[FINAL] yellow card (+ card ban system)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom »

I have a little bug which allows the same post to get multiple yellow cards and if a mod clicks on the yellow card on the same post multiple times, it issues multiple yellow cards.

Can you recommend the first place i look to fix this please? Hopefully, this will save me looking through the whole code all over again to find it.

TIA
Niels Chr. Denmark

Post by Niels Chr. Denmark »

a mud forum wrote: I cannot find in the file phpBB2/templates/Subsilver/viewtopic_body.tpl the following code. Is there something I'm missing or just overlooked?

Code: Select all

<span class="postdetails">{postrow.U_POST_TRANSLATE} </span>
</td>

sorry, my mistake, it is a typo (left over) from my translate post mod

this should have been

Code: Select all

[FIND]
{postrow.IP_IMG}</td>
thanks for letting me know, I will update the how-to
Niels Chr. Denmark

DoubleDoom wrote: I have a little bug which allows the same post to get multiple yellow cards and if a mod clicks on the yellow card on the same post multiple times, it issues multiple yellow cards.

Can you recommend the first place i look to fix this please? Hopefully, this will save me looking through the whole code all over again to find it.

TIA

I'm not shure I understand completly, but, you should be able to assign as meny yellow cards as you wish - this can be configuret in the ADMIN PANEL, how meny yellow cards the user can have before banned

first time the mod/admin press the yellow card the user have 1 yellow card, secound time the user have 2 and so on...

have I missed something ?
DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom »

Sorry, i knew i hadn't worded it right.

If 10 different mods were to click the yellow card on one post, it issues 10 yellow cards. On a previous version of our board, no matter how many times that one post was yellow carded it could only get one warning.
Niels Chr. Denmark

DoubleDoom wrote: Sorry, i knew i hadn't worded it right.

hmm. Now I don't recall that my mod have ever worked that way...we are talking about a previus version of yellow card - rigth.

Ok, to your question, I can see the problem, when more moderatores can give cards.
It is though a litle complicated to solve, becuse it is intended that a user can get/have more than 1 yellow card, before banned - witch users gives the warning the MOD doesen't handle (and have never done).

can you suggest a way to handle this, witch is "simple" and still can handle mulitiply yellow cards...I can't figure it out

maybe this could be solved if the moderator, witch gave the warning to the user, did send a mass PM to the other moderators, excplaining witch user have got a warning and due to what, this way other moderatos new about the users post - and doesen't give him/her a warning for the same post/reason.
DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom »

We had a heavily modified board before and that was opertating on a one card per post, irrespective of how many times the button was pressed on that post.

We went back to a clean board and installed the mod manually and we now get it as mentioned above, but this is how you say it should be.

I have the old code backed up somewhere. I will take a look at it and see if there was anything obvious that restricting it to one card per post. I will post any outcome.
a mud forum

Post by a mud forum »

Its me again :) Thanks for the fix, glad I could help, I think I may have found another one, in admin_users, something isn't right, (how's that for a technical explination) this what my admin_users looks like. Image.
Is it something I did or overlook something or something else? Because I am unable to delete a user nothing happens when you click submit.
Niels Chr. Denmark

a mud forum wrote: Its me again :) Thanks for the fix, glad I could help, I think I may have found another one, in admin_users, something isn't right, (how's that for a technical explination) this what my admin_users looks like. Image.
Is it something I did or overlook something or something else? Because I am unable to delete a user nothing happens when you click submit.

it does not look rigth to me, try check the template file
Niels Chr. Denmark

I have now made a security update, to this mod
please look this post

http://mods.db9.dk/viewtopic.php?p=2152#2152
Niels Chr. Denmark

I have now implemented a "write a message to moderators" when reporting a post to the moderators (blue card)

this is done, so you from admin panel, specify a specific forum, to where the reports are to be "send", you can ofcouse choise to make the forum hidden, for ordenary users, as long as they have permissions to post in it

reports conserning the same topic, wil be in the same "report topic", so moderators can see if a specific topic, gets lots of reports

this feature is not yet described in the how-to, but is now availble for test in my pre-loaded pack, the how-to will soon come

next planed feature is "block user" for X hours
I plan to use this button Image
for this feature, should this look different ?
Berend

Post by Berend »

Niels Chr. Denmark wrote: next planed feature is "block user" for X hours
I plan to use this button Image
for this feature, should this look different ?
Nice! :D
Niels Chr. Denmark

I have to day released a upgrade for yellow card mod (card ban system)
new version is 1.3.0.

this upgrade solves a SECURITY ISUE, please look this post on how to update your code
http://mods.db9.dk//viewtopic.php?p=2271#2271

this is considers as importent

now also include the posibility for users to submit a post into a "report forum" when they press the blue button (report post to moderators), this way giving them a option to explain why they did give the blue card
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Niels! Please check your HOWTO update code in that link ASAP. Big problems in it. I posted in a thread on your board (Yellow Card) forum as to describe the problems.
Niels Chr. Denmark

This is now fixed, the posted upgrade instruction should work, please feed back
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

As I've been saying on your board also. Everything works except when selecting to leave a message in the created "Reports forum", the new message doesn't get titled w/ thread# - Title Nor does the message contain anything to indicate what post was reported.

Both the above mentioned problem I am having are working fine on your mods board so no idea. Must be conflicts with another mod I have :x

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”