[BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.2alpha) (Dec-07)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MakePB

Post by MakePB » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Thanks for new version but i'm disappointed because all 0.3.x users of this great mod now must go through code self and remove all files and codes including SQL from old version and then install new version 8O .
I'm not sure of i will switch from old 0.3.2 version to new version.
Except little changes i do not see any reason to switch over because of all trouble with removing and uninstalling old version and futhermore some options have been stripped in new version.
The old version works perfectly for myself and "XSS bug fixed" has been fixe too:

http://www.codecrush.com/repository/admin_ip_log032.zip

Thanks for bug fixing.

Darlantan

Post by Darlantan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 am

Amailer wrote: Did you remove the "Multiple users from the same computer" feature?

Nope, that feature is still there. However it nolonger generates a flag in the general visits log - instead it generates an entry in the Warnings log.

Future Development:
- I plan to include an option in the log-view page(s) to only show selected log-actions.
- Re-incorporate a CSV export feature
- Possibly re-incorporate a statistics tool, but hopefully base it on some 3rd party package

MakePB:
Yea I can understand the frustration with removing the old version. I wouldn't have done it this way if I didn't think it was for the better. The new version is alot simpler to install, and hopefully easier to maintain. Would it help if I provided a "mod-text" on how to remove the old version?

If the old version works to your satisfaction - great! :) I'm not gonna force you to "upgrade". The new version does lack a couple of the old tools.

However, if you want to log user-actions - the new version has that feature and is probably the simplest to install action-log-mod for phpBB.

HELP:
I have not paid much attention to the wording of the action-log messages.
If you come up with new messages, or even a new log-schema file, to make your logs more readable, please don't hesitate to send them my way, or otherwise provide them to the community :)

Oh, and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

MakePB

Post by MakePB » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:49 am

Darlantan wrote: MakePB:
Yea I can understand the frustration with removing the old version. I wouldn't have done it this way if I didn't think it was for the better. The new version is alot simpler to install, and hopefully easier to maintain. Would it help if I provided a "mod-text" on how to remove the old version?

Thanks for possible a "mod-text" for removing old version. It could be helpful for some people. For myself does not mater because reading reverse process of installing for v 0.3.2 is not difficult.
Darlantan wrote: If the old version works to your satisfaction - great! :) I'm not gonna force you to "upgrade". The new version does lack a couple of the old tools.

Yep i know it.
Darlantan wrote: However, if you want to log user-actions - the new version has that feature and is probably the simplest to install action-log-mod for phpBB.

Thanks for let me know but i will probably continue to use old version.It works great.

quibuz

screenshots

Post by quibuz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Can someone post some screenshots of the latest version or at least tell what the options are that have been stripped in the new version?
Thanks in advance :D

Dinosaur Gas

Post by Dinosaur Gas » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:29 pm

NM...problem fixed

Darlantan

Re: screenshots

Post by Darlantan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 pm

quibuz wrote: Can someone post some screenshots of the latest version or at least tell what the options are that have been stripped in the new version?
Thanks in advance :D

Screenshots up. From 3 different installations so don't pay attention to the different setups/colors.

Stripped features:

- export to CSV: this was a button in the view-log-page to download the log as a csv-file. Stripped because the new log doesn't hexify IPs so it should be easier to export now - thus there prob are better tools for the job. (Like phpMyAdmin perhaps?)

- Statistics: this was a simple page that could show "stats" from the log - browser-usage, OS-usage, spiders, referrers. It was the feature that most people had trouble with - and it had to regenerate stats on every page-load. Not a good way to do stats. So I've taken it out, considering to implement/support a 3rd party stats tool instead.

- Backup 2 File: This feature made it possible to manually backup the database log-data to CSV-files, and reload them for later viewing in the browser. It was abit complex, and added alot of extra work for me to maintain. Again as IPs are no longer stored as hex values, there should be better suited tools out there for exporting data.

arkange_17

Post by arkange_17 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:57 pm

Good job Darlantan ! 8)

Any chance to see a C.H 2.1.6 version of this plugin soon, please ?!

:)
[ Liandli ] : forum Libre et Libéré

Methos2

Post by Methos2 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:55 pm

First off, thanks for all your hard work on this mod, Darlantan! I've been using it for over a year and a half now.

I installed this new version on my board, and after thorough testing I found that it wasn't recording ANY proxies, and only about half of the actual visitors to the site, so for the time being I have gone back to version 0.3.3. I love the new features, and would like to get it working properly. Any ideas on what might be going on? I checked, checked again, and rechecked and I installed it exactly as it is meant to be installed.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

quibuz

Re: screenshots

Post by quibuz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:35 pm

Darlantan thanks for the reply :D
The screenshots make things more clear. I have to say that I haven't installed it yet and that I don't really understand how to fill out the config page when i look at the image. But this sure looks promising.

