[MODDB] eXtreme Styles mod 2.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TERMINATRIX

Post by TERMINATRIX » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:25 pm

Fine lets update again !! - :wink: :roll: :roll: For the CASH-MOD display I use this one and it works perfect for me !! -

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN cashrow -->
<tr>
  <td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{cashrow.CASH_NAME}:</span></td>
  <td><span class="gen"><b>{cashrow.CASH_AMOUNT}</b></span></td>
</tr>
<!-- END cashrow -->
<!-- BEGIN switch_cashlinkson -->
<tr>
  <td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"></span>
  <td><span class="gen">
<!-- BEGIN cashlinks -->
   [ <a href="{switch_cashlinkson.cashlinks.U_LINK}" class="genmed">{switch_cashlinkson.cashlinks.L_NAME}</a> ]
<!-- END cashlinks -->
  </span></td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_cashlinkson -->
- TERRA OCEANICA -

- Multiple AI-BOT Mod / Attachment Points V1.70 Mod / Seasons Mod 0.2 -

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:02 pm

TERMINATRIX wrote: For the CASH-MOD display I use this one and it works perfect for me !!

Then i guess you didn't click on user's profile :wink: I recommend you click on it and you'll see problem. Its a small problem and everything else works perfectly, but it is still a problem.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

BlueByYou

Post by BlueByYou » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:38 am

Cyber,

I have only come across 2 issues with your mod, otherwise its great! That being said...

1) Your template.php creates an extra row with this } symbol in it above the Back to Top link under the posters info in viewtopic.

2) Some changes made in the config do not always remain. Occasionally ill hit the refresh and the changes will not take.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running an extremely modded and customized board, however ive tested against everything. Thanks again for a great mod!

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:53 am

1. you must have some bug in that tpl file that causes this. if you show me that file (viewtopic_body.tpl) i can find error.

2. i'll check it, but i'm 99.9% sure that code is correct. some variables depend on other variables so if you for example, set auto_compile to "no" and auto_recompile to "yes" then auto_recompile will automatically be set to "no" because that variable works only if auto_compile is enabled.

gopunkyourself

Post by gopunkyourself » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:10 pm

just wanted to let you know your update script tells me to download xs mod version 2.0.0beta 2 as the latest one when i have RC1 installed.

Diskmaster

Post by Diskmaster » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:30 pm

gopunkyourself wrote: just wanted to let you know your update script tells me to download xs mod version 2.0.0beta 2 as the latest one when i have RC1 installed.

I assume the update script checks a file on CyberAlien's server, so he probably hasn't updated it yet. So, don't worry about it. :3
Murphy's Law is recursive.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:50 pm

Thanks. I forgot about that.

TERMINATRIX

Post by TERMINATRIX » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:16 pm

CyberAlien wrote:
TERMINATRIX wrote:For the CASH-MOD display I use this one and it works perfect for me !!

Then i guess you didn't click on user's profile :wink: I recommend you click on it and you'll see problem. Its a small problem and everything else works perfectly, but it is still a problem.

Believe me I clicked there and there is no problem I can see - Donate and Modify of CASH amount inside PROFILE working fine - There was a problem a long time before, even with your Old V1.01, but this was resulted from an older version of the CASH MOD !! -
- TERRA OCEANICA -

- Multiple AI-BOT Mod / Attachment Points V1.70 Mod / Seasons Mod 0.2 -

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:37 pm

Weird. It doesn't work on my test forum with latest version of that mod. Well... i guess it makes this mod half-compatible with cash mod - works for some users and doesn't work for other users.

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:27 pm

CyberAlien wrote: About cash mod:

I have tested cash mod. There are problems with it, but i will not add fix for it. Author of that mod extends template class when there is absolutely no need to do that. If you want this mod to be compatible with cash mod ask author of cash mod to use output buffering instead of extending template class. Some functions do require interfering with template class, but that can be easily done by accessing $template->_tpldata without messing with template class.

If I worked out a solution to the cash mod template extension, would you take a look and suggest alterations as needed. At the moment I dont think the cash mod tpls are cached so therefore this would be a nice addition, im not 100% sure how to do this but I can give it a try.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:32 pm

No. There should be no alterations at all for this mod. Its cash mod that should alter code, not this mod because cash mod can be easily done without extending template class.

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:40 pm

CyberAlien wrote: No. There should be no alterations at all for this mod. Its cash mod that should alter code, not this mod because cash mod can be easily done without extending template class.

I mean altering the cash mod extension, too work properly with eXtreme Styles. Not altering eXtreme Styles to work with Cash Mod.

vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:43 pm

I am on my hands and knees... Please add IF support :(
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:04 am

Sorry, no. That will require complete rewriting of template class and I'm not up to this work right now. Besides, php is enabled so you can easily do anything with php.

FX

Post by FX » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:58 pm

No problem with qbar, and pcp. Exelllent great job 8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”