[ALPHA] NewTopic RequiresAdditionalFields 0.1.0b

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:15 pm

steveorg wrote: ... Did I hear you say, "nothing"? We know you'll get it done when you can. I for one appreciate the effort. :D

Hi Steve,
I don't even think, that Silverhawk was beeing impolite! I bet he was just wondering wheter I was "still around", so a gentle bump after 2 weeks is O.K. for me.

I was just apologizing, because in one of my last posts I kind of promised to move on, but then came another 2 weeks of no progress :?

Nice to hear from you again ...
Cheers,
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)

Silverhawk060

Post by Silverhawk060 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:39 pm

i dun think anyone was saying i was impolite :P

*still waiting for this mod's developement*

steveorg

Post by steveorg » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:13 pm

Silverhawk060 wrote: i dun think anyone was saying i was impolite :P

*still waiting for this mod's developement*

That is true! I don't think anyone on this forum would have the chutzpah to be impolite or judgemental. :P

mad-manne

STILL alive ...

Post by mad-manne » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:51 pm

:oops: Phew ...,
I'm back to let you know, that I'm still alive!

I was working on a *very* time-consuming project, but that will definitly be finished on monday! Next week I will be busy working on a BIG techno-event in germany, and to make things even worse I will be moving to a new flat within the month of may.

:idea: But I promise to take this MOD-project to an end.
The above softare-project really "ate" my time away and I couldn't find a free minute to spend on the MOD, but this will change!

Hope you guys are not yet too frustrated, waiting for this thing to get started :?

Cheers,
Manfred.

Silverhawk060

Post by Silverhawk060 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:00 am

*is frustrated* lol j/k :P

steveorg

Post by steveorg » Mon May 17, 2004 8:00 pm

Hey mad-manne!

The good news is you're busy, so that means you have a life beyond this mod. 8)

The bad news is you're busy, so that means you have a life beyond this mod. :cry:

Any idea when you'll have a chance to get back to it? :P

Silverhawk060

Post by Silverhawk060 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:12 pm

*bump*
still very busy i presume?

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:34 am

steveorg wrote: The good news is you're busy, so that means you have a life beyond this mod. 8)
YEP, that's right. As I said I have been busy moving to a new flat and I was offline for almost 1 month now.
The bad news is you're busy, so that means you have a life beyond this mod. :cry:
Sometimes I wish I had an "extra-life" to spend time on projects like this one, without the need to take time from my "standard-life" :?
Any idea when you'll have a chance to get back to it? :P
Well as I am a freelance-soundengineer the summer comes with a lot of work(festivals, etc.), but anyway I am just about to finish the biggest part of work that is related to moving to our new flat.
I am optimistic to find some time to get back into this project within the next week. It will take some time until I'll re-understand my own code :-), but after that I'll do my best to finish this MOD!

Cheers to everyone involved and I hope your patience has not been abused ... :roll:
Manfred

Silverhawk060

Post by Silverhawk060 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:04 am

*bump*
more people need to get interested in this mod :P

forttrell

More people might be...

Post by forttrell » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:03 pm

It's just possible that we're all very patient and understanding. I know I for one am really looking forward to this mod being finished. But I'm also thankful that someone out there's smart and nice enough to spend countless hours of their time making a tool for others to use for free. Especially since I think he's not even working in his native langauge (not that I could tell from your posts mad-manne).

Sure it's frustrating to know that there's something out there you want and can't have. However, I think mad-manne will get to it as soon as it fits into his schedule and if I were him, reading posts trying to spur him into action when he doesn't have the time would just make me feel bad. I'd quit the whole project instead of feeling crummy that it wasn't getting finished fast enough for everyone's liking. The concept of delayed gratification is not new to the adults out there but it can be a hard pill for children to swallow.

Mad-manne- I am one of the quiet (until now) watchers who looks forward to trying your mod once you finish it, whenver you are able to. Enjoy your summer and make lots of money freelancing.

mad-manne

Re: More people might be...

Post by mad-manne » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:44 pm

forttrell wrote: Sure it's frustrating to know that there's something out there you want and can't have. However, I think mad-manne will get to it as soon as it fits into his schedule and if I were him, reading posts trying to spur him into action when he doesn't have the time would just make me feel bad. I'd quit the whole project instead of feeling crummy that it wasn't getting finished fast enough for everyone's liking.
Hi forttrell and everyone else involved ...
I can understand, that some of the "early adopters" are getting impatient, because I had promised to get back into this project earlier :roll:
So no need to worry, that I might get annoyed by some impatient comments, and quit the whole thing !!!

