[BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.2alpha) (Dec-07)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi Kris,

I am not sure if this has been reported yet but I think I may have found a bug with this mod.

When I have the moderator logs open, and I click to go to the next page (from the first one) whilst set on 'sort by action', instead it opens to the next page of the visits log instead?

Not too sure why it does this, but I cannot get to previous pages of the moderator log atm whilst in this sort mode.

Any support would be appreciated :D
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

rick5150 wrote: How about this one to automatically enter the IP address on this webpage: http://www.ip-adress.com/

Looks like that site doesn't accept GET-method for ip, only POST. Meaning to use it you'd need to modify the log-template with postable forms, or a javascript POST-routine for looking up the IPs. Sorry, but that's more work than I got time for right now :(

Mc$hAdow:
I'm not sure if the Easymod-way works for this mod.

SKLiF: autoban
No, this mod can't do that as it doesn't record or remember post-details between page-loads. However, if someone wants to look into such a feature, this mod provides a nice place (log_schema.php) where this sort of thing :could: be implemented. For instance, it could be possible to store the value of $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'] in a cookie. Then compare this on each POST-request to posting.php...

Renodil:
you've uploaded the files to the wrong place. logs_install.php is supposed to be run from the phpBB-root.
/home/content/P/i/k/Pikachu1/html/phpBB2/admin/mods/cclogs041/logs_install.php
Should be:
/home/content/P/i/k/Pikachu1/html/phpBB2/logs_install.php

raqman:
yea, the flag is gone and multiple-users instead generates an entry in the Warning log. To see the multiple-users, hover your mouse over the "action"-message (Multiple users from this computer...). I'll probably add a more accessible spot for this - or atleast make the action-message expandable sort of.

tormentor:
thanks for the feedback! Don't hesitate to ask questions, allthough it might take alittle while before I answer. Quite busy :(

Organic Angel Alexiel:
You're absolutely right! thanks for reporting. Exclude does not work. More about it here. Allthough the "fix" for 0.4.1 might not do the trick yet.

MakePB:
ouch. Guess I can't help - no idea how your table got corrupted.

RedTrinity:
lol damn (am I allowed to say that?). Thanks for the bug-report - it's a new one. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

RedTrinity:
Quick-fix that should work for the pagination, but there might be more to this bug in regards to the "additional options" form.

Open the template: logs_body.tpl
Find:

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="{S_IP_ACTION}" style="DISPLAY: inline;">
<input type="hidden" name="db" value="{U_IP_DB}">
replace with:

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="{S_LOG_ACTION}" style="DISPLAY: inline;">
<input type="hidden" name="db" value="{U_LOG_DB}">
Renodil

Fatal Error. Please help.

Post by Renodil »

I just disabled my board and when I went to the Forum Index instead of the usual this board is disabled message I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: extract_current_page() in /home/content/P/i/k/Pikachu1/html/phpBB2/includes/log_schema.php on line 22
p5x

Post by p5x »

Sorry if this has already been covered but i'm getting an error when trying to install the country csv file, it says the file is not in the right place. Everything else installs and works fine.

When i go to admincp it brings up the following error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/green:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)

My phpbb installation is in a folder called forum if that makes a difference.
Fred22

Post by Fred22 »

Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem as p5x.
I've got an error when I try to install the country csv file.

The file is in http://www.mysite.com/forum/ip-to-country.csv
Which value should I insert in the "log system configuration" ?
I've tried a lot of combinations, but I didn't succeed.
Any hint ?
Thank you :)
Partsking

Post by Partsking »

Nice. Just updated from .29 to .41. I like the changes.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind"-Data
RexxCrow
I've Been Banned!

Post by RexxCrow »

Very interesting MOD, this is my first install and everything seems to be working except I get this error in the config/Country pages and have not idea what I am to do to solve it, I tried changing the path to my site, though that did nothing, also all the images on the left hand side are dead images, if that means anything, or what are they suppose to be? TIA.

**** CodeCrush DB Interface ****

File /var/www/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv does not exist!

(* This file is in my root directory, The install reports all 20 files at their location, all tables installed, and when I click on the import for Country's the pages takes a few seconds to reload and is just displays itself again, does not have any Country information shown, also in the ACP under Import Countries csv button, it is disabled.)

