[BETA] Points MOD (2.1.2)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Fujimiya

help

Post by Fujimiya » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 pm

sorry, i dun understand this part

copy mod_install.php to mod_install.php
copy mod_uninstall.php to mod_uninstall.php
copy mod_upgrade.php to mod_upgrade.php

wad does it mean by copying a file to itself?

e-mo

Post by e-mo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi,

how about points deduction for certain forums or for posting in certain sections? so maybe each time a user replies to a certain section, you can set it up in the ACP like: -10 points, which then will deduct from that users whole points. if he got too less points, his/her reply wont be submited.

e-mo
...with great power...comes great responsibilities...

Looking help for this Mod Problem: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &start=165

Amnarii

Post by Amnarii » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:30 am

In line with the above post, I want to have users pay to post in certain forums; they will be advertising forums and my users will have to buy points which they can apply to posting.

How easy would it be to make the mod deduct X points per post in a given forum, and maybe even deduct Y points per edit or reply (as in bumps) in the same forum? As part of that, if the user doesn't have enough points to post/edit, they won't be allowed to do so...

For example, the forum is titled 'Advertising', and paid advertisers buy points at a set rate (say $0.10 per point). When they pay, the admins can add the right amount of points to their account. (If this could be automated, using SMS micropayments, it would be even better! - Enter in the code returned from making the micropayment and the points are automatically added... Another option would be to integrate with PayPal, CCBill, or other online payment solutions.)

Then, when the advertisers post in any other 'chat' forums, it is free and it doesn't matter how many points they have; but to post in the Advertising forum, it deducts 10 points per post or 1 point per edit/reply. If the advertiser has 9 or less points, they cannot post any new ads in the Advertising forum. If they have 0 points, they can't make any edits or replies in the Advertising forum.

Amnarii

Post by Amnarii » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 am

Okay, I found almost exactly what I am looking for... Zarath's Topic Cost mod.

I've just installed both this and that mod, and will be experimenting with them soon.

carefree

Re: [BETA] Points MOD (2.1.2)

Post by carefree » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:11 am

When i click the points.php link i get logged out and a information message says "You are not authorised to access this area."

I tried different browsers, deleted board cookies, refreshed templates, and selected "log me in automatically" but nothing works

have i missed something??

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”