[DEV] PayPal IPN Integration

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
PHPGeek2k3

[DEV] PayPal IPN Integration

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

Allows you to setup a usergroup that will require payment via PayPal.

When the user either registers for the forum / site they will be presented with a paypal payment button that will send them off to paypal to process the payment and then Paypal will then send back a Instant notification to a script within your forum / site installation.

You will be able to access the transaction logs in the ACP.

Any more ideas before i release this Mod as beta?

This Mod is in regards of THIS THREAD

Thanks
- James
Looking for Linux Server Administration? well look no further. Champion Server Administartion provides server owners with a variety of services to fit your budget.
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

will it be able to run a software download system as per the original thread or will it just run a subscription based forum system?
Last edited by xmulder on Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHPGeek2k3

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

This will originally be a subscription system but with capabilites for addons to allow for pretty much anything
Looking for Linux Server Administration? well look no further. Champion Server Administartion provides server owners with a variety of services to fit your budget.
Vari

Post by Vari »

nice. I am looking forward to this! :)
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

This sound interesting.

Any Alpha demo ?
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

that will be v cool!

Could you add in a feature to allow users to buy points for the forum as well and will there be a way to turn off the subscription system if you arent keep on using it?

Also, just had annother idea - could it hook you up with an e-mail addy if you payed the subscription or have other options such as custom avatars? Lol theres quite a lot that could be added into this :P good idea to have it all running as a cental system with plugins etc
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

how goes the mod?
PHPGeek2k3

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

Sorry got busy with things offline should have a beta release out within a day or so. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks
- James
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

PHPGeek2k3 wrote: Sorry got busy with things offline should have a beta release out within a day or so. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks
- James

a day :O i was thinking something like this would take weeks at least! wow keep up the good work :P
PHPGeek2k3

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

xmulder wrote: a day :O i was thinking something like this would take weeks at least! wow keep up the good work :P

Well this would be for the base system which im not sure exactly what all im going to include in this. For the minimum its going to include a Admin interface, user interface for signing up for the subscription, and some other stuff. Later either i can develop more to this or others can develop onto this. This should be out either later on today or tommorrow.

Thanks
- James
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

What I would like is if a user could pay a fee to join a group. ;)

Like if I had a VIP group, and you payed say $19.99 to join.
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

annother feature that would be nice would be if you could have different levels of donation that would automatically place you in a group so...

if you paid £5 - £10 you would auto join donator, £11- £20 you would auto join contributer and £20+ you would join supporter or something allong those lines?
PHPGeek2k3

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

Rapid Dr3am wrote: What I would like is if a user could pay a fee to join a group. ;)

Like if I had a VIP group, and you payed say $19.99 to join.

This and the suggestion Quoted Below will be added
xmulder wrote: annother feature that would be nice would be if you could have different levels of donation that would automatically place you in a group so...

if you paid £5 - £10 you would auto join donator, £11- £20 you would auto join contributer and £20+ you would join supporter or something allong those lines?

UPDATE: I would like to apologize but right now im getting really busy with work and im not really finding the time like i thought i would have to develop this by today like i originally planned. So again i would like to apologize and keep posting your ideas and suggestions and they might get released in the first release. This should be released by mid January. I again im extremely sorry for getting your hopes up and then disappointing you.
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

no problems at all, im sure that nobody minds how long it takes because at the end of the day you are doing it for free our of your own time so take as long as you need! If anybody should be apologising it should be us for making your schedule more hectic ;)
PHPGeek2k3

Post by PHPGeek2k3 »

xmulder wrote: no problems at all, im sure that nobody minds how long it takes because at the end of the day you are doing it for free our of your own time so take as long as you need! If anybody should be apologising it should be us for making your schedule more hectic ;)

Thanks For your understanding! Greatly appriciated.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”