[DISC] External Login System

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sourcew

[DISC] External Login System

Post by sourcew » Mon May 10, 2004 1:48 pm

Im working on an external login system so that you can use phpbb as a user managment system so you can use the same user db and it has a redirection to a different page besisdes the board to put it in short its an external login system that lets you use a form outside of the board to login and once logged in it will redirect you to the page of your choice.

km98

Post by km98 » Mon May 10, 2004 4:13 pm

Yes! IT is this that i have been waiting for!!

When do this be released?

sourcew

Not Sure

Post by sourcew » Mon May 10, 2004 10:13 pm

Im not exactly sure im working on it now and its gonna take me a little while but i will eventually get it down just right i might be realeasing a beta within 2-3 days but the alpha wont be out for anothe month or 2 the beta will contain just 3 features logon and log off and register oh and posiblly profile not sure if i will have time. Im aiming for may 13 for the beta and hopefully if i can fast enough may 30 for the alpha. If you have any questions post.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Mon May 10, 2004 11:22 pm

Nice to see everyone working on mods these days :P lol

i already made that mod for my own personal use....but i never did relese it...and im not gonna

anyways keep it up

if u need halp u can pm me

Rookie7

Re: Not Sure

Post by Rookie7 » Tue May 11, 2004 12:53 am

sourcew wrote: Im not exactly sure im working on it now and its gonna take me a little while but i will eventually get it down just right i might be realeasing a beta within 2-3 days but the alpha wont be out for anothe month or 2 the beta will contain just 3 features logon and log off and register oh and posiblly profile not sure if i will have time. Im aiming for may 13 for the beta and hopefully if i can fast enough may 30 for the alpha. If you have any questions post.

FYI: Alpha comes before Beta. :wink:

sourcew

Sorry

Post by sourcew » Tue May 11, 2004 12:51 pm

Sorry messed up the 2 i was typing quickly.

$variable

Post by $variable » Tue May 11, 2004 2:01 pm

You can probably just duplicate the login.php, rename it to something else ( ex. site_login.php ) and change the page it redirects you to. Not sure if this is what you need, but what I made out this should do just that. Make a new form and script it to send the input data to your new login page. As long as the page you're redirected to uses phpBB's session management it should work!

chaoticgod

Post by chaoticgod » Tue May 11, 2004 3:43 pm

it's actually even easier than that.

if you need help developing this mod let me know. I've implemented something similar where my users can log in from any page on my site, even outside of the phpBB root directory, and they are automatically redirected back to the page they were on. it also includes a link to their inbox, pop up notifies on new pm, and allows them to log out and be redirected to the page they were on.

sourcew

Problem

Post by sourcew » Tue May 11, 2004 10:03 pm

Yes the problem im having is with the session management if the user types in the correct pass it will let them through but even if they dont it will let them through but theyre just not logged on.

Sir AL

Post by Sir AL » Wed May 12, 2004 1:09 am

You trying to make something like this?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=85737
Remember to always backup when MODing.
Security MOD [BETA]

rambo88521

Post by rambo88521 » Wed May 12, 2004 5:07 pm

Hello,

I have already made something like this - but it's just a cobbled together file that could probably have been done a lot better. I just installed the Login Box MOD, and altered the 'lb_logged_in.tpl' file to add a link to my member's section. This way, they only see the link if they are logged in, and this small login box can be put into any existing PHP homepage.

Then I just took the first few lines of code from a user only restricted file, such as the members list, and altered them a bit. I then made all my members pages, and put the lines of code at the top, before the HTML doc is started, and put all the pages into a folder inside the phpBB root, which I called 'members'.

Here's the code I used to restrict access of members' only pages to users that are logged in (if they just type in the address, without being logged in, they will be redirected to the login page).

Code: Select all

<?php
define('IN_PHPBB', true); 
$phpbb_root_path = './../'; 
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc'); 
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx); 

// 
// Start session management 
// 
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_PROFILE); 
init_userprefs($userdata); 
// 
// End session management 
// 

if ( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] ) 
{ 
   redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=members/index.$phpEx", true)); 
}
?>
Then just change the second to last line (redirect...) to what you have called the page, so members/games.php would need to have 'redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=members/games.$phpEx", true));

I got it all to work... With a little help from Xore!

sourcew

To Sir Al

Post by sourcew » Wed May 12, 2004 6:45 pm

To sir al:

I would love to use that but i installed itand it doesnt work.

And to rambo: i shall try that but my current problem is it still redirects them to the page after they log in even if there not it wont echo the error.

tunedhonda.com

Post by tunedhonda.com » Wed May 12, 2004 11:18 pm

what I've always wanted to do is have a login box on the index page of my website and the user cannot view the rest of the website without logging into the forum, will this allow me to do that?

sourcew

Yes

Post by sourcew » Wed May 12, 2004 11:36 pm

Yes this is exactly what it will let you do it will have customizable pages to fit your site(profiles, login, regitration will all have your sites look.). If you have anyquestions email me at admin@sourcewebhosting.com or instant message me on aim at xskter9000.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Thu May 13, 2004 5:41 pm

yes but if your using a external login outside of phpbb root you cant use phpbb coding.....you need just plain old php as far as i no

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”