[RC1] RPG+

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lostsoul112591

Post by lostsoul112591 »

I read that this doesnt work with cash mod? Is that true? And if so, where can I get points mod?

itsonlybarney

Post by itsonlybarney »

the demo board is down....any1 else got a board i can try it out on....
Enjoy talking about trains?

Vilu Daskar

Post by Vilu Daskar »

lostsoul112591 wrote: I read that this doesnt work with cash mod? Is that true? And if so, where can I get points mod?

This MOD comes with a built in Points system.

~Daskar
I am me. Fear me.

radMonkey

Post by radMonkey »

Red Jacq wrote:
mickeyfmann wrote: I will have the updated pack up some time next week as i said i want to finish a few things and document the whole deal better, so that future modders can understand my code.

Wonderful!!! I look forward to it!

How hard would it be to have Usergroups battle AI's? And maybe one another?

Thank you in advance!

If someone is releasing an update then i'd be greatful as this MOD doesn't seem to be supported by the author anymore :( I'm interested in upgrading the RPG+ mod with the fixes, rather than a whole pack. My forum is heavily modded and theres no chance that I can remove RPG+ and install RPG++ I'll help as much as I can.

If RPG++ isn't being released if we can list the bugs so i can go through and fix them myself. I have a bit of a list atm that my users have compiled.
itsonlybarney wrote: the demo board is down....any1 else got a board i can try it out on....

You can have a look at mine. At http://www.radioactivemonkeys.com/forum but bare in mind that I haven't fixed any of the bugs (yet) reported in this thread. Also you have to register on the board to post.
lostsoul112591 wrote: I read that this doesnt work with cash mod? Is that true? And if so, where can I get points mod?

The cash mod is like a mod of the points system. I installed the cash mod and it worked fine for me. Users can buy/sell etc. The only modification I had to do was remove some lines in my template in the users profile that showed how many points they had as otherwise they had statistics on their points and their cash... which are the same :s. You only need the bit in the template called "{CASH}"

Hope this helps.

This Mod is great. Its a real shame that its on its last legs. Can we revive it?

Chasin

Post by Chasin »

Im not sure if this was mentioned eralier.. But I dont feel like browsing 90 pages :) Sorry for that.. :)

I get the following error when I try to activate it in my User CP:

Could not update users table
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_in_rpg' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'chasin@gamingsource.gwgaming.net', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = '', user_interests = '', user_sig = '', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_viewemail = 1, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 0, user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_timezone = 0, user_dateformat = 'd M Y h:i a', user_lang = 'english', user_style = 2, user_active = 1, user_in_rpg = 1, user_notify_donation = 0, user_actkey = '' WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 528
File : usercp_register.php

So I need a little help..

Thanks in Advance.

(Great MOD btw.. 8) )

EDIT: I managed to fix this.. so.. nevermind the problem 8)

Quatre

Post by Quatre »

I got a weird error when installing using easyMOD.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/memberlist_body.tpl] could not find:

<td class="catBottom" colspan="8" height="28">&nbsp;</td>

MOD script line #1969 :: FAQ :: Report

Gymdawg

Post by Gymdawg »

Quatre, you'll have to open up that file and see what the line says. It's something close to, but different, from what it can't find.

Okay, I need some help too. I'm getting this error when I try to view a post.

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE
I've tried everything and I can't seem to get the error to go away.

I'm also having a problem with this error on several pages.

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_rpgname' in 'field list'
Also, how's your mod coming, Mickey?

Quatre

Post by Quatre »

Well, I fixed my last problem, but now I'm getting a completly different problem.

Warning: copy(../processed/common.php.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quatre/public_html/phpbb/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 542

General Error
Critical Error: modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [mods/root/processed/common.php.txt] to [../processed/common.php.txt]
ATTEMPING REMAINDER OF POST PROCESS

That sounds weird.

radMonkey

Post by radMonkey »

Quatre wrote: Well, I fixed my last problem, but now I'm getting a completly different problem.

Warning: copy(../processed/common.php.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quatre/public_html/phpbb/admin/em_includes/em_modio.php on line 542

General Error
Critical Error: modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [mods/root/processed/common.php.txt] to [../processed/common.php.txt]
ATTEMPING REMAINDER OF POST PROCESS

That sounds weird.

This is an EasyMod proble. I'd check their support forums. At a guess it looks like permissions, perhaps incorrect FTP method? Try changing you EM settings and make sure all dirs are CHMOD'ed correctly

Quatre

Post by Quatre »

I got the install to work now, but I have a problem.

