[RC1] RPG+

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

squalls_dreams wrote: aight. Umm what about the other problem. The elements? oh ya and another thing. When going to pick a job it doesnt show anything. It just shows a blank list. Where is the list to pick the jobs? and what does item buff mean?

Whats the element Problem?

Most likely, you dont have job for that users particular gender/level

Item buff is the strength of the item. Eg, A weapon with 100 buff, will be more powerful than a weapon with 50 buff.

Sorry, I plan on writing a lot of documentation for this MOD, as I understand it can be complex, but at the moment, its not exactly a priority

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

ohhh aight cool cool. umm never mind I got it lol..I just had to fix the levels and what not. Ok umm the elements. I am not sure. I just deleted them all because there was a big list of the same ones over and over so once i deleted one element like wind they all deleted. So now that i deleted them all and i try to make a new one it wont let me because i cant pick an opposing element.

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Ahh, Because you have No elements, you have no opposing elements to pick from, and so cant create new ones becuase of the form validation. I'll fix that now, but a quick fix on your end, would be to run the element sql from update file though phpmyadmin or something. Thanks for reporting that to me :D

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

aight thanks and no problem lol..I hope this is the last question. When I try to buy an item or when someone try's to buy an item we get this problem.
Couldn't Update Item Shop table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'r, phpbb_users u SET r.stock = r.stock - 1, r.sold = r.sold +1, u.user_' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_rpgshop_items r, phpbb_users u SET r.stock = r.stock - 1, r.sold = r.sold +1, u.user_points = u.user_points - 10 WHERE r.id = 9 AND u.user_id = 2

Line : 382
File : /var/www/html/forum/rpgshop.php

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Again, you could try seperating the queries, I'll post the code, when I come back on

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

ohhh thats all you have to do? aight..well I'll try it but still post the code just incase I mess it up..I got another problem but i think its somethin like what you just said. here it is..I'll try and fix this one..
Couldn't Update User table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'o, phpbb_battles b, phpbb_users p SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_users o, phpbb_battles b, phpbb_users p SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over', o.user_bloses = o.user_bloses + 1, p.user_points = p.user_points + '2', p.user_bwins = p.user_bwins + 1 WHERE o.user_id = 5 AND p.user_id = 2 AND b.b_id = '111'

Line : 430
File : /var/www/html/forum/includes/battle.php

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Yeah, I think its something to do with the server settings, and not allowing multiple table querys or something. (or maybe my sql's wrong :( )

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

ya I fixed the problem..but then all i got was this..

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near '. phpbb_users SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over', o.user_bloses = o' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_users . BATTLE_TABLE . phpbb_users SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over', o.user_bloses = o.user_bloses + 1, p.user_points = p.user_points + '2', p.user_bwins = p.user_bwins + 1 WHERE o.user_id = 5 AND p.user_id = 2 AND b.b_id = '111'

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Hmm, could you try this for the previous problem?

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_rpgshop_items AS r, phpbb_users AS u SET r.stock = r.stock - 1, r.sold = r.sold +1, u.user_points = u.user_points - 10 WHERE r.id = 9 AND u.user_id = 2
That might clear it up, and keep it to one query

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

aight umm where do I put it?

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Open rpgshop.php and find: (might be different, if you edited it)

// Update item info and user points
		$sql = "UPDATE " . RPGITEMS_TABLE . " r, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
        	SET r.stock = r.stock - 1, r.sold = r.sold +1, u.user_points = u.user_points - $cost
			WHERE r.id = $item_id
				AND u.user_id = $userdata[user_id]";
			if( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't Update Item Shop table", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}
Replace with:

// Update item info and user points
		$sql = "UPDATE " . RPGITEMS_TABLE . " AS r, " . USERS_TABLE . " AS u
        	SET r.stock = r.stock - 1, r.sold = r.sold +1, u.user_points = u.user_points - $cost
			WHERE r.id = $item_id
				AND u.user_id = $userdata[user_id]";
			if( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Couldn't Update Item Shop table", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}

squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

aight well I am waiting to see if it works because the other person is doin something..but anyway another question..just a quick easy one. When you battle do you have to surrender to quit? or can you kill them?so they have to go to the hospital to revive them aight umm I just got the results and I got this same problem still.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'o, phpbb_battles b, phpbb_users p SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_users o, phpbb_battles b, phpbb_users p SET o.user_hp = 0, b.b_status = 'over', o.user_bloses = o.user_bloses + 1, p.user_points = p.user_points + '2', p.user_bwins = p.user_bwins + 1 WHERE o.user_id = 5 AND p.user_id = 2 AND b.b_id = '111'

anyway just to make this more faster to reply..I got alot of problems that I have found wrong. ummm ok the one I just posted is 1. umm when you try to buy or sell something from the shop i get an error. and hmmm I think that might be it so far.

Volion

Post by Volion »

Some great ideas Filius, would you mind posting them and any others you come across to our RPG design forum (link in signature) I want to compile an extensive wish list of what people would like to have in a phpBB based RPG. This will not only benefit the users but the authors as well.

PS..MOD is looking awsome DM, btw the next time we duel remind me to leave my cash at home you little pick pocket! :wink:
filius wrote: Ah...a mod near and dear to my heart.

