[ALPHA] NewTopic RequiresAdditionalFields 0.1.0b

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
forttrell

Gentle Template Request

Post by forttrell »

Mad-Manne- I hope you are enjoying yourself this summer. I realize you are busy and appreciate our template whenever you have time for it. I do hope you will work in the order they were received as mine was sent on April 8th. I have sent a new private message to you in the event you no longer have the original file. Thanks for all your work.
chilling

Post by chilling »

Manfred has a real job, from time to time :wink; as a sound engineer and spends a lot of the summer off on tour with the various bands that he works for ......

I am sure that he will update when he has a moment but during the summer do not count on a quick reply ....

If you are trying to install a new template I may be able to help - what is your template trying to achieve?
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk
forttrell

My template form

Post by forttrell »

I am aware of Mad-Manne's schedule as I have been following this thread since last summer at least.

I am trying to create a racer of the week posting and the additional fields would list things liike what year they started racing, etc. It has like five extra fields I think and I believe they're all just text fields (it was a really long time ago when I set it up).

Thank you for your offer of help. I am also aware that you are the wing-man on this project and that you often answer the questions left by the rest of us. I will send you a private message with a link to my form. If you know how to set them up and have time I appreciate it. If not, I can certainly wait until Mad-Manne can get to it, it just seemed he might have lost track of me.
Brighid

Knowledge Base

Post by Brighid »

I was just browsing and had the idea of using this in the Knowledge base area. Has anyone tried it, know if it will work, etc.?
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

Ooops ... :oops:
I am still watching this topic, but didn't receive any Notification-mails in a long while.(Not even back in July ??)

Just as Chris pointed out ... this summer again was busier than the last one. I am just about to relax a bit, because the big jobs are over now.

I'll have to take some more time, to sort things out, but shall be back in a while to check what has been going on with my MODs in the past months and weeks.

So YEP .. I'm still alive :wink:

Cheers,
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

chilling @:fortrell wrote: If you are trying to install a new template I may be able to help - what is your template trying to achieve?
Has anything happened here?

If so .. looks like Chris has become an expert in the database-structure for my MOD :wink:

So long,
Manfred.
chilling

Post by chilling »

Great to see you back .... I had a couple of people contact me about the templates but never created the templates as this happened just as I went on holiday ... the link had dissappeared when I got back :oops:

I have transferred our main board over to using the CH MOD and therefore needed to re-write your MOD for CH. It was also getting anoying that each time I changed / updated the head article I would have to re-type all the users settngs therefore it is still waiting to be installed on the "new" site .... :oops:
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk
iotc247

Post by iotc247 »

Chilling have you started this rewrite for ch 2.1.1?
- Support Links -
[ Support Template ] :: [ Knowledge Base ] :: [ Modification Search ]
Brighid

Sample template

Post by Brighid »

Is there a way I can get the dump file? I would like to try and work on it in my time. So if you can send me the file it would be great.

And welcome back :)
Last edited by Brighid on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
qvroger

Post by qvroger »

I tested this mod. Work perfect!
I can't wait the ACP ^^

Congrats.
Brighid

Got one set up but :?

Post by Brighid »

Well Ihave figured out the template, I believe.
Few questions
Can i make some fields null? I have 38 fields they all don't have to be answered, every time.

When I went horizontal on the check boxes, they didn't wrap to screen, they stretched it.

Anyway to use a carriage return or <br>, in long text area? (edit: For now can use php myadmin, but that means I will have to do each entry myself)

A print form option? Just the form not whole page.

Anyway to insert usersname into form as poster, not reader?

ERROR: step 6 doesn't delete the file before trying to write it. So you get a already exsist message. Not bad but only error I got doing multiple installs of it.
Last edited by Brighid on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
mad-manne

Re: Sample template

Post by mad-manne »

Brighid wrote: some of your questions ...
  • Is there a way I can get the dump file?
  • Can i make some fields null?
  • A print form option?
  • ERROR: step 6 doesn't delete the file before trying to write it
  • and some more :wink:
Hi Brighid, hi everyone else ...
as I said before when I "reported" myself as being back ... I still have some things to sort out, before I can get back into this MOD and all related stuff.

So I hope, that you will allow me another 3 or 4 weeks before I will get back on this :roll:

In other words: please don't count on any answers or support regarding NT-RAF until the 7th of November this year!
You might even "see" me in some of my other MOD's topics .. but this is a small part of all the stuff I need to get sorted until I can restart my work on this.

From what I've seen, some of you have been around with this MOD for so long ... you don't actually count in days, do you :mrgreen:

All the best, thanks again for your patience and until soon,
Manfred.
Brighid

Post by Brighid »

mad-manne wrote:
Brighid wrote: as I said before when I "reported" myself as being back ... I still have some things to sort out, before I can get back into this MOD and all related stuff.

So I hope, that you will allow me another 3 or 4 weeks before I will get back on this :roll:
From what I've seen, some of you have been around with this MOD for so long ... you don't actually count in days, do you :mrgreen:

All the best, thanks again for your patience and until soon,
Manfred.
All True

But with Chris being a expert and all :roll: he may have the time to look and tell me where to download the Dump. Then I will be ready to add it to my main site. As of now it all seems to work fine :lol:
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

Brighid wrote: As of now it all seems to work fine :lol:
NIce to hear that ... and as long as Chris has time and expertise to help you out .. I won't stop him :wink:

So long, and I'll be back to support this again soon ...
Manfred.
shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat »

Interesting mod. Waiting for the stable version. 8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”