[Submited] Signatures control 1.2.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
oktracer

Post by oktracer »

I never could find a solution to this problem and never heard back from -=ET=-. I just put in the data I want in the fields and don't worry about it anymore since it is an admin configuration anyway.
eRaze

Post by eRaze »

yes its really wierd because on the 'test' forum it works fine.

Did u (like I did) on the first go forget to update the database?
I did, but then I delete the whole board, reinstalled it and restored the database to a time before I made the mod - then installed the Mod properly (by running the database update first) - jus wondering?
fooh

Post by fooh »

I'm trying to install the update via EasyMOD but keep getting this error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

if ( $postrow[$i]['user_allowsmile'] && $user_sig != '' )

MOD script line #136

And what's this about not installing this on a live forum? I didn't know that before I installed it... hope I can fix it, cuz I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Hi everyone,

I apologize for my late reply but since the middle of March I started a new job and I'm now very busy :(

Nevertheless, I'll try to answer you and offer you a little gift at the end :wink:
whoo wrote: i have sent you a pm, et, thanks

OK, I've seen your files. You forget a very important add in "includes/usercp_register.php"

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
$avatar_sql = '';

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]----------------------------------------- 
#

// Start add - Signatures control MOD
if ( $board_config['sig_max_img_av_files_size'] != 0 && ($board_config['allow_avatar_upload'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_remote'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_local']) )
{
	if ( !empty($user_avatar_name) && $board_config['allow_avatar_upload'] )
	{
		$avatar_file_size = $user_avatar_size;
oktracer wrote: -=ET=- did you ever get my PM for the issue I am having in the Admin config?

No. I've nothing from you in my inbox 8O
Anyway, try to replace...

if ( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_sig_control.' . $phpEx)) ) 
{ 
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_english/lang_sig_control.' . $phpEx); 
} else 
{ 
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_sig_control.' . $phpEx); 
} 
// End add - Signatures control MOD
...by...

include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_sig_control.' . $phpEx); 
sickcycle wrote: What happens to exisiting members who already are in violation of the rules? Do they get PMed or what happens? :?

No!
Controls are only applied at profile validation.
What you want is what is planed for the 2.0.0
ekimN wrote: I think there might be a conflict with the Custom Profiles Mod by zayin.

Yes there is a conflict with this MOD but I've no time to find a solution, sorry :(
RAG wrote: Will this mod work with Signature Editor/Preview Deluxe bu EGO2000 :?:

I don't know this MOD so I can't answer you.
Try on a test board :)
Aidden wrote: After some investigation, it seems this is only happening with JPG's. GIF's work fine.

There is no reason.
Have you got a link to do some test?
eRaze wrote: I installed this mod however once installed I cannot see the options - and I get this :

Same as oktracer. Try what I suggest above.
fooh wrote: FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

Have you try to find manually this code?
Indeed if EM didn't find it, it's likely because a MOD has already modified this part of the phpBB code.
Please quote the concerned lines.

------------

OK, and now the little gift!
The new 1.2.0 release is now available! :D

##   2004-05-30 - Version 1.2.0
##      - Add the possibility for admin to disallow the controls
##        or on the opposite the signature for who they want
##      - Add the Dutch translation by SNEEuWBAL. Thanks!
##      - Fix an issue during profile update when signatures was disabled
This release adds in the ACP > User Admin > Management this section...

It was a bit long but it's better than never :wink:

Enjoy!
Last edited by -=ET=- on Mon May 31, 2004 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal newbie
madnessmotors

Post by madnessmotors »

I don't know if this has been requested or not, if so, sorry.

Is it possible to have an added option for max characters of each line?
Shoshan.net

Post by Shoshan.net »

I have a question,

Will there be a way to limit the dimensions of remote avatars in future versions of this mod??

I'm asking that because this mod also has something to do with avatars.
No siggie....
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

madnessmotors wrote: Is it possible to have an added option for max characters of each line?

Yes it's possible.
I take it in account and I'll see for a future release... :|

Shoshan.net wrote: Will there be a way to limit the dimensions of remote avatars in future versions of this mod??

I'm asking that because this mod also has something to do with avatars.