I got an error, or two...., saying this when I go into rpg.php

Warning: main(./includes/functions_rpgstats.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 26

Warning: main(./includes/functions_rpgstats.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/functions_rpgstats.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 26

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 491

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 62

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 63

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 64

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 65
Welcome to Paradise Forum Index
General Error

Error retrieving data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'quatre_i927phpbb.RPGITEMS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT i.name, i.image FROM RPGITEMS_TABLE i, USERITEMS_TABLE u WHERE i.id = u.item_id AND u.user_id = 2

Line : 81
File : rpg.php

That's a lot. I know that the whole devide by zero thing means it's trying to divide by something that isn't there which is a problem. How do you fix this? Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, there were a couple errors when I used rpg_install.php. I'm thinking that was the problem. Some of the queries worked and some not.

radMonkey

Post by radMonkey »

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/functions_rpgstats.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 26
yourforum/includes/functions_rpgstats.php isn't there check you uploaded it. Reupload files.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php:26) in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 491

Ignore this for now and see if when you sort out the errors it goes away. Quite often this happens when the page you're viewing has gaps/spaces before the line

<?

in the code of the page your viewing.

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 62

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 63

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 64

Warning: Division by zero in /home/quatre/public_html/forums/rpg.php on line 65

I've had this error a few times before. The page your viewing someone has stats that are 0! and that messes up the RPG calculations. Someone did post a code change to fix this. In the meantime edit the stats of the user. If you don't know who it is then reset everyones stats via the Admin CP.

Welcome to Paradise Forum Index
General Error

Error retrieving data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'quatre_i927phpbb.RPGITEMS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT i.name, i.image FROM RPGITEMS_TABLE i, USERITEMS_TABLE u WHERE i.id = u.item_id AND u.user_id = 2

Line : 81
File : rpg.php

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, there were a couple errors when I used rpg_install.php. I'm thinking that was the problem. Some of the queries worked and some not.

Thats exactly right. The Table doesn't exist so you didn't execute the SQL correctly. Make sure all the databse entries have been made.

Quatre

Post by Quatre »

I don't know if this is true but I think I found an error. When I go into the Admib CP and go to the rpg+ settings to change the ai(and the rest of them) it gives me this.

Couldn't query AI_TABLE

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'quatre_i927phpbb.AI_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT ai_name, ai_id FROM AI_TABLE

Line : 33
File : functions_rpgstats.php
I think there is an error because it says it's looking for quatre_i927phpbb.AI_TABLE which isn't possible because it was have to be quatre_i927phpbb_AI_TABLE. I checked on this. I do have the tables as it says so in phpMyAdmin. It has all the tables listed. Could it be that?

Also, if I used EasyMod do I still need to do all the file editing in install.txt?

Blackpawn

Post by Blackpawn »

When I installed this mod everything worked fine except the avatar . The avatar was not showing up when I put a check in the checkbox that say Use your forum avatar? (URL-Linked Avatars only). Now when I used a link it worked fine , but when my users come to my site I want them to be able to check that box and use the avatar from my gallery . So here is how I fixed it and if anyone else wants to fix theirs they can try this too.

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
rpgcp.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
	// using forum avatar?
	if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_forum_avatar']) && $HTTP_POST_VARS['use_forum_avatar'] = 'true')
	{
		$rpgavatar = $userdata['user_avatar'];
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

$rpgavatar = 

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#

'images/avatars/gallery/'.

#-----[ Done ]------------------------------------------ 

Example :

// using forum avatar?
	if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_forum_avatar']) && $HTTP_POST_VARS['use_forum_avatar'] = 'true')
	{
		$rpgavatar = 'images/avatars/gallery/'.$userdata['user_avatar'];
If for some reason your your avatar gallery is not located in the default directory then you will have to change this to what ever you used .

Other then the avatar problem this mod if very cool , and the few users I have signed up think it's awesome .

ententeak

Post by ententeak »

is available any default settings for items, races, jobs etc. ??

Pls hlp. i don't know setings and english...

modersbach

Post by modersbach »

I tried to install this on my board, and got this...

Warning: init_userprefs(./language/lang_english/lang_rpg_stats.php) [function.init-userprefs]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vhosts/modersbach.e2u.cc/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 317

Warning: init_userprefs() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_english/lang_rpg_stats.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /home/vhosts/modersbach.e2u.cc/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 317

Any help?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”