[BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.2alpha) (Dec-07)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
The Great Gatsby

Re: [BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.1) (updated 20th-Nov-06)

Post by The Great Gatsby »

By the way, just an addition to my last post above (and perhaps a bug report?!):

If you're using the CodeCrush Log System mod and have installed multiple languages, you need to copy the files langcc_select.php and lang_logs.php into every other language directory besides lang_english as well, i.e. also to (let's say) /language/lang_german. If you don't do that, everybody using this language will see the error messages describe above.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Is the mod author still providing support for this? No new posts from him since March and some of us are still waiting for a response :(
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

RedTrinity wrote: I just have another small question for you... I have noticed that the column logging member actions is restricted to a set number of characters?

For example, in the Warnings log it has members who have visited from a multiple IP address, but all the column displays is "Multiple users from" and that's it. In the Moderation log, some members display with "New registration (wi" and that's it, with the rest of the sentence cut off.
it displays the whole line as a title attribute - hoover your mouse over it.
As for changing the cutoffs - it must be done in the php file, not the template.

Sorry for the poor support I've been giving here at phpbb.com - I'm real busy and I don't monitor this site. I monitor my own though and do try to respond more quickly there :/

Gatsby: Thanks for providing support! Good thinking on the csv-file problem.

The csv-file stuff will be fixed (hopefully) in the upcoming update (0.4.2) - or atleast it should be better.
I'm trying to find the time to finish the work I've been doing on this mod since 0.4.1 - sometime this summer is my guess. After that I will start looking into modifying it for Olympus.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Darlantan wrote: it displays the whole line as a title attribute - hoover your mouse over it.
Ahh well there you go, I didn't notice that LOL!!! I'll leave it as it is, in that case. Thanks so much for responding Kris :D
VBDesign

Post by VBDesign »

Replacing the SamSpade IP entry (which I think is now an extinct tool) with

http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=

Makes a dandy way to not only return the host, but also the geolocation of a logged user.
"I asked for an assignment... and for my sins, they gave me one."
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

Except it's not exactly accurate :roll: Just tried my own and the IP's of a few of my friends and they all came back wrong...
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
VBDesign

Post by VBDesign »

^^^Marian
I think that has more to do with the network than the geoIPtool.
It's a lot of extra work to set up the geolocation info and a lot of networks don't have the manpower to make it much of a priority.

I know that during maintenance on my own network I've found myself living thousands of miles away. :shock:
almost expected to see Munchkins when I looked outside.
I think it's one of those tools that's sort-of-right more often than it's really really wrong though.

There are a couple of interesting cases I've found where geolocation for satellite ISP service in West Africa are reported as Italy, Israel, and Southern California. That's a bit off the mark... just a little. :lol:
cavallino

Post by cavallino »

VBDesign wrote:Replacing the SamSpade IP entry (which I think is now an extinct tool) with

http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=

Makes a dandy way to not only return the host, but also the geolocation of a logged user.
Hello,
can you explain how to make this change?
Which file/files you need to edit?
Thanks!
VBDesign

Post by VBDesign »

eeek... no files to edit. This isn't a code hack.
you can just replace the SamSpade IP lookup in the ip_lookup_url line of the ACP/log config page.

Other queries you could replace it with

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=whois&host=
http://network-tools.com/default.asp?host=
http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=lookup&host=
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=

and another really good one

http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=

This returns RBLDNS information for block listing... Be careful about the PBL zone (policy Block List) This zone is set up to allow services to prevent abuse of their own systems and should not be used to block forum visitors. If an address is listed in the PBL zone it just means the ISP is diligent and responsible.
cavallino

Post by cavallino »

Thanks VBDesign! Very useful informations!
roadloco

Post by roadloco »

I installed the mod, but only my own actions are being logged (I am the admin).

I logged in under a different account and even moved around as a guest, but none of those actions are logged.

Any Ideas?
StanDouglas

Post by StanDouglas »

I removed v 0.3.2 and installed v 0.4.1. I had to import and run the sql file to create the DB entries. The file executed vis phpMyAdmin with no errors. After that I had to change the path in the DB to the /usrxxx/home/n/m/nmpra-ad/public_html/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv file and then the csv file ran and completed ok. The subsequent "file check" indicated ok for all the files listed.

After adding the changes to functions.php I get an error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_intersect_assoc() in /usrxxx/home/n/m/nmpra-ad/public_html/phpBB2/includes/functions_log.php on line 161

Line 161 contains:
$intersection = array_intersect_assoc($root_dirs, $page_dirs);

If I comment out that line then I get an error on "array_diff_assoc()" undefined, which is the next line.

I hope I don't have a down level of PHP: phpinfo():
PHP Version 4.2.3

All the admin log functions are present in the administration panels, of course nothing is logged because I have to restore functions.php to the original to avoid the above error.

Any help most welcome.

Cheers,
Stan
I got it, the PHP manual says:
array_intersect_assoc()

(PHP 4 >= 4.3.0, PHP 5)
Guess I'm SOL
"Pain is temporary, quitting is permanent!" Lance Armstrong

Stan
linnysue

Post by linnysue »

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I searched this thread and nothing similar came up for the csv file question.
I installed v.0.4.1 of the CodeCrush MOD the other day. Everything seemed to go well and all seems to work, except I get this error message:

**** CodeCrush DB Interface ****
File /var/www/phpBB2/ip-to-country.csv does not exist!

I uploaded the ip-to-country.csv file, but it's not recognized. I set permissions to 777. The file is saved as: UTF-8
Line break type: convert to Windows style

The path is httpdocs/forum/ip-to-country.csv

I checked with my server host and there are no restrictions on csv files or file limitations.
I'm a newbie at installing MODS so I don't understand database edits at all. I did click on install buttons in the logs_install.php browser page. Said all was ok on all files.

Not sure where to go from here. Help!

P.S. - I just discovered that in the "page" feature, I am only able to use the probe feature, not any of the javascript links.
quibuz

Post by quibuz »

linnysue wrote:P.S. - I just discovered that in the "page" feature, I am only able to use the probe feature, not any of the javascript links.
you might want to install java then. just go to http://www.java.com to get it's latest version. I wish i could help you out with the csv file. You might want to check out the author's website on this.
However you might want to take a look at page 49 of this topic too.
I'm not sure, but on IIS you might have to change it to the exact path on your server. (eg: x:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\ )
linnysue

Post by linnysue »

Thanks for trying to help, but installing java.com did not fix the problem.

I also would love the other question answered on the ip-to-country.csv file error message I'm getting. Anyone?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”