[BETA] Birthday Extension for Topic Calendar

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sKaZoOoNe

displaying a birthday user's avatar available?

Post by sKaZoOoNe »

Does anyone else have a problem dislaying a birthday user's avatar on the calendar mouse-over pop-up? Everything else works great, the pop-up shows with the birthday cake graphic, the user's name and age, but I can't get the avatar to show.
EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

Is there a way to show how old the member is turning as well? Right now all it says is, "___ has a birthday today.
sKaZoOoNe

Post by sKaZoOoNe »

I wonder if it's a phpbb version issue. . . For me all the birthday cake gif, age and the user name variables display fine, I just can't get the avatar variable to. . .

What other mods do you have running? :?
YellowGirls

Post by YellowGirls »

Hi,

i have installed Categories Hierarchy 2.1.1 and the Topic Calendar Extension for CH 2.1.1 is there a way to display the birthdays on calendar with this mod?

Yellow
sKaZoOoNe

Post by sKaZoOoNe »

YellowGirls wrote: . . . installed Categories Hierarchy 2.1.1 and the Topic Calendar. . . is there a way to display the birthdays on calendar. . .

I would think so. . . I mean I think I've had them running together at some point.

Have you tried it already?
daruda

Post by daruda »

EB 22 wrote: Is there a way to show how old the member is turning as well? Right now all it says is, "___ has a birthday today.

Same question for me
daruda

Post by daruda »

I have found it, http://www.phpbb2.de/viewtopic.php?t=10502

there can you find a new version, also so you can add the age !
AcidBurn7ukBe

Post by AcidBurn7ukBe »

CICarScene wrote: has anyone done this for neils birthday mod?

Yeah I have. check it out here: www.digitaldreamdesign.co.uk/bcbikes/index.php (September 7th)

Seems to work fine. Don't know how it is speed wise since not many of the members birthdays are filled it (its a dump of another site I admin but from before we added birthdays)
GogNav

Post by GogNav »

Hi,

I have installed Neils birthday mod with the Calendar mod : everything seems to be working fine for now ;)!

I would also like to add the age, like EB22 and Daruda. Daruda seems saying that he found a link to the answer, but I did not find it !

Does someone know how to do so?
EB 22 wrote:
Is there a way to show how old the member is turning as well? Right now all it says is, "___ has a birthday today.
Alex13

Post by Alex13 »

Hi all,

Thanks for this mod !

I've put it on my phpbb, and i'm gotting this error since :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: realdate() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\forum\includes\functions_calendar.php on line 557
Someone know why and what i must do to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

Hi Alex

Did you ever find an answer? I had the same problem, and found a copy of function realdate to put in functions.php. This seems to have worked, but the dates come out all wrong. i.e. everyone's birthdays are on completely the wrong days.

Any help would be appreciated!
Alex13

Post by Alex13 »

Hi Buccaneer,

Sorry but i haven't find any answer, and the author haven't reply me ...

If you find one, please let me know it !

Alex.
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

Thanks, brother.

Don't you hate abandonware? The avatars have never worked either.

Maybe someone smart will come up with a solution one day. Or a new mod.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Alex13 wrote: Hi all,

Thanks for this mod !

I've put it on my phpbb, and i'm gotting this error since :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: realdate() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\forum\includes\functions_calendar.php on line 557
Someone know why and what i must do to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.

This MOD doesn't work with my Birthdays MOD ;)

Version 2.0.1 of my MOD includes an add-on which does just what this MOD does for Neils Birthday MOD but I won't give the link in this thread (I don't want this thread to go too far off topic, after all ;))
chadcham

Date format?

Post by chadcham »

Does anyone know what date format this stores into the user_birthday field of the phpbb_users table? For example, my birthday is 10-18-1974 and in the user_birthday field it is stored as 1751. I need to populate this field from a spreadsheet, but I cannot figure out what logic is used to generate the short format used for the date.

Thanks!
Chad

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”