(Un)fortunately, the festival-season came with much more freelancing-work to do than I had expected 8) and so there's only a little amount of time left. I would *love* to spend all that time, sitting at the PC and coding things like this MOD, because I am actually mad about programming, but I have to spend some time with my wife and daughter in order to not become the stranger that only comes home to eat and sleep!

:idea: Despite of all being said before:
I have started to "crawl" back into this project, and fortunately it didn't take too long until I re-understood, what I had coded so far. I am working on some internal improvements and made some other decisions about the way the information will get stored and hope to let all of you participate with the ongoing development in my demo-forum, before releasing this into an ALPHA-stage.
As soon as I update my demo-forum with the latest version of my MOD I will inform you here!
Mad-manne- I am one of the quiet (until now) watchers who looks forward to trying your mod once you finish it, whenver you are able to. Enjoy your summer and make lots of money freelancing.
Thanks and all the best for you ...
Cheers, Manfred.

chilling

Post by chilling » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:24 pm

Hi mad-manne, your MOD looks real cool and will certainly do a lot of what we require for Bug-Tracking ... see MOD Requests posting Bug Tracker Mod ....

So now that the festival-season is now nearly at an end is there any time scale when we might be able download and start trying to break your MOD for you :) - ie count me in on your Alpha testing team :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:17 am

chilling wrote: So now that the festival-season is now nearly at an end is there any time scale when we might be able download and start trying to break your MOD for you :) - ie count me in on your Alpha testing team :)
Hi chilling,
yes you are right ... the festival season comes to an end! 8)

I have been making small progress in the last weeks, but nothing new has been released yet. I am planning to relaunch my test-board within the next 2 weeks which will include the latest version of the MOD and hope to finally :oops: get this project into ALPHA until the end of september!

Where ALPHA as desribed further up this thread will mean, that only the engine to handle input & output of RAF will be included in the MOD. As regards to the ACP stuff, the only thing that will be in there, is the part where you'd assign a template of RAF to a forum!
All the rest would have to be added to the database by telling me which fields an ALPHA-tester needs, then I would setup these and send a phpMyAdmin dump to execute to the users DB.

I will try to make an easy chart or something, to handle these requests soon.

Cheers,
Manfred.

chilling

Post by chilling » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:09 pm

That is great news :) ... did you follow the link to my other posting ... Bug Tracker Mod
chilling wrote: I too am keen to get a bug tracking MOD which is integrated into phpBB.

I would suggest the following UI changes :

Posting a Topic (posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=1)
  • Users are generally familiar with posting questions to a forum, such as phpBB, therefore if reporting a bug used the same interface would be sensible.
  • In the Options section of a posting, where the current "Normal", "Sticky", "Announcement" options are a new option of "Bug" is added. This would mean for instance, that if MOD_attach is installed they could added files, screen shots etc at this point.
  • Either, as the Bug option is chosen, a new section is added to the current page or when the submit button is pressed a new page is displayed asking for additional information.
  • In our case we only need a small amount of info, Component and Version but I could see others requiring all the other fields similar to those on the "Add a new Bug" page of the phpBB Bug Tracker.
  • This though appears to be all taken care of with a MOD under development [DEV] Post RequiresAdditionalFields
Viewing a forum (viewforum.php)
  • As the "Bug" field is the same as "Sticky" and "Announcement", it could have it's own set of icons and the topic subject could be "Bug - Status: Topic Subject" with Status obviously being dynamically changed to the current bug status.
  • Once the bug is closed the topic would be locked
Viewing a topic (viewtopic.php)
  • I would suggest that when the topic is viewed which is a Bug, a section is displayed at above the Author and Message Heading with a summary of the bug status, assignment etc.
  • Again this appears to be all taken care of with a MOD [DEV] Post RequiresAdditionalFields
Administration
I would suggest in the most simple of bug tracking scenarios the only requirements would be for the modulator (/developer):
  • A page displaying all the bugs with a number of filters - ie All my bugs, All open etc.
  • The ability to assign the bug
  • The ability to change the status and either add a canned message as posting "Can not replicate this bug please can you provide extra information", or a normal message. In either case the original poster and anyone with watch topic turned on will receive an emailed update from the forum.
  • The ability to close the bug which automatically locks the topic and may move it to a different forum - ie "Resolved Issues"
Unfortunately my php skills are not up to writing this but I would be a very willing tester :)

That is what I will be using it for :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:37 pm

chilling wrote: That is great news :) ... did you follow the link to my other posting ... Bug Tracker Mod
Yes, I had a short look at this ...
as far as I understand you would plan to implement both the Bug Tracker MOD and mine to get the "perfect" solution?

Well, I think that I should have a closer look at this other MOD, because chances are high that others would also want to use both MODs so I could do some testing to see if these could collide in any way!

Cheers,
Manfred.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”