Well it's not really the aim of this MOD, so it's not planed.
Eternal newbie
conanqtran

Post by conanqtran »

well, its easy to bypass the size check of image use in signature ;) first just use the image that is < size allowed, then after u finish edit ur profile, upload the new image to the server, with exact same name :lol:
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Yep, that's right and nobody says the contrary. What you pointed out has already been said in this topic :?

It's impossible to control for each page displayed the size of each image & signature. It would dramatically slow down your board!

Anyway, it's not that important.
I think very few people will play this game and moreover they must not forget that they can still be banned if they don't respect the rules, clearly explained and imposed by the MOD when you submit your profile!

The most important is that this MOD helps admins to prevent 99% of potential abuses, without any SQL requests, and without any slow down of your board :wink:
Last edited by -=ET=- on Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal newbie
Suspiria

Post by Suspiria »

This question may have been asked, but I couldn't find it.

Is it possible to have different rules?
Example: You may have 5 lines of text OR 1 line of text and 1 image (max 468x60)

I think this could easely be done with some javascript code. Just have a dropdown menu with two options (like above). The rules would then change depending on the setting.
SUSPIRIA The Only Thing More Terrifying Than The Last 12 Minutes Of This Film Are The First 92
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

I'm not sure it's as easy as you said because...
- it can be one line but if it uses the font size 24 it will be much higher than 2 lines,
- if this line, the only one, has 500 characters? It will be displayed on 3 lines,
- and where will you set the # of images you authorize for each # of lines and their size in a single drop down list?

So, your wish is in fact a real table to setup many rules by number of lines, with nearly all the current criteria for each rule?

But that's a major update.
So I'll see for future release but at the present time I'm already very busy... :(
Eternal newbie
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

small query ET. (gread mod btw)
this part of your code =

# 
# NOTE: this is a search by part(s) of code line(s)!
# The original line(s) to find is(are) longer and must look like this (if no MOD has already modify them):
#
# $user_allowavatar = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar'] ) : 0;
#
$user_allowpm = ( !empty(

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#

$user_allowsignature = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowsignature']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowsignature'] ) : 0;
is giving me some bother. i think i have done something wrong. i have a parse error on line 287 of admin_users.
here is my code lines 285 to 294 =

$user_status = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_status']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_status'] ) : 0;
		$user_allowpm = ( !empty( // Start add - Signatures control MOD
		$user_allowsignature = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowsignature']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowsignature'] ) : 0;
		// End add - Signatures control MOD $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowpm']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowpm'] ) : 0;
		$user_rank = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_rank']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_rank'] ) : 0;
		$user_allowavatar = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar'] ) : 0;

if( isset( $HTTP_POST_VARS['avatargallery'] ) || isset( $HTTP_POST_VARS['submitavatar'] ) || isset( $HTTP_POST_VARS['cancelavatar'] ) )
		{
any ideas? i take it i'm just a dumbass lol
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#
...does not mean [ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ] !!!
You have inserted the code in the line to search and not AFTER this line :wink:

The result of the action asked should be...

$user_allowpm = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowpm']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowpm'] ) : 0;

But!
Even if you made a mistake, I made one too: my instruction is correct but my comment is wrong!

#
# 
# NOTE: this is a search by part(s) of code line(s)! 
# The original line(s) to find is(are) longer and must look like this (if no MOD has already modify them): 
# 
# $user_allowavatar = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar'] ) : 0; 
# 
$user_allowpm = ( !empty( 
The original line mentioned is not the right one :(
I'll correct this issue...
Eternal newbie
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Hi, i got it fixed. your code worked great. :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
Rohezal

Post by Rohezal »

Hi,
I downloaded a version of your mod two days ago. It produces the following code around line 850 in usercp_register.php:

if ( $error = TRUE && $sig_error_list )
{
	$error_msg .= ( ( isset($error_msg) ) ? '<br />' : '' ) . $lang['sig_error'] . '<br />' . $sig_error_list;
}
$error = TRUE && $sig_error_list has to be $error == TRUE && $sig_error_list

This is a dangerous bug, since if $sig_error_list is false, $error will be set to false and an incomple / invalid registration will be submitted.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”