[BETA] Quest MOD v2.3.1 (MMORPG MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Nuladion

[BETA] Quest MOD v2.3.1 (MMORPG MOD)

Post by Nuladion »

:: Quest MOD v2 ::

Description:Download (Current version: v2.3.1)Requirements
  • GD Library with GIF Read Support turned ON! (please read my notes on this in this post!)
  • Before installing this MOD, you must have succesfully installed Moogies Stats & Battle MOD or Advanced Dungeons & Rabbits!
    (if you're using Advanced Dungeons & Rabbits, make sure you install the ADR Port! -- See below for links to port instructions!)
Translations Ports Add-ons
  • None yet
Features
  • They say an image is worth a thousand words!
    So, here's an image that shows all what the QM v2 is capable of! (thanks alot to crt3k) :D
  • Compatible with both Moogies Stats & Battle MOD and Advanced Dungeons & Rabbits!
  • Everything can be created from the Admin Panel with only a few mouse clicks
  • Very easy-to-use sprite editor, to let users customize their own characters with clothes, hairstyles, etc.
  • Maps can be of any size
  • Tiles can be of any size
  • Keyboard support; Use your arrow keys to move, and the space bar to teleport (when you're on a teleport tile)
  • Mouseover; Hover your mouse over an other user to see his/her stats
  • Usage of language files, and can be easily translated!
Future Features
  • DBAL compliant
  • Chat system
  • Different sprites for each class
  • Go here for a list of some more features
Known Bugs
  • None reported yet
Demo Board ~ Nuladion
Last edited by Nuladion on Mon May 17, 2004 6:57 am, edited 13 times in total.
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

This is a damn cool mod! I always wondered if anyone can do this. :D

Great job!
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

absolutely amazing, I've been watching the progress on this at mods.best-biz.com and now that this is this far is amazing. Good work.
umiya

Post by umiya »

which rpg mod would u guys suggest in getting ??, i havnt really used eithe rof them but would like to incorporate these into my fourm
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Wow, excellent !
A question however, in the future features, you mention "quests" that can be done.
Does this mean there are no quests now ? That you can only wander accross the world and talk to people ?
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

umiya: I myself am using Moogies MOD, and that's the one my MODs are based on. But with the port it works perfectly with ADR too! So just pick the RPG MOD that suits you best, since they both work with the Quest MOD ;)
Q-Zar wrote: Wow, excellent !
A question however, in the future features, you mention "quests" that can be done.
Does this mean there are no quests now ? That you can only wander accross the world and talk to people ?

Right now, you can 'only' talk to NPCs. The conversations do not alter your stats or give/take any items.
I want a real quest system in which conversations can depend on your class, your health, your gold or the items you have. Like if you have a dagger you can threaten an NPC to give you an item, or if you have a letter of the King the castle guard NPCs will be much more friendly towards you, etc.
So in a nutshell: Right now the conversations are always the same, but they won't in the future. Then the conversation you'll get will depend on your stats and items ;)

~ Nuladion
Selven

Post by Selven »

8O 8O 8O 8O
*mute*
No-more supporting phpBB
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Thanks for the info Nuladion :)
In any case, I plan to install it (this week-end if I have some free time), even if it isn't completely finished yet. It just looks great ! :D
About adding a shop, if you could make that compatible with Zarath's shop (and/or other ones) like you did with Moogie's mod and ADR, it would be great for people who already installed those ;) (like me :P)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Q-Zar wrote: Thanks for the info Nuladion :)
In any case, I plan to install it (this week-end if I have some free time), even if it isn't completely finished yet. It just looks great ! :D

Thanks! Hope you have fun with it :) It really has alot of options, so go wild! ;)
Q-Zar wrote: About adding a shop, if you could make that compatible with Zarath's shop (and/or other ones) like you did with Moogie's mod and ADR, it would be great for people who already installed those ;) (like me :P)

Yeah, I'm using Zarath's mod too right now ;)). I think I'll write a converter script so you can convert your shops from Zarath's Shop MOD to Quest MOD Shops ;)
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

Nuladion thanks again for all the hard work i will be adding it to my up coming release soon :-) if thats ok with you. also will be adding to my forum asap

:wink:
"See in this world there's two kinds of people my friend:
those with loaded guns and those who dig"
Clint Eastwood
Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Cryo wrote: Nuladion thanks again for all the hard work i will be adding it to my up coming release soon :-) if thats ok with you. also will be adding to my forum asap

:wink:

It is OK with me if you add this MOD to your premodded board, aslong as you give me credit for it! ;)
Cryo

Post by Cryo »

Thanks Nuladion when a user installs the forum i have created a modlist with all mod authors that are inserted in the install file :-) you will be added this is a example on my site not updated lol dint have time but on the releases everything is updated and credited. http://s89073281.onlinehome.us/mod/mods.php

Thanks Again
Clint Eastwood
Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Cryo wrote: Thanks Nuladion when a user installs the forum i have created a modlist with all mod authors that are inserted in the install file :-) you will be added this is a example on my site not updated lol dint have time but on the releases everything is updated and credited. http://s89073281.onlinehome.us/mod/mods.php

Thanks Again

Ah, I see :)
Since your board has ADR, make sure you install the v2.1.0 ADR Port! A link to it is in the first post! ;)
Cryo

Post by Cryo »

Ok i will do :wink:
Clint Eastwood
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Nuladion, if you dont mind i have kindov a feature request/suggestion.

Is it possible to have the starting map id be based on which usergroup the user belong to? Basically, on my board (btw, I'm using adr) after a person creates a character, they can then join a usergroup based on their race (human, elf, etc). The link to go to the quest mod though appears only in a private forum that each usergroup has(done by using sub templates). So the point is really, depending on which race(or class with other RPG mod) the user will start on a different map. That way all people who are elves will start in one area, humans in another area, and so on, and must then actually take the time to explore other areas. If this is at all possible i think it would be a cool add -on.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”