[BETA] Post Count Access Control

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

Maybe this is tiresome for you, but would it be possible to use points instead of posts or topics?

PoCUK

There seems to be a loophole in this mod ...

Post by PoCUK »

If I click on a forum that allows posts, then click on <new topic> ... if I then change the forum_id in the address bar to one of my restricted forums, I can post in the restricted forum regardless of the number of posts I have made ....

For my personal preference, I feel this is how this mod should work ...

All qualified users should be able to VIEW the restricted forum based on the forum permissions.

Only users with a minimum number of posts can subsequently post in a restricted forum with min_posts defined by forum.

Is this possible?

Simon

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Nice mod loves it lol yeah installed it on my forums :)

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Nice mod loves it lol yeah installed it on my forums :)

sorry for the double post it is jsut cause it was taking a long time to load so i hit refresh sorry :cry:

newbie123_ky

Post by newbie123_ky »

great mod! but i am not sure if this is a problem or not.. after i installed it. i went into management under forum admin.. i clicked edit to one of the forums and added a number. and clicked submit.. the mod work fine. however, when i clicked on the forum to edit again.. the posts for access is back to 0. is it supposed to be like that? or is there a problem?

DiscoverKate

Post by DiscoverKate »

Does anyone know if this will work on a current version of phpbb? Or if there are technical issues?

briano

Post by briano »

bucky716 wrote: I have some forums set so anyone can view them, you don't have to be logged in, but if a guest tries to view one of those forums it says, "You must have made at least 0 posts to access this forum." I doublechecked the install and don't see anything I missed.. any ideas? Thanks!

I am getting this exact behavior as well when I just installed this Mod.
I'm using the 1.2.0 version as well. I can easily set the forums to a specified limit and it works just fine, but guests still cannot view.

I played with the permissions of each section and still could not enable a guest to view any of the forums. I even entered a negative number in the field and that didn't work either.

any update on this???

thanks

briano

Post by briano »

duplicate.
Last edited by briano on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briano

Post by briano »

I tried both versions and permissions all over the board. i got tired fo messing with it and just created an open group where people have to request access and if they don't have the minimum post count it gets denied. This enables guests and everyone else to be able to view the forum, just can't post or reply.

nice hack if this would work as designed. I'll keep checking back.

SSRJazz

Post by SSRJazz »

Great idea for a mod. Haven't tried it yet, but I do have a suggestion.

Would be great to see this integrated with Cash Mod. Cash mod has some great anti-spam features plus you could periodically reset currency used for forum access to 0 and people would have to post again to get access to that forum. Sort of a "minimum cash' mod rather than minimum posts.

AFIEE

Post by AFIEE »

I think this is a great MOD. Just exactly what I have been looking for.
I am going to install this I just have one question. I don't want to screw up the install. I think I am having a brain fart day.

What exactly I am supposed to change? OR is this just what I input into the sql?

#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
# Change the prefix 'phpbb_' accordingly. 'phpbb_' is the default prefix

AFIEE

Post by AFIEE »

This is an awesome MOD! I installed it and it's working beautifully! I love it, exactly what I needed. Thanks!

AFIEE

Post by AFIEE »

This a great MOD. I installed it and it's working beautifully! I love it, exactly what I needed.

THANKS!

baraider

Post by baraider »

i still have problem that the post set under ACP returns to 0. Anyone found solution to this?

JohnnyMcKinney

Re: [BETA] Post Count Access Control

Post by JohnnyMcKinney »

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_forums.php] could not find:

prune_enable" . $field_sql

I looked myself and I could not find that or

intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . $value_sql

I have added my admin_forums.php for you to help me with.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”