[ALPHA] NewTopic RequiresAdditionalFields 0.1.0b

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
chilling

Post by chilling » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:43 pm

Manfred wrote: I think that I should have a closer look at this other MOD

The other MOD does not yet exist .... it is a wish list of hopeful people :) who do not have the skills to do the great job you are doing with this MOD. I was just pointing out that you were already doing a lot of what would be required for a Bug Tracking MOD.

When you release your ALPHA code I might take a look at trying to hack together some of the easy extra bits :) .... but no promises - might well be beyond me :oops:
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk

Silverhawk060

Post by Silverhawk060 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:59 am

this mod is a good one :) and i'm still waiting :D

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:10 am

chilling wrote: The other MOD does not yet exist .... it is a wish list of hopeful people :) who do not have the skills to do the great job you are doing with this MOD. I was just pointing out that you were already doing a lot of what would be required for a Bug Tracking MOD.
Oh well, that's what happens by just talking a short look. :P

I still understand that my MOD could be extended by a BugTracker-thing.

I will first finish what I have so far ... and might jump in on that later or someone else(Chilling :?: ) takes the BugTracker idea up ?!

However it would be a good idea to inform me, whenever someone else takes action to develop a BugTracker so that him/her and me could get in touch to keep compatibility in mind to be able to use both MODs together ...
Silverhawk060 wrote: ... and i'm still waiting :D

I know that you and some other early adopters had to be quite patient :roll:

I have just finished to update my local development-system to phpBB 2.0.10. Now I'm working on re-applying my MOD to it. Shouldn't take too long until I can then add some more code that will be seen soon at my test-board

So hang on to this,
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)

chilling

Post by chilling » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:31 am

Manfred wrote: someone else(Chilling ) takes the BugTracker idea up ?!

I'll have a go - but don't think my php shills are upto producing anything as exciting as your new MOD :)

Looking forward to testing the new board :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp

Shof515

Post by Shof515 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:09 pm

does this mod work with the sub forum mod?
Whos missing up my sig?

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:17 pm

Shof515 wrote: does this mod work with the sub forum mod?
Hi shof515,
I guess you are talking about this MOD ?

I have not yet tested this, but as soon as I have the basic code ready to release into ALPHA, I will take a look at the sub-forum MOD to get an idea, whether ther ecould be something where the 2 could collide!

If there's no *major* problems along the road .. I will try to achieve compatibilty with said MOD, because it seems to be a very useful and often-used one :roll:

Cheers,
Manfred.

Shof515

Post by Shof515 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 pm

yes...and i think u might need to make small changes to make it work witth that mod
Whos missing up my sig?

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:37 pm

Shof515 wrote: yes...and i think u might need to make small changes to make it work witth that mod
I am optimistic enough to hope, that my MOD might even work together with sub-forums out of the box, because that MOD doesn't seem to tamper with the way the forum_id is being used!
That's where my MOD checks whether it should take action or not ...

Anyway there might arise problems to find unique MODding-points to apply my MOD to a board where sub-forums is already installed and vice-versa.

As I said, I will check that anyway so just stay tuned for more!

Cheers,
Manfred.

chilling

Post by chilling » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 am

mad-manne wrote: ]I still understand that my MOD could be extended by a BugTracker-thing.

I will first finish what I have so far ... and might jump in on that later or someone else(Chilling :?: ) takes the BugTracker idea up ?!

However it would be a good idea to inform me, whenever someone else takes action to develop a BugTracker so that him/her and me could get in touch to keep compatibility in mind to be able to use both MODs together ...

OK ... I am taking on the challenge :) ..... so I have decided to take on the long term project to develop a Support Desk / Bug Tracking MOD see [DEV]Support Desk and Bug Tracking

Manfred I would love to load your code onto my development site so that I can have it "incorporated" from the start for the MOD I am developing ... any idea when a development version might be available?
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:11 am

chilling wrote: Manfred I would love to load your code onto my development site so that I can have it "incorporated" from the start for the MOD I am developing ... any idea when a development version might be available?
Hi Chilling ...
I am just about to rerelease my DEMO-site with the latest(still pretty unfinished) version of my MOD! This should happen within the next couple of days.
After that I will try to extract a first ALPHA-version from the code I have now. This might take some more days, but I still hope to get that done until the end of first october week.

I'll be back with detailed information a.s.a.p

Cheers,
Manfred.

chilling

Post by chilling » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:16 am

Great - looking forward to downloading it ..... are you making it EasyMOD compatible?
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:21 am

chilling wrote: Great - looking forward to downloading it ..... are you making it EasyMOD compatible?
Well, as far as I understand it, there's still no definition of what really makes a MOD EM-compliant ...(but I might be wrong there, because I am not up to date with the EM-development :-(), but I will be checking my MOD so that it installs(via EM) with *no* errors whatsoever onto a vanilla phpBB!

Cheers again,
Manfred.

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:05 pm

O.K. Finally back with some good news ... 8)

:arrow: I have relaunched my DEMO-board!
Registration has been reactivated on the board, so if you want, you can register an account for your testing there! The test-account is also still available. Just read through the forum-announcements over there and you'll know what's going on :-)
The major change is, that the submitted data is now being saved AND displayed!

It will take some more days until I have extracted all my code-snippets in there to make a MOD-file from it, but I hope to get this done pretty fast.
As has been explained before, the ACP-part of the MOD is not yet finished, so I'll present a way for ALPHA-testers to get their template-data. STAY tuned!

:arrow: Name of the MOD has been changed
I never really intended this MOD to be able to collect data for *every* post within a topic, but rather felt that this was only necessary in every new topic's first post. The optional feature to be able to ask for the fields in *every* post has been discussed in here before, but it has not actually been asked for.
:idea: Anway I had at least planned to structure my code and database-design in a manner, where I'd be able to implement this in a later stage. I have now dropped this idea totally due to some reasons that I can describe on demand.

To reflect this change, I decided to rename my MOD to: NewTopic RequiresAdditionalFields
We can and should still hold on to the abbreviation RAF when talking of the RequiredAdditionalFields, because this part has not changed.

Cheers,
Manfred.
Last edited by mad-manne on Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chilling

Post by chilling » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:38 pm

Great to see the board up and running again ...

I can't click "Remember these answers for your next topic!" it is disabled .... is it meant to be?

Is there any way to amend the information given in the users configuration form .... editing the initial post does not bring up the RAF again ?

Looking good and will certainly put straight onto my development site as soon as you release the MOD code :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:12 pm

chilling wrote: Great to see the board up and running again ...
I am also glad that this milestone has been reached :roll:
I can't click "Remember these answers for your next topic!" it is disabled .... is it meant to be? .. / .. editing the initial post does not bring up the RAF again ?
Don't worry ... both of these are features that I have not yet finished. That's why I deactivated both to get the DEMO running at first :mrgreen:
On my development-server they are almost finished, so they will *both* be in the ALPHA-version!
... will certainly put straight onto my development site as soon as you release the MOD code :)
I have just started to setup a spreadsheet(*.XLS 5.0 so almost everyone should be able to open and work with it), so that ALPHA-testers can send me their desired template of RAF-setup. I will then return a phpmyadmin-dump to insert all the necessary data into the according tables!

Cheers,
Manfred.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”