link that says "delete all cookies from this site". Thats a separate feature I've wanted for a long time, but maybe it is easy to add to this since it would be used here?
I'm probably wrong again...
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Being too lazy to download and read the code myself, can you provide some details on how it works? If you're using cookies, how do you deal with members that visit your forum from different computers? What's stored in the cookie... a list of read posts? read topics?
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

A list of unread topics and a last visit date for guest has been added to the cookie, that's all :). For people visiting the board from many computers, it will just work has vanilia phpBB, meaning working only with the last visit time for the first connection :).
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

And now the 0.0.4 version, which will be the RC (release compliant) one :
  • Changelog:
  • Add the possibility to store unreads topics information to the database rather than in the cookie. Part 5 of the mod, optional,
  • review the install description to ease installation with topic calendar
Ravenhearte

Post by Ravenhearte »

Seems to have broken the whos online feature.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Can you elaborate a little more ? All working fine on the two boards I've installed it.
Ravenhearte

Post by Ravenhearte »

The Who's Online at the bottom of the index is always showing 0 0 0, even when the admin index shows the correct number of people. I haven't installed any other mods today, and I swear Who's Online worked yesterday. I have the optional store in database installed, if that helps. I ran scripts 1,2 and 5.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Well, the who's online part is based on the phpbb_session table, and the mod doesn't use it, so I don't think it is directly linked to. Check you didn't install it wrongly, screwing your page_header.php, or more probably your index.php, inserting the code at the wrong place (search around define('SHOW_ONLINE', true); )

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”