[FINAL] yellow card (+ card ban system)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kakalto

Post by kakalto »

Hi,

I recently installed this mod, (obviously unsuccessfully) and now when I go into my forums, it comes up with "message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?"

Could you please help me? Which file(s) could I have messed up? What are(is) those(that) file(s) meant to look like?
spbw

Post by spbw »

JSlayton2002 wrote: OK, also, the report forum isn't working. Could that be due to this error as well??

I set up a test forum to check mods before porting to the live forum. I am on PHPBB 2.0.17.

I found the yellow card suite (ver 1.4.12) did not work. I went to the ACP Forum Permissions and set the BAN to Mod, UNBAN to Admin and POST to Mod.

I then went to General Admin - Config and allowed "User email via board".

The mod worked fine. www.spbw.com/testbb if you want to see it. You cannot see the ACP but this is what is added.

Limit of bluecard
First notification to moderators is sent, when a post get this amount of blue cards

Interval of bluecard
Notify the moderators again for every x bluecards given to a post

Maximum number of warnings
If a user gets more yellow cards than this limit, the user will be banned

Report forum
Select the forum where users reports are to be posted, users MUST atleast have post/reply access to this forum

What I would like is a good write-up that I can use as a User's FAQ for this mod. Anyone spot this?

Mark
spbw

Post by spbw »

ADDENDUM

What I would suggest is that you set up a basic test forum, install EasyMod and use this to test out the mods before ever doing anything on your live forum. That way if things get pear-shaped then you can just wipe the test and restart.

However, an easier way is to read the mod, find out what files are involved and copy them to your hard disk. That way you can just copy them back if it goes bad. Mind you, undoing an SQL command may not be so easy!

As an example, I downloaded a "report post" mod from www.phpbb.com. This failed miserably and when I posted about it the author came back to say it was an old mod and to use the new one - which he quoted. Both were registered as version 1.0.0 and both did not work. I am still waiting to hear why he did not update the mod version, post the new mod to the verification team and what he is going to do about the next failure.

I now have a version - yellow_card - that works and is ready to port over to the live forum.

Mark
BuzzStPoint

Post by BuzzStPoint »

the report forum work for me.. But.. It will only send the post to the report forum if the user leaves a message for the mods.
spbw

Post by spbw »

I clicked the blue button and the grey alert box came up. I clicked yes and saw this.

This post has now been reported to 1 moderators

Click Here to write a message to the moderators or
Click Here to return to the topic

The post was emailed out to me in seconds. Are you sure the email option in ACP is on?
Pawel

Post by Pawel »

I've install 1.4.12 version, but there is no any word how to add RY-button (temporary ban), only picture for it and code in card.php file. Help me, please, with this task.

P.S. I've also installed Protect user account mod 1.2.9
Best regards, Pawel
Tom65789

Post by Tom65789 »

On my forums i want to move the warning level number from under the username in the viewtopic to where it shows in this picture.

and here is a problem it only shows when they have warning level but i want it to show all the time so its like "Warnings: 0" how can i do this but if they dont have any warnings its jsut a blank space and it looks untidy

Visit my *rubbish* Forums here:
http://www.T65789.co.uk/forums/index.php
Darkwander

This user in an ADMIN and therefore cannot be warned

Post by Darkwander »

I keep getting the following error
This user in an ADMIN and therefore cannot be warned or banned

The member that i am banning is just that a member , also it is only some posts , for example First retreat , it might work in one post of these , but when i goto another post it wont work. Even if it is in the same folder...

Dosnt matter what i click on , ban , warn , same thing comes up.
Darkwander

Re: This user in an ADMIN and therefore cannot be warned

Post by Darkwander »

Darkwander wrote: I keep getting the following error
This user in an ADMIN and therefore cannot be warned or banned

The member that i am banning is just that a member , also it is only some posts , for example First retreat , it might work in one post of these , but when i goto another post it wont work. Even if it is in the same folder...

Dosnt matter what i click on , ban , warn , same thing comes up.

Okey , i seem to found a problem , it is banning the last person that posts. not the person that i am clicking on. For example say i click on Debbie , and Sanura is the last person to post then Sanura gets the banning , that is why it only comes up with the warning sometimes. It depends on who was the last person to post. Any one have any idea on where the problem might be for this peice of the code.
Darkwander

Post by Darkwander »

Anyone ???
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Locked under this document. Details for reclaiming the thread are within.
Systems Engineering

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”