[BETA] Points MOD (2.1.2)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

Can I ask wha is happening to his MOD, the links aint working (thanx btw for the link to the MOD rossmcclymont)?
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
Robbie Shields

Post by Robbie Shields »

The links will work again shortly.
songdove

Post by songdove »

To answer a few other posts about what on earth points can be used for, . . . well. . . they can be used if a person has installed a store, they can be used for rabbitoshi, or one of the rpg mods, they can be used for a few of the gambling mods others have talked about in other threads, they can be a reward system, lots of ideas.

I read through this thread, and if I get it installed properly, I'm hoping the page browse point system can work with either the blankpage mod, or the custompage mod, so that I can let users earn points for visiting nonforum pages.
songdove

Post by songdove »

Oh boy, Robbie forgive me, I just sent you an email for a request when I could have put it here.

I was wondering if its possible to add a limit to the page browsing feature of the points mod, and if its possible to add a penalty feature, so that if someone tries to use an autorefresh script to earn points, they actually end up losing points instead?

Cashmod has this for posting on the forums, but your script is the one that works on nonforum pages.
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

I would actually recommend disabling it for borwsing, because I found out that if a user holds down F5 to refresh, they can get thousands of points in a few seconds - they don't even need a script...
songdove

Post by songdove »

Disabling it for browsing basically means removing it, as I need a system that will assign points for nonforum stuff, and his mod was the first one to come along that allows points to be earned for doing things away from the forum topics.

I want to be able to assign points for pages that I make using the blankpage mod or the custompage mod. If there is another points mod out there that makes use of user_points as set up for cashmod, adr and Robbie's mod, allows users to earn points doing nonforum stuff, and has an admin controllable limit on how many points can be earned on any given page, I'll take a serious look at it.

Unless someone else can show me how to extend cash mod to nonforum pages. I did set up four cash events but have no idea how to call them, and if it could tie in with cashmod's admin controllable posting limit, then I'd be really happy.
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Well maybe if the borwsing points were added in the footer, it would take longer to load that part of the code up and hence you wouldn't be able to hold down F5 to get loads of points...

And I'm sure there will be some way to limit it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to do that.
lms_X

Post by lms_X »

Mod with multiple failures, but a good mod indeed.

The not count points in specific forums does not work on any phpbb version, plz correct this.

Some DB problems when some one installs it.
songdove

Post by songdove »

rossmcclymont wrote: Well maybe if the borwsing points were added in the footer, it would take longer to load that part of the code up and hence you wouldn't be able to hold down F5 to get loads of points...

And I'm sure there will be some way to limit it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to do that.

I think I may have found what I want in a script at php-adr.com. I've asked over there if it can be modified for the purposes I've talked about here, AND with a catch on it to prevent abuse of the system, if possible. We'll see what they say.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

This is a nice mod, but I am having a problem.

Within the installation note, there is this error.

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

posting.php

#
#

profile.php

#
#
isnt there some codes here in the posting.php and profile.php???

Well I am getting this problem:

Parse error: parse error in c:\wampserver\www\forum\viewtopic.php on line 680
Any idea on how to fix this???

PS. For those that wanted this mod, I put a url link for you all to download since it is not here.

CLICK HERE
the_sim

Post by the_sim »

yexusbeliever wrote: This is a nice mod, but I am having a problem.

Within the installation note, there is this error.

#

posting.php

#
#

profile.php

#
#
isnt there some codes here in the posting.php and profile.php???

Well I am getting this problem:

Parse error: parse error in c:\wampserver\www\forum\viewtopic.php on line 680
Any idea on how to fix this???

PS. For those that wanted this mod, I put a url link for you all to download since it is not here.

CLICK HERE
Thanks for the link... works like a charm!
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Hi,

don't download from user's FTP, it's not prudent to do that.

This MOD can be downloaded, from phpbb-fr.com, where MOD's archive is proposed in two languages (English & french) :

http://forums.phpbb-fr.com/viewtopic_42453.html

Goodbye.
the_sim

Post by the_sim »

Robbie Shields, can you make a SQL so for those who like to enter it manually can do so?
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Hi,

here :

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD points_disabled TINYINT(1) NOT NULL AFTER prune_enable;

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_notify_donation TINYINT(1) NOT NULL AFTER user_notify_pm;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_points INT NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD admin_allow_points TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_reply', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_topic', '2');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_page', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_post', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_browse', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_donate', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_name', 'Points');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_user_group_auth_ids', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('points_system_version', '2.1.1');
Goodbye.
jvini

Post by jvini »

Does anyone know how I can upgrade 2.0.9 to 2.1.0? And then I can use the upgrade script to upgrade to 2.1.1?

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”