[BETA] Group/Forum Subscriptions - PayPal

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Omen

[BETA] Group/Forum Subscriptions - PayPal

Post by Omen »

Demo - Support - Suggestions - Click Here

Download - Click Here

Description:
  • This MOD will let you sell subscriptions to selectable groups. You can then give that group access to private forums, which will basically let you sell subscriptions to forums. It uses PayPals IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system to update their group membership automaticaly so you don't have to.
MOD Version:
  • 0.0.1 Beta
Installation Level:
  • easy
Installation Time:
  • 5 Minutes
Features:
  • 100% PayPal IPN Compatible
  • Instantly and automaticaly adds the member to the group
  • Recurring billing
  • Easy to use admin control panel
  • Sell subscriptions by days, weeks, months or years
  • Set subscription cost per group
  • Bill members automaticaly from "once every day" to "once every 30 years"!
  • View a clear list of groups you are a member of, can join and can subscribe to
  • Members may cancel their subscriptions from your forum
  • Automatic removal of member from group once membership has been canceled
  • Selectable background colors for the PayPal checkout page
  • Selectable default currency. USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, JPY
  • More will be added to this list
Included Files: 8
  • groups_subscriptions_installer.php
  • groups_subscriptions_uninstaller.php
  • groups_subscriptions_paypal_ipn.php
  • admin/admin_groups_subscriptions.php
  • admin/admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.php
  • language/lang_english/lang_groups_subscriptions.php
  • templates/subSilver/admin/admin_groups_subscriptions.tpl
  • templates/subSilver/admin/admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.tpl
Files to edit: 3
  • groupcp.php
  • groupcp_info_body.tpl
  • groupcp_user_body.tpl

[||||||||||] 100% Done with beta release.

[||||||||||] 20% Done with v1.0.0 release.
Unless the beta is bug free then I will update the version to 1.0.0
Last edited by Omen on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
Omen

Post by Omen »

This MOD is now fully active on my demo site!!

I will be submitting it as soon as I can verify it's stability.

Please help me out by subscribing to some groups.

I need to test it in a live environment with multiple users.

Subscriptions are set at $0.01 and up.

Please report your membership status after subscribing and any bugs if found. If you sign up for a subscription but never get added to a group, please let me know asap.
Omen

Post by Omen »

Thanks to all those who helped with test transactions...
I believe I have squashed all known bugs but it's always better to have a lot of people test it to see how stable it is...

Instant group membership upon transaction completition is now working and instant group membership removal upon cancelation is now working... group sorting is working, buttons depending on membership status are changing like they should...

so by the looks of it, everything seems somewhat stable....
lets get a few more $0.01 subscriptions and cancelations to make sure its perfect...
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Great! I think this will be one of the greatest mods ever...and it'll make phpbb all the better!

Thanks for sharing the script, and I'm setting up paypal account right now so I can test it out for you! :wink:

How 'bout the download link so we can try it out too?
Omen

Post by Omen »

Rookie7 wrote: Great! I think this will be one of the greatest mods ever...and it'll make phpbb all the better!

Thanks for sharing the script, and I'm setting up paypal account right now so I can test it out for you! :wink:

How 'bout the download link so we can try it out too?
thanks!

there isnt a download link because i dont have the install instructions done yet... i just want to make sure everything is working great before it is released because i dont want to be swamped with support requests.. i think thats one of the main problems with a lot of current mods... authors releasing their scripts too early... i know there will be problems that i cannot see and will find when more people use this in other environments, i just want to keep those problems to a minimum....
Omen

Post by Omen »

Download now available! :D
SommerNyte

Post by SommerNyte »

This sounds fantastic, can't wait to try it out!
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Woot! Thanks for the download link Omen! Will try it out NOW! :)

[EDIT]

The installer file "groups_subscriptions_installer.php" doesn't seem to work. It redirects me to the login page...and once I logged in, I got "Page Cannot Be Displayed." I'm using my local server.