Found a prob, when attempting to edit or post I am getting this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_log_config() (previously declared in C:\PATH...\includes\functions_log.php:18) in C:\PATH...\includes\functions_log.php on line 18

I found this post about this issue, and I am using the: Log Actions MOD, though which function(s) is/are needing to be renamed?

Regarding:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... e5e8805ae8
RexxCrow
I've Been Banned!

Post by RexxCrow »

Ok what happened now? I commented out all the inserts from this MOD for the time being, dropped all the databases from this MOD, when I try to make a reply or edit a post it just loops around to preview each time, though when I make a new topic that appears to work fine, preview works as it should also.

* Though if I edit and type something sometimes it will make the update other times it will loop into a preview.

** I have been trying to fig this out and am still confused, though it has something to do with time, it appears that it will make the post after about 1 minute has passed, but will loop at preview over and over until then, what would cause this?

Ok, I tracked the prob down to the Disable SpamBots MOD, guess I am just now noticing it, I installed it 2 days ago and everything seemed ok, until today... http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=210055
AlgerianDog

Re: [BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.1) (updated 20th-Nov-06)

Post by AlgerianDog »

Hi,

Can I install this MOD with easymod? If so, can somebody give me instructions? I am very new to phpbb and am struggling to even get this mod installed.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi Kris,

I just have another small question for you... I have noticed that the column logging member actions is restricted to a set number of characters?

For example, in the Warnings log it has members who have visited from a multiple IP address, but all the column displays is "Multiple users from" and that's it. In the Moderation log, some members display with "New registration (wi" and that's it, with the rest of the sentence cut off.

My question is, how can I increase the character amount so that the rest of the information in that Action field is displayed? At present the Browser column is way too wide and taking up the majority of the space, it could probably be half the size it is and still do the job - many entries don't even make it 3/4 of the way across the total designated space for that field.

I would appreciate your advice with this.

Regards,

Nikki :)
powerful_rogue

Post by powerful_rogue »

I seem to have a problem running the logs_install.php.

It creates all the databases and its fine when I check them, only problem is when I click "populate Ip Flags" - It comes back with this error "File /var/www/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv does not exist!
The code clocked 0.114 seconds, 6 queries used, logs_install.php counts 385 lines"

My layout is set up as htdocs/forum/ip-to-country.csv - Ive had a look around at the files to see if there is anything I can alter, but not having much luck

Any advice please?
LAzYbONEz

Post by LAzYbONEz »

I'm also getting the
/var/www/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv does not exist

problem. I've also tried
/var/www/forums/ip-to-country.csv does not exist

and
/www/forums/ip-to-country.csv does not exist

and
/forums/ip-to-country.csv does not exist

and
/ip-to-country.csv does not exist

all with no luck. I'm sure it will be something easy I just can't spot it...
Piaggio, Vespa and Gilera Scooter Forums
http://www.piaggioforums.com/forums
naitsirhc26

Post by naitsirhc26 »

I am having the same IP problem. The system can't find the .csv file. Any suggestions?
The Barking Spot Message Forums - Uniting the dog sledding community, one musher at a time. http://www.sleddoggin.com/forum
The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

Yes, here's a rather easy way from me to fix the "ip-to-country.csv does not exist"-problem:

Once phpBB 2.2.22 is running with the CodeCrush Log System v.0.4.1 mod applied, simply follow these steps:
  • 1. Surf to your forum and login, go to profile and set it to English if that is not already your chosen language.

2. Connect to your server via Telnet/(S)FTP/WebDav etc., go to the directory /language/lang_english and backup the files langcc_select.php and lang_logs.php.

3. Temporarily delete the files langcc_select.php and lang_logs.php from your server.

4. Switch back to your browser and do something in the forum. You'll receive several error messages that contain a path, i.e. something like
    Warning: cc_ip_log(./language/lang_english/lang_logs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/htdocs/myserver/html/forum/includes/functions_log.php on line 628
    Write down the path (in this case /var/www/htdocs/myserver/html/forum/), re-upload the files langcc_select.php and lang_logs.php to the directory /language/lang_english on your server and go to Log Config in your administration panel.

5. Use the path noted above as the value for the field csv_filepath followed by ip-to-country.csv. In my example, this would be /var/www/htdocs/myserver/html/forum/ip-to-country.csv. Apply your changes.

6. Go to Country Database and click on Import Countries csv once again. Et voilà - c'est déjà tout! :)
Hope this helps.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”