Various thoughts friends and I have had on improvements to D&R:
Alex Frost wrote:Tieing something similar to the RPG Center into the forums is a concept I've been thinking about for a long time. For such things as 8-Bit roleplay, typing in

Desmonthesis:
[ice2="Alex Frost"]

would roll the appropriate dice to determine the effectiveness of the attack, based on the stats of the two characters and a chance variable. Then we'd get a box similar to a Mod box or an Offtopic box generated automatically on that post after hitting the Submit button detailing the results, which you would see once you clicked View Topic

Desmonthesis:
[ice2="Alex Frost"]
[align=center][offtopic] Desmonthesis hits Alex Frost with Ice 2, -132 HP[/offtopic][/align]

Random Encounters resulting from simple forum navigation hadn't occured to me, though, and is an excellent idea.

Dark wrote: Menu Trees

Creating a new attack
Admin Control Panel/RPG/Attack Tree

Click on Create New Attack
Enter the attack Name: Ice 2
Enter the attack Tag Name: ice2 (tag will be [ice2="target"] (board RP only)
Enter the System name for the attack: ice2 (board or RPG)
Place the attack on the heirarchy (ice 2 would most likely go under Attacks/Magic/Elemental/Ice/)
Set the high and low range for damage
  • Low: 100
    High: 200
Select the status effect(s) for this attack: Slow
Choose the character animation for the attack: (what character animation will be used when this attack is selected?)
Choose the attack effect animation: (flames, darkness, fade in/out, etc.)

[scroll]...This has been another tutorial for non-existant functions brought to you by Alex Frost...[/scroll]

The Punisher wrote: *pulls out his note book from his trech coat and read off the ideas the he has come up with.

1 Job classes or promotions for that charater class
2 fighter to have that own weapons and monks too
3 side missions to gain more gold or ep. and Maps of the areas
4 super attacks when you level up like deep wood sniper shot for a level 30 ranger class just to say as an example

5 for the "repair items to really work and the explain of how do impove a rare damiond with a pick axe and more repair tools used like a wrench

6 weapons upgades

7 martearial- stone in FF 7 that can be used to powwer up you weapon or to gain a skill

8 Feats like a job you have to pass like in D &D

9 rock and diamonds to used majorly at some point and not jusr for skill tradeing because i have some cystrials in stock that could be useful with
the right set up

10 and this just and idea But maybe something haveing to with Marvel as in the comic book company in the rpc like marvel bad guys as the bosses or something or as different monster type maybe.

I do not know but any way you said ask us what we would like to see in the rpc and give you a list.

Sirus wrote: Ok. Well, as has been said some form of a map would be kinda nice. Probably something very simple.

The world map would consist of areas. You select an area near your own in order to move there. Each move gives you a chance of getting a random encounter while leaving your current area and entering the next area. In addition, in each area you have options like 'Look for trouble' (find a battle), 'Go mining.', etc...

When on a town, you have an option to go to town, which will bring up a generic map which has things like the temple, shops, etc... You can also see other characters in the same area in order to visit their shop or trade.

This system is relatively simple as far as world maps go. The database for the areas would need to consist of a location, name, random-encounter chart, mining-chart, and other areas that it links to.

Hmmm... When creating a character it would be nice to rather then get stats and then pick a character class appropriate to the stats, to be able to pick a character class and then receive random stats appropriate to the class. It was a real pain being restricted to fighter-only the first time I tried to make a character. I hate playing fighters... they're so... blarg... mundane. *_*

There also needs to be skills and spells for the classes. Using scrolls for spell just sucks, especialy when you pay 550 gold for a scroll which does 2 points of damage and then can't figure out a way to recharge the scroll.

Hrm... I'll think of some more stuff later. :)

Corban Saezer wrote: Corban's Suggestions Mk1:
1.) Exclude individuals and/or guilds from purchasing items at your store (For example, why would you want to supply a 1,000 power Finger of Chibi-Sama to your guild enemy?!)
2.) When the Member economy begins to take off, Rob, I highly recommend not supplying powerful items within the Forum Shop. Only raw materials, curatives, and spells. Let other members do the creative work!

I would be more than happy to be a sounding board for ideas on either this or the next version of your RPG.
Proud supporter of phpBB-RPG.com.

Hawk Of the Roc

Post by Hawk Of the Roc »

Is there a way to make it work with the cash mod?

I found out how to do it never mind. :wink:

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

Volion wrote: btw the next time we duel remind me to leave my cash at home you little pick pocket! :wink:

:D
aight well I am waiting to see if it works because the other person is doin something..but anyway another question..just a quick easy one. When you battle do you have to surrender to quit? or can you kill them?so they have to go to the hospital to revive them aight umm I just got the results and I got this same problem still.

DEBUG MODE

File : /var/www/html/forum/includes/battle.php[code]

anyway just to make this more faster to reply..I got alot of problems that I have found wrong. ummm ok the one I just posted is 1. umm when you try to buy or sell something from the shop i get an error. and hmmm I think that might be it so far.
[/quote] 

It looks like the edits we'rent made. I dont see the "AS" added. You should add "AS" before the "o", "b" and "p" after the table names

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”