[FINAL] yellow card (+ card ban system)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Niels Chr. Denmark

Post by Niels Chr. Denmark »

EDIT:
you have send me, your posting.php, I will try look into this
Niels Chr. Denmark

LaZeR had a point, I did missed something to the how-to
I have now corrected the how-to PART 2, new version is 1.3.5

to upgrade from 1.3.3, please do the following to posting.php

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
case 'reply': 
   $username = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['username']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['username'] : ''; 
   $subject = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']) ) ? trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']) : ''; 
   $message = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'] : ''; 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE, FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']) ) ? 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE, AFTER ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$extra_message_body. 

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$hidden_form_fields = '<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="' . $mode . '" />';

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$hidden_form_fields .= ($lock_subject) ? '<input type="hidden" name="lock_subject" value="'.$lock_subject.'" />':'';
$hidden_form_fields .= (!empty($extra_message_body))?'<input type="hidden" name="extra_message_body" value="'.$extra_message_body.'" />':'';

this will fix, that a post report will get a link to the reported post, and that the subject in the post report is the same as the reported post + post_id
GoleyC

[ Unban Problem ] - with Admin Control Panel

Post by GoleyC »

Some vitals first:
  • phpBB v2.0.3
  • Installed Yellow Card Mod / Working Great
  • Yellow Card MOD v 1.3.1
Here's the problem:

When you "Ban this user now" using the Red Card, all works fine. The user is banned and placed in the Ban Control box.

However, when you go to unban the user using the Ban Control in the Admin function, the users username is removed from the box, but their status, per user management shows thems as in-active. As well, all their post still showing the user as being banned.

The only way to actually unban and re-activate a user account is to use the Green Card. You should be able to use both.[/list]
CG
GoleyC

[ Enhancement ]

Post by GoleyC »

Enhancement Suggestion

Maybe add a page when you click the blue box it will bring up a window and a message explaining what they are about to do, with a cancel option. Then those curous people wont accidentally flood our email box with Post Alerts.

Perhaps this could be done. When they click on the blue card, a window pops alerting them to their actions with a chance to cancel out before they send the moderators an email. If they choose to continue and alert the Moderators, a text box will appear so the offended person could include a message to the moderators explaining why they are alerting the moderators of their actions. Right now, you have to setup a forum to do this, this other option would be great.

Maybe this can be added to the code:
onclick="return confirm(\\'Are you sure you want to Alert the moderators about this post?\\')
CG
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Niels, I performed the above steps. Problems remain with this mod. Likely still missing code and the misspelling of subject as subjeckt in part of the code in posting.php. Please see the message I posted on your board concerning the problem(s). Thanks
Niels Chr. Denmark

subjeckt should ofcouse be subject
I have corrected in the how-to, thanks
GoleyC

Reported Post Forum Problems

Post by GoleyC »

Yellow Card MOD: Latest Version with all the updated code fixes.
phpBB v2.0.3

We've implemented the Report Forum so that user can send a message to the moderators and it will be posted in that particular forum.

There are two problems that we have encountered.

1. First problem: After you successfully submit the post. The redirect page that appears has errors on it.

Here's the text that shows:
Your report has been entered successfully.

Click Here (url - http://www.atvsource.com/viewtopic.php?p=23#23) to go back to the original message.

You'll notice that the URL to the original message is wrong, it doesn't go back to the forum directory which should be atvsource.com/atvafaq/viewtopic.php?p=23#23.

2. Second problem: The actual reposted post has errors and code in the body of it. Here's the text that shows in the body:
Click <a href='http://www.atvsource.com/atva/viewtopic ... 3'>Here</a> to go to the reported post <br/>--------------------------------<br/><br/>Reported Test Body

You'll notice the link is not using the BBCode but instead HTML code to link to the post. Also there's extra "br /" tags and extra characters.

Is there a solution for these?
CG
baselineace

Post by baselineace »

Report is spelled incorrectly everywhere.

You've spelled it as repport, where it should be report.
GoleyC

Spelling Mistake

Post by GoleyC »

The addition to the Lanuage file has Moderator spelled wrong.

You have it has modderator it should be moderator
CG
baselineace

Post by baselineace »

Another problem:

This happens when I load up the index...
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in D:\BATW\phpBB2\includes\auth.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\BATW\phpBB2\includes\auth.php:58) in D:\BATW\phpBB2\includes\sessions.php on line 182

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\BATW\phpBB2\includes\auth.php:58) in D:\BATW\phpBB2\includes\sessions.php on line 183

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: auth() in D:\BATW\phpBB2\index.php on line 249
GoleyC

Popup Alert on Blue Card Click

Post by GoleyC »

We would like to have an onclick popup alert when someone wants to report a post using the blue card.

The code would look like this:

Code: Select all

onClick=\"return confirm('Are you sure you want to Alert the moderators about this post?')\"
We have tried to find in the card.php file the a href to the blue card, but cannot find it to insert the above code with the a href link.

The only a href links we can find out the onclick return links and the onclic write a post to a moderator link.

We even tried putting it on the viewtopic_body.tpl, but it affect all the icons on that row.

Were is the url link code being generated for the blue card?

Or if someone wants to just paste the code changes here, we'd wouldn't mind at all.
CG
Niels Chr. Denmark

Re: Popup Alert on Blue Card Click

GoleyC wrote: We would like to have an onclick popup alert when someone wants to report a post using the blue card.

I have now included this into the newest how-to (PART 2 ver 1.3.8)
and have also posted a upgrade instruction in the download thread
baselineace

Post by baselineace »

Niels-
How about helping with my problem!!!
Niels Chr. Denmark

baselineace wrote: Another problem:

This happens when I load up the index...

you have modifyed the auth.php wrong - try check this file, it is a syntax error, so you have maybe removed a ' " or ; try check the files, near the places where you have modifyed

about the report being miss spelled, I know, but since it would complicate the upgrade instructions for all those users already runing this, I have deside to not correct this, since it really doesen't matter, it is ofcouse correct all places where the text is showen for the users ! - how the code are actual spelled doesent matter your server don't care :) - but thanks for reporting this, it could have been that I dident know
Niels Chr. Denmark

Re: Reported Post Forum Problems

GoleyC wrote: Yellow Card MOD: Latest Version with all the updated code fixes.
phpBB v2.0.3

We've implemented the Report Forum so that user can send a message to the moderators and it will be posted in that particular forum.

There are two problems that we have encountered.

Is there a solution for these?

should be fixed in the lates version

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”