[FINAL] yellow card (+ card ban system)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
baselineace

Post by baselineace »

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\admin\admin_ug_auth.php on line 219

Code: Select all

//
				// Update users level, reset to USER
				//
				$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
					SET user_level = " . USER . "
					WHERE user_id = $user_id";
				if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update user level', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
				}
			}

$message = $lang['Auth_updated'] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_userauth'], '<a href="' . append_sid("admin_ug_auth.$phpEx?mode=$mode") . '">', '</a>') . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_admin_index'], '<a href="' . append_sid("index.$phpEx?pane=right") . '">', '</a>');
		}
		else
		{

$change_mod_list = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['moderator']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['moderator'] : false;

if ( empty($adv) )
			{
				$change_acl_list = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['private']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['private'] : false;
			}
			else
			{
				$change_acl_list = array();
				for($j = 0; $j < count($forum_auth_fields); $j++)
				{
					$auth_field = $forum_auth_fields[$j];

while( list($forum_id, $value) = @each($HTTP_POST_VARS['private_' . $auth_field]) )
					{
						$change_acl_list[$forum_id][$auth_field] = $value;
					}
				}
			}
Niels Chr. Denmark

Post by Niels Chr. Denmark »

can not spot any erre in the poste code, the problem could be before, witch line is number 219
baselineace

Post by baselineace »

Also please go into the support forum and view my two posts there.

The error is is one of the first few lines, regarding a "$" sign.
zomba

Post by zomba »

I have a slight problem with this mod.

For some reason only the blue card is visable to mods/admins - i've checked the viewtopic.php code and cannot see any mistakes, can you shed any light on this?
Niels Chr. Denmark

Post by Niels Chr. Denmark »

zomba wrote: I have a slight problem with this mod.

For some reason only the blue card is visable to mods/admins - i've checked the viewtopic.php code and cannot see any mistakes, can you shed any light on this?

no but I asume you are runing with lates how-to, PART 1 is currently 1.3.28
Earth should spin a litle slower, then there would be 28H/dayImage
Kwikms

Post by Kwikms »

MOD works for me, except that the variables in the EMail are empty. Like "You got warnings out of." What could be wrong here?

How about to add field for the Admin/Mods with a comment (a short explanation e.g.) which will be also emailed to the user? And/or a history where you can see all card-activities of an user (+ the comments :))?
Rebes

Something similar, But Different...

Post by Rebes »

On my forum, we have a thing called a "Waffle Card", but currently it's all done manually...

How it works is this... If a user receives a yellow waffle card, they get 10 posts taken off their post count. If a user receives 5 yellow waffle cards, they get a whopping 50 taken off their post count (Which is actually a red waffle card)... Each time the yellow count gets to 5, they get a red waffle card, and the yellow count is reset to 0... It's more or less in good fun, but also to try and keep people "On Topic"...

It would be great if this could be done automatically... For example, each "Post" could have a "Give Waffle Card" icon on it for admins, and if they click it, it would automatically increase that users Yellow Waffle Count. It would also be great if miniature waffle cards could be shown under the user's name... For example, if they've received 7 waffle cards, show one red card and 2 yellow cards. This would be a good indication of who on the board likes to "spam" with off topic posts.

To add to the configurability, the number of posts needed to reach each level could be configurable through admin, along with possibly a "red limit" that bans the user if they get beyond a certain number of red cards.

Anyone interested in working on something like this with me??

Rebes
KG666

Post by KG666 »

hey,

sorry but i dont find the code to put how much warnings a user has.

in the topicview (under de avatar or under the post counts)

something like : Warnings # :

thx in advanced

KG
Last edited by KG666 on Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

This has probably been asked before, but is their a way to automatically give a user a rank once they have been banned / warned?
Roberdin
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK »

I installed this mod a while back and it all appears ok but recently my cards have stopped reacting to clicks, if I click on one it doesnt do anything.

Any suggestions?
ShaunJUK

Email - info@ultimateforums.co.uk

nintendodude

where is the download link?

Post by nintendodude »

where is the download link?
nintendodude

problems with sql

Post by nintendodude »

I am having problems running the insert statements--when i try to run the db_update.php it tells me i dont' have the proper authority even though i am the admin and logged in as the admin.. please help.

Thanks in advance. what should i do?
Dreadlord

How about

Post by Dreadlord »

...that u place a link for dl, and a instructions how to isntall - as most ppl dunno how to install it by isnerting the code...
cifroes

Post by cifroes »

If this works in phpbb 2.0.4 please submit it to the DB because this looks like a very nice mod !
Roberdin

Re: problems with sql

Post by Roberdin »

nintendodude wrote: I am having problems running the insert statements--when i try to run the db_update.php it tells me i dont' have the proper authority even though i am the admin and logged in as the admin.. please help.

Thanks in advance. what should i do?

Maybe you need to include your sid from the URL of your last forum page if you had one?
Roberdin

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”