[DEV] Subforums, Subcategories, Hierarchies, ...

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sicclife

Post by sicclife » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:40 pm

i accidentally deleted the forum before the catagory trying to get a

catagory
Sub Cat
Forum
and it moved it up above so the catagory is still there ghosting.. how do i manually remove this.

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:09 pm

remove the ghost forum in phpmyadmin. If you get a list of your forums you can drop the one you dont want.

nexialys

Post by nexialys » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:58 pm

...hum.. sorry to bother again, but will it be possible someday to have a stable version of this mod ?!... i think the best thing you have to do right now is to fix what it's already working, make it a RC of some sort, and don't change a thing until it's debugged, release it that way, and make updates later...

for now, as you can see, we hit more than 250 messages about the first post, but nowhere we have a STABLE version of it...

if you have one, change the title of the topic and put the release in the first post, so we have an historic of the development... because for now, we have to read the entire 256 messages to see what's going on here...

thanks!

...oh, and yes, i'm always complaining... not your work, but the devel... i prove that way that this tool is needed and have to be stable... :lol:
-=nexia=-

i'm not god, i'm a nexialist... god is perfect.. i try to make it weak.

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:01 am

seems stable to me i couldnt have my forum the way i wanted withought this mod.

Ralendil

Post by Ralendil » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:43 am

nexialys wrote: ...for now, as you can see, we hit more than 250 messages about the first post, but nowhere we have a STABLE version of it...

Sorry but this mod is STABLE. There is a version. Double doom version.
He has to do the how to but need some times...
nexialys wrote: ...if you have one, change the title of the topic and put the release in the first post, so we have an historic of the development... because for now, we have to read the entire 256 messages to see what's going on here...

Hmmm... Nexia... Martin K was the first author but seems to haven't got time for this mod.
So Double Doom has made the changes for the last version. But as he isn't the author of the first post... you follow me?

For the changes I am waiting like you the how to to work on debugging. I hate to search when I don't see the entire mod.

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:19 pm

could anyone tell me exactly how i can make this work with a different template when someone is a complete newb such as myself... Also what mods dont work for this. 2.0.2 Thanks

I just installed the stuff that didnt have to overwrite and the images but i get the x... look here http://www.sicclife.com/phpBB/index.php Thanks

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:15 am

nm what i did was rename the subsilver cfg in the template to charcoal and the images appeared.

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:23 am

The attachment mod needed modifying and Ralendil has taken care of that. The forum permissions mod where you can see all the permissions on one page doesnt work (although that may be a 202 issue rather than this mod).

I cant think of any others.

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:29 pm

Cool thanks btw can you help me fix this... black 3d and blue1 are the only ones that have that type of problem and its only on the subfolder.. I edited the cal 4 spots
Last edited by sicclife on Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:56 pm

Find in index_body_sub.tpl

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN catrow -->
<tr>
<td colspan="6" class="catLeft"><span class="cattitle"><a href="{catrow.U_VIEWCAT}" class="cattitle">{catrow.CAT_DESC}</a></span></td>
</tr>
<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
The code may be a little different but you want the bit between the BEGIN commands.

The colspan value means how many columns should it span across. Increase the value on yours by 2 and it should fill that gap (it may be 3 but i think topics and posts is classed as one column).

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:31 pm

cool i got that bar working now the outside is a little white what do i edit to fix that....
Last edited by sicclife on Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:14 pm

I removed the cellspacing and border which made it smaller but didnt remove it
</table>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2"

Edit= I think it has to do that the tables on the main page of this template are styled differently not simple tables so its missing the graphic on the tpl that will require customized editing or imputing of the graphic url of some sort.. this is with black3d thanks for th help

Manutencao

Post by Manutencao » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:14 pm

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:01 pm

sicclife wrote: I removed the cellspacing and border which made it smaller but didnt remove it
</table>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2"

Edit= I think it has to do that the tables on the main page of this template are styled differently not simple tables so its missing the graphic on the tpl that will require customized editing or imputing of the graphic url of some sort.. this is with black3d thanks for th help

What you can do is copy the entire contents of index_body.tpl into the sub version.

Then, if you dont want the whosonline bit, remove that table.

sicclife

Post by sicclife » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:10 pm

err thanks a lot lmao thats a lot better its perfect now.. i didnt try that in the past cause i thought the sub had some special attributes for the sub forum but it doesnt.. also for anyone using the mod that highlights so they can click anywhere in the table to get into a topic by doing what doom just told me it also enables that mod on the sub forum level.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”