About the statistics you've taken out. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it might be an idea to log the browser-usage, OS-usage, spiders, referrers etcetera only once per user or ipaddress per day/week/month.
Or it might be released as a configurable addon for boards that aren't as heavily used :wink:

Is there any information on the overhead this mod might cause???

TheHackMan

Post by TheHackMan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:39 am

I had added this mod not to long ago but this was pointed out by a user who tried to make a post(also happens when a new topic is attempted to be made). This error comes up and its one of the included files =/
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_log_config() (previously declared in C:\Domains\9lordrescue.com\wwwroot\forum\includes\functions_log.php:18 ) in C:\Domains\9lordrescue.com\wwwroot\forum\includes\functions_log.php on line 18

redame

How could i set prox.php to the same server with phpbb

Post by redame » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:00 pm

Hello:

Many thanks for ur great work, I just install ur mod, and in configure section i see proxy prob url, There is a file prox.php.
Could u share the prox.php file, and i can set the file to the phpbb server.

Regards

Darlantan

Post by Darlantan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:44 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'm already counting 120+ downloads!

arkange_17: What is C.H 2.1.6??

Methos2: hmm.. I'll have to double-check the proxy-logging then. As for logging only half of the actual visitors - do you mean new/unique visitors?
It is supposed to log everyone once, but the cc_log_time config-variable
is supposed to determine how :often: the visitor is logged. The default value here is 3600 seconds - 1 hour. If you set it to 1 second the visit-log would/should be populated with nearly every page-load.

quibuz:
The "only" interresting part in the config-page is the "value:" field. Guess perhaps I should give a brief explanation to each option/value? I'll get back to this! Thanks for the idea in regards to stats. When I make a stats-feature I'm pretty sure it will be an addon.

Overhead: I have not run any timer tests. But what it does is:
- run through a couple "smallish" arrays and switch-structures
depending on page/result of switch-case test:
- runs through a couple if-elses, resulting in a call to the log-function, or nothing

the log-function:
- loads the log-configuration = 1 database call for 20+ rows.
- a bunch of small tests/checks
- the cc_log_time checks - applies to visit-logging, but rarely on action-logging. Could result in 3-4 db calls (select/insert/update/delete)
- If resolving IP+country: log_get_country is using 1 db call for 1 row - this table is probably quite large though.
- Checking log-excludes - 1 db query and some regular-expression looping
- the actual logging: 1 db call (INSERT) + 1 UPDATE statement if logging an error.

So to answer your question - yes there is some overhead. I'm estimating as many as 8-9 db calls could be issued - 4-5 when logging an action. There's definately room for improvement here.

TheHackMan: ouch.. most likely you've got another log-mod installed that clashes with this one. What you can do is rename the function wherever it is used - or rename the other function++. I'm calling this function from 6 different files.

redame:
that file persay, is not used directly. What actually happens when you
probe an IP+port combination is:
- tries to establish a connection with the remote IP+port
- requests a web-page via the above connection (configurable URL - prox.php)
- if the request succeeds the page will return 1 of 3 lines:
* transpare:REMOTE_ADDR
* anonymous:REMOTE_ADDR
* high_anon:REMOTE_ADDR

On what server/site the prox.php file is hosted doesn't really matter - aslong as
it is accessible (ofcourse it could be preferable to host it "closer to home"). The
reason I've not made it part of the installation is that some firewalls/router (configurations)
hickup when you request a "local" (same-domain) file, cause it has to pass the
request through the fw/router and back again - sort of. But feel free to experiment :)
The prox.php file is really TerraFrost's serve.php:

Code: Select all

<?php
/***************************************************************************
 *                                serve.php
 *                            -------------------
 *   begin                : Wednesday, Mar 3, 2005
 *   copyright            : (C) MMV TerraFrost
 *   version              : 2.0.0 - 03/03/2005
 ***************************************************************************/

/***************************************************************************
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *   (at your option) any later version.
 ***************************************************************************/

if (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']))
{
 printf('transpare:%s\n', $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR']);
}
else if (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_VIA']) || isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION']))
{
 printf('anonymous:%s\n', $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR']);
}
else
{
 printf('high_anon:%s\n', $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR']);
}

?>

I hope this made sense? :)

arkange_17

Post by arkange_17 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:00 pm

CH = Categorie Hierarchie by Ptirhiik. But I believe that you don't like this mod.
[ Liandli ] : forum Libre et Libéré

DCK

Post by DCK » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:04 pm

I keep getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_log_config() in /home/brisingr/public_html/forums/admin/admin_logs_system.php on line 53

TheHackMan

Post by TheHackMan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:28 am

Thanks Darlantan, I did find that another mod part was still installed in my posting.php file so I removed it and everything is 100% now. Oh whenever I delete the one file admin_ip_logGY.php when it says
Old Log Database not found. If you have not upgraded from an earlier version (<= 0.3.2) you should delete this file: admin_ip_logGY.php
for the two links under IP Logs then when I go to one of the two links it says page cannot be found =/

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”