[BETA] phpBB Passport 0.2.2 (NOW OUT!)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
WebspaceUK

[BETA] phpBB Passport 0.2.2 (NOW OUT!)

Post by WebspaceUK »

Hello,

Rapid Dr3am and I have created phpBB Passport, however we require this to be tested and your thoughts about the Hopefully soon to become Mod.

First, let me explain what my Mod/Hack is.

phpBB-Passport is the next step in the phpBB World. Are you annoyed with constantly signing up to every forum you goto, approve your account, and filling out the registration, and the rest of the hassel that goes with it. Well thats all going to change with phpBB-Passport!

When you signup for your phpBB Passport account, all your details including AIM, Signiture, and settings, are saved. When you goto a forum and you see the phpBB-Passport logo on the forum, simply click it, and login with the same login name and password as with your phpBB-Passport, even if your not registered!

When you login, your details are automatically transfered, and you are instantly logged in, its just like having a username and password for all forums without signing up!

We have completed the script and make sure there are no serious bugs, however I am looking for Forum Owners who are willing to BETA test it. If you are interested please reply to this topic or PM me with your findings. Below is the download!

Download 0.2.2 BETA

If you would like to see a demo of this hack goto

http://www.phpbbpassport.com/ (The Main Website, get your phpBB-Passport account now before your username is taken).

We have installed the mod on A Demo forum, which is here:

http://www.phpbbpassport.com/beta/

If you wish, check your not signed up.

Direct link to passport (I have not added the logo to the forum)

http://www.phpbbpassport.com/beta/passport.php

Login with your phpBB - Passport login details. And magically your logged in and without noticing the script had signed you up with your details saved on your phpBB-Passport account. Why not check to see your AIM, Email, Signiture, and settings are the same.

Please give me your opinions on the mod, and whether people would be OK with it being encrypted. (As SQL passwords and usernames are in one of the files, and dont want the script messed about with.)

I know this is going to be prety hard to be accepted as a MOD, however I will be happy to provide to phpBB the unencrypted files.

Thankyou in advance,
Fingers Crossed

[quote##############################################################
## MOD Title: phpBB Passport
## MOD Author: Rapid Dr3am < rapid_dr3am@phpBBpassport.com > Antony Bailey & WebspaceUK < webspaceUK@phpBBpassport.com> James Parmee Morris
## MOD Description: Allows people to sign into an phpBB Passport instead of registering to your website.
## When they log in there user details are added to your user database.
## MOD Version: 1.0.7
##
## Copyright: ©2004 phpBB Passport 1.0.6 - Antony Bailey & James Parmee Morris
##
## Support: http://www.phpbbsupport.co.uk & http://www.phpBBPassport.com
##
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit: db.php, constants.php, index_body.tpl, overal_header.tpl, lang_main.php, page_header.php
## Included Files: passport.php, db_update.php, login_passport_body.tpl, passport_new_username.tpl, phpBB_passport_button.gif
##############################################################
## For Security Purposes, Please Check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the
## latest version of this MOD. Downloading this MOD from other sites could cause malicious code
## to enter into your phpBB Forum. As such, phpBB will not offer support for MOD's not offered
## in our MOD-Database, located at: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
## Author Notes:
##
## For your users to be able to use this system they musy have registered at http://www.phpBBPassport.com/
##
## No personal informaton can be obtained without the users prior writtern consent.
## We will not distrobute any data with any third parties, and we will work as hard as we can to ensure all data is
## acurate.
##
## A section of the below code is encrypted for security reasons with regard to the user database.
## All precautions are taken to keep this data protected.
##
## We would like to thank Invader, who designed the phpBB Passport logo image included within this hack.
##
## All the SQL is hosted by WebSpaceUK.com.
##
## Install guide writtern by Antony Bailey.
##
## Contact: rapid_dr3am@phpBBPassport.com or WebspaceUK@phpBBPassport.com for more information.
##
## If you discover any security issues with this hack please let one of the developers know.
##
## If you have any legal concerns, about this hack please contact a lead developer who can give you details of our
## legal policies.
##
## MOD History:
##
## 2004-02-08 - Version 1.0.0
## - Beta Version by James Parmee Morris
##
## 2004-02-13 - Version 1.0.1
## - First Release, fixed duplicate username Bug, and double signup.
##
## 2004-02-14 - Version 1.0.2
## - Fixed Different Caps in username bug, removed banner and replaced for link.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.3
## - Recoded by Antony Bailey, to fit phpBB standardised coding system.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.4
## - Fixed a problem with ' thank you very much to Armin "Kharay" Altorffer for his assistance with this.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.5
## - Added a link to get a phpBB Passport.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.6
## - Fixed server IP resolution problem, to allow remote connections.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.7
## - Fixed a missing doubke quotes (") in the header.
##
## 2004-02-15 - Version 1.0.8
## - Fixed a minor bug with users changing their username if already taken. Allowed users to login with the passport.php file even if already registered.
############################################################## [/quote]
Last edited by WebspaceUK on Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

danb00

Post by danb00 »

you finally released it!

i like this, and seen it in action and it does work!
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB

WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

Thanks Dan!

