[RC1] RPG+

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Red Jacq

Post by Red Jacq »

Suetan wrote: I must be stupid or something, but what does the buff actually do exactly. I've been playing around with it, and I just can't seen to figure it out.

Buff is the strength of an item.
cayden

Post by cayden »

Ok a few questions here, i have created some job classes for this mod now, but in the profile nothing shows up, when you click on the arrow the job drop down box is empty.

Also on my forum there was a pre existing mod that specified the user's gender, which was the same variable as the gender part of RPG+, so i left the RPG + Gender variable out, i figured it would just pic up the user's actual gender and use that. will this cause any problems with the game?
Red Jacq

Post by Red Jacq »

cayden wrote: Ok a few questions here, i have created some job classes for this mod now, but in the profile nothing shows up, when you click on the arrow the job drop down box is empty.

You need to make sure that you have set the Level for each job and that the profile with which you are looking for the job is at a level that a job has been made for.
Also on my forum there was a pre existing mod that specified the user's gender, which was the same variable as the gender part of RPG+, so i left the RPG + Gender variable out, i figured it would just pic up the user's actual gender and use that. will this cause any problems with the game?

I haven't found any conflict with the gender mod and RPG+ though I don't know if it will pick up the gender from the other mod.
basilisk81

Post by basilisk81 »

This may have already been asked but oh well, there's far too many pages for me to read through to find out.

Is there a ported version of this out there for phpnuke or postnuke? If not I'll either do it myself or ask some porting sites. Just don't want to do that if it's already been done.
Suetan

Post by Suetan »

Red Jacq wrote:
Suetan wrote:I must be stupid or something, but what does the buff actually do exactly. I've been playing around with it, and I just can't seen to figure it out.

Buff is the strength of an item.

Thank you. Now I can make it so that my items are actually decent. :lol:
BugsALot

Post by BugsALot »

Is it possible to have a job that is only accessable if you have a certain item?
Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

basilisk81 wrote: This may have already been asked but oh well, there's far too many pages for me to read through to find out.

Is there a ported version of this out there for phpnuke or postnuke? If not I'll either do it myself or ask some porting sites. Just don't want to do that if it's already been done.

no its phpBB exclusive atm

Bugsalot : nope
CBane

Post by CBane »

You know what would be very interesting? If you had an option for tournaments.. Like say the admin of the forum could "book" members in tournaments each month and the other members could "bet" on the tournament using the points system. The people who bet on the winner of the tournament would win equal portions of the whole amount accumulated from the betters and the people who bet on the losers would lose as much as they bet. It would also be cool if you could impliment that into "fights" in general. Like say the admin booked a few extra singles fights in addition to a tournament one month, the people could have the option to bet on whatever match they wanted, or all matches and the tournament, or just the tournament and place different amounts on each fight/tournament. I've been looking for something like this mod and it's simply incredible what you've done. I do hope you take my idea into consideration, I think the whole bookie idea would be an awesome addition. :)
Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

that was something DM planned, but he didnt got to it. you can plan tournaments through a simple forum or even a topic. looking at A.I.BOT's mercury mod might be a good one
CBane

Post by CBane »

I don't mean to get off topic but is DM still around and working on this project? I've officially read every page of this topic and he kinda disappears toward the end. I was just wondering is all :)

Also, back on topic thank you for the link I'll be trying to install the rpg mod sometime within the week. Hopefully it all works out. To the author, thank you DM, this system looks to be very promising and loads of fun. Amazing work, props for real.
CBane

Post by CBane »

Small question, is there a way to turn stats off? Like to get rid of the hp, pp, mp, and all of that all together without losing any of the other options?
mickeyfmann

Post by mickeyfmann »

Hi just wanted to let all of you know that i've been playing with this mod and customizing it over the last few months and i've gotten to the point where i've made so many changes that i thought i would share things with you all. At the moment I am wrapping up some documentation and some final changes that i have in the works and then if anyone is interested i will post the package up here for you. I'm calling the mod RPG++ and Darkmonkey your credits are still in all the files, i just added my name to the things that i've created or changed.

Currently here are the corrections and changes i've made.

Corrections:
1.) The edit job function has been repaired
2.) The race setup now works properly for adding and subtracting stats
3.) Fixed a slight problem with the pay wages function
4.) Fixed a small problem with the edit user ability
5.) Fixed a the steal special item script
6.) Fixed a problem with the battle class that basically made it impossible for a player to dodge an AI attack.
7.) Fixed an issue with the battle class that caused problems with player limit breaks.

Changes:
1.) AI characters stats are no longer set by level, instead they have a new field called max level that sets a point at which the user will not see the AI after they pass this level (this was done to prevent one hit kills on each side)
2.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine how much money (per enemy level) that a player will receive upon winning.
3.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine the percentage for AI characters to drop items upon their death.
4.) Admins can now set a variable that will set a max user item number, so that no matter what level a user can't hold more than a certain number of items.
5.) Level up stats are no longer controlled soley by the learning curve variable in the Main options, the new system makes use of random numbers to help balance things out.
6.) Added a new special item script that works like a healing spell deducting mp for health.
7.) Changed the Battle setup so that random battles are not governed by a wait time. Meaning players can engage random monsters as often as they come across them. Also these battles do not set the times in player profiles so they are still free to wage an arena battle. I've also made the changes necessary to keep users from hacking this ability.

Thats what i currently have done, i also plan to change player attacks making them use pp points and making them combined power onto what ever weapon you use.

let me know if this sounds interesting to you.
CBane

Post by CBane »

It sounds interesting to me.. Could you possibly make an edit where you can turn stats off? By stats I mean what I posted in the post above your own..
mickeyfmann

Post by mickeyfmann »

well that would take a lot of coding and it would basically be pointless as it would take away all game play which is based off those stats.
ExistenZ

Post by ExistenZ »

Like this mod...too bad I only found it now, or else I would not have spent all that time finding other mods to do what one can.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”