Can you post the SQL commands please?

Thanks
Omen

Post by Omen »

Rookie7 wrote: The installer file "groups_subscriptions_installer.php" doesn't seem to work. It redirects me to the login page...and once I logged in, I got "Page Cannot Be Displayed." I'm using my local server.

Can you post the SQL commands please?

Thanks
Oops, I forgot to update the redirect of the installer....
Please re-download the mod again...

Make sure you are already logged in or after you log in, just go back to that file and reload...
Hit your back button on your browser.
I don't have the sql commands at the moment but will try to build a txt file for you if the method above still doesnt work for you.
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Thanks for the fix. The installer works now. However, there's one error
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_groups` DROP `subscription_cost`, DROP `p2`, DROP `t2`, DROP `subscription_enabled`, DROP `subscription_period`
+++ Error: Can't DROP 'subscription_cost'. Check that column/key exists

Maybe you should take that command off entirely since that field doesn't exist.

I installed it with EasyMod and it worked fine. I don't know if it's me or something else, but after everything is installed, I tried to view a usergroup (any usergroup) and it keeps logging me out. It wouldn't let me view a usergroup. The mod seems to work fine at your site though.

Does anyone else have this problem?
rossdagley

Post by rossdagley »

Okay

Doesn't work with EasyMod - got an error (EasyMod skipped line 81 or something), so i installed it by hand.

I get the new menu in admin section, but when I try to use the Subscriptions section, it appears fine, but any changes I make do not apply (IE, when I next g in that page, they are not there). They are also not reflected when looking at the SQL database raw data (paypal_email field for instance isn't what I put in the field on the Subscriptions page)

Also, clicking on Subscriptions Logs i get:

Code: Select all

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT , 25' at line 2

SELECT * FROM phpbb_groups_subscriptions_log ORDER BY LIMIT , 25

Line : 132
File : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\admin\admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.php
Any ideas?

--R
Omen

Post by Omen »

Rookie7 wrote: Maybe you should take that command off entirely since that field doesn't exist.

I installed it with EasyMod and it worked fine. I don't know if it's me or something else, but after everything is installed, I tried to view a usergroup (any usergroup) and it keeps logging me out. It wouldn't let me view a usergroup. The mod seems to work fine at your site though.

I will update the installer to display the correct message.

I have no idea why you keep getting logged out.
Your site doesnt allow guests to view that page so I am guessing thats why but I dont know why this mod would log you out.... Try removing the restrictions to guests viewing that page and see if anything changes...
rossdagley wrote: Okay

Doesn't work with EasyMod - got an error (EasyMod skipped line 81 or something), so i installed it by hand.

I get the new menu in admin section, but when I try to use the Subscriptions section, it appears fine, but any changes I make do not apply (IE, when I next g in that page, they are not there). They are also not reflected when looking at the SQL database raw data (paypal_email field for instance isn't what I put in the field on the Subscriptions page)

Any ideas?

Your forum must have modified something that this mod is looking for... It has been tested on a few forums using easymod to install it and so far this is the first install that hasnt worked... i believe its because your board has modified the files we need edit...

check the link in the admin menu pointing to the logs page....

it should look something like this:
/admin/admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.php?order=DESC&start=0&order_by=groups_transaction_id

It seems as if you are missing the "start=0" variable....

All I can suggest is to reinstall the mod carefully...
Or, look at the exact error easymod is telling you, and alter the line this mod is looking for and then re-run easymod.... Once it is finished, go back to that line and modify it so it can run with whatever other mod it is sharing it with....

if it is a template file thats erroring, install the mod using easymod with subSilver then use the install text to modify your current template....
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

PayPal.com wrote: Error Detected

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

Continue
Omen

Post by Omen »

Make sure all your setting for that group is filled out.

That error is usually there if you don't set the subscription cycle correctly.

Your subscription must be 'at least' $0.01 every 1 day.
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

I fixed it, was an error on my part that made the form null.

Works fine now. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”