Its currently a BETA, but just want it all checked before the Submit it to phpBB :D

James

danb00

Post by danb00 »

installed and working on my site

i like it.

the get a passport link, should that not link directly to the registur form?

also would it be an idea if a user registured a username on my forum, it should be added to your database

see

demo here as well
Last edited by danb00 on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

danb00 wrote: installed and working on my site

i like it.

the get a passport link, should that not link directly to the registur form?

also would it be an idea if a user registured a username on my forum, it should be added to your database

Hi,

I like your idea about when they register they are automatically inseted, however we have to keep the Data Protection act in mind. Ill go and research and see if its possible to have a tick box at the bottom of the register,

Great to see it works on your site :D

danb00

Post by danb00 »

heres my new set of language files, i edited it, so it automaticly goes to the main register page

Code: Select all

//
// phpBB Passport
//
$lang['get_a_passport'] = 'This page allows you to sign in automatically if you have a phpBB Passport.<br />If you do not have a phpBB Passport, please visit <a href="http://www.phpBBPassport.com/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true" target="_new">phpBBPassport.com</a><br />And register an account!';
$lang['passport_info'] = 'phpBB-Passport is the next step in the phpBB World. Have you been annoyed in constantly signing up to every forum you goto, approve your account, and filling out the registration, and the rest of the hassle that goes with it. Well that\'s all going to change with phpBB-Passport! When you signup for your phpBB Passport account here, all your details including AIM, Signature, and settings, are saved. When you goto a forum and you see the phpBB-Passport logo in the Login File, simply click it, and login with the same login name and password as here, even if your not registered! When you login, your details are automatically transferred, and you are instantly logged in, its just like having a username and password for all forums without signing up!<br /><a href="http://www.phpBBPassport.com/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true" target="_new">If you would like a phpBB-Passport login click here!</a>';
$lang['passport_login'] = 'Login VIA phpBB - Passport';
$lang['passport_secondact'] = '<b>You can only sign up Once with a phpBB Passport account on one forum!</b>';
$lang['passport_login_error'] = '<br /><br />This maybe because the phpBB Passport login details have been removed from our severs. Please contact the Webmaster if you continue to get this error<br /><br />';
$lang['passport_2users'] = 'Unfortunatly your username has been taken, please fill in a new UserName to use for just <b>THIS</b> forum.';
//
// phpBB Passport
// 

danb00

Post by danb00 »

maybe you could be able to add your current members to the service, so a link in their profial or something will also add their info to your service

danb00

Post by danb00 »

i have a problem

i installed this, logged into it through the passport section, the username was added to my db

but when i go and try and login through the passport i get

You can only sign up Once with a phpBB Passport account on one forum!

but i login ok when i go through my forums login

WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

danb00 wrote: i have a problem

i installed this, logged into it through the passport section, the username was added to my db

but when i go and try and login through the passport i get

You can only sign up Once with a phpBB Passport account on one forum!

but i login ok when i go through my forums login

Hi,

That is what its programmed to do, however we will plan to add a feature so it can login like normal in the next version :)

Thanks for the idea's and keep them comming :)

James

Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

Thank you for your suggestions.

We are not going to be adding the ability for a user go gain a passport via a form on your site, due to the ability to use the INSERT function is a huge security risk. ;)

Right, on to your bugs, you may login with the passport and it will add you to the database, but it will not allow you to login with the passport.php each time it's only for registration, you will not have an account at the site. :)

We are looking for feature requests mainly tbh.

danb00

Post by danb00 »

well i changed the lang files so that it tells you that to login, you will have to use the normal forum login

Code: Select all

//
// phpBB Passport
//
$lang['get_a_passport'] = 'This page allows you to sign in automatically if you have a phpBB Passport.<br />If you do not have a phpBB Passport, please visit <a href="http://www.phpBBPassport.com/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true" target="_new">phpBBPassport.com</a><br />And register an account!';
$lang['passport_info'] = 'phpBB-Passport is the next step in the phpBB World. Have you been annoyed in constantly signing up to every forum you goto, approve your account, and filling out the registration, and the rest of the hassle that goes with it. Well that\'s all going to change with phpBB-Passport! When you signup for your phpBB Passport account here, all your details including AIM, Signature, and settings, are saved. When you goto a forum and you see the phpBB-Passport logo in the Login File, simply click it, and login with the same login name and password as here, even if your not registered! When you login, your details are automatically transferred, and you are instantly logged in, its just like having a username and password for all forums without signing up! <br><b>This login box will transfer your username onto this forum. If you need to login please login through the normal forum login box, and not through passport again!<b><br/><br /><a href="http://www.phpBBPassport.com/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true" target="_new">If you would like a phpBB-Passport login click here!</a>';
$lang['passport_login'] = 'Login VIA phpBB - Passport';
$lang['passport_secondact'] = '<b>You can only sign up Once with a phpBB Passport account on one forum!</b>';
$lang['passport_login_error'] = '<br /><br />This maybe because the phpBB Passport login details have been removed from our severs. Please contact the Webmaster if you continue to get this error<br /><br />';
$lang['passport_2users'] = 'Unfortunatly your username has been taken, please fill in a new UserName to use for just <b>THIS</b> forum.';
//
// phpBB Passport
// 

cant you make it so that the passport login also logs you into the forum as well as signs you up, as that would stop confusion

WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

Hi Danb00

I will see what I can do :)

Thankyou again, any other suggestions from anyone?

danb00

Post by danb00 »

just call me dan :)

maybe live update support, so if i update something on one forum, the next time i logon to another forum it will auto update it.

this is confusing though

but as i said, it would be nice to login to the forum through the passport login as well.

DarkPepe

Re: [BETA] phpBB Passport 1.0.7

Post by DarkPepe »

WebspaceUK wrote: Hello,

Direct link to passport (I have not added the logo to the forum)

http://www.phpbbpassport.com/beta/passport.php

This isnt working..

WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

Fixed :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”