First initial pre-alpha release: see post on page five of this thread for download details.
OK, I've seen a lot of requests for this one, and I'd kinda like to use it myself, so I thought I'd have a go at writing it. The idea is a character generator like on http://www.go-gaia.com. Site users will be able to make up their own avatar characters by selecting from multiple features, such as hair styles, clothes, eyes etc.
I'm not sure how complex this mod will be yet. This will be the first mod I've actually made specifically for release. I've done a lot of modding for my own use before, but that's easier 'cos I don't have to worry about compatibility with subSilver or using the PHPBB coding guidelines.
OK, onto the features.
- Admin defines all the items available to the mod.
- Admin also defines 'layers'. They show which order the graphics are pasted together.
- Layers can be compulsory (like hair) or optional (like accessories).
- Graphics will be in the PNG or GIF format and must include transparency.
- Users will be able to edit their character at any time.
- Characters will be saved when they've been edited, to avoid having to redraw the graphics each time.
- This mod will require GD for graphics
- Save Graphics Packs (similar to smiley packs) to give to other mod users.
- Integrate fully into the admin panel, instead of using my own admin page.
- Requirements for certain items - either post count or 'points' if you have a mod using points.