[BETA] Power Pack - for Moogie's RPG mod 0.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BugsALot

Post by BugsALot »

Does that mean you can't use the special promotions on someone how has promoted? And can you have several special promotions on one character?
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

You cannot have several promotions on one class, simply because the database hasn't been built for that. (you could use the item-separation code to put several promotions in one field though). Also, you can't promote to a special class when you are already promoted (special class compares to the baseclass and the class_type = 0, while promoted class_type = 1)
Goronlink

Post by Goronlink »

EDIT: If a moderator sees this post, please remove it as I double-posted by mistake.
Last edited by Goronlink on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goronlink

Post by Goronlink »

I figured it out. Now, however, I have another problem. According to the readme file in the powerpack, the recommended mods to have installed prior to applying the power pack are as follows:
## 'Recommended' Requirements:
## - Cash Mod, by Xore, version 2.2.1
## - RPG Stats & Battle Mod, by Moogie, DBAL version 0.07
## - Shop Mod, by Zarath, version 2.6.0
## - Auction Mod, by Moogie, DBAL version 0.0.5

So far I've installed the appropriate Cash MOD and Shop MOD. I found where the Auction MOD is included, but where can I find the RPG Stats and Battle MOD? Does that refer to Moogie's entire RPG system, or just the user stats/arena ticket portion? The main thing I'm worried about is if it is a separate MOD altogether, because I can't find anything in the original MOD about battling.

EDIT: Also, Moogie's original RPG MOD is supposed to be incompatible with those versions of Shop and Cash. How am I supposed to install the RPG stats and battle MOD as a pre-requisite when it isn't compatible with the other two pre-requisites? I'm confused, and I really hope someone can help me soon :| .
Goronlink

Post by Goronlink »

Alright, I'm stumped. Assuming I had a fresh-installed board, in what order do I need to install these MODs? Currently I have installed in the following order:

1. CashMOD 2.2.1
2. ShopMOD 2.0.6
3. Moogie's Usable Items MOD
4. Moogie's Auctions MOD v0.0.5 (Applied Fixes)

Since you have taken over the project of the entire Moogie RPG, I'll ask here how to start from the beginning. In what order do I need to install what MODs to get just the RPG working, with these versions of Cash and Shop?
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

In the Power Pack there's an instruction file, which says that you should install 1, 2 and 3 of you list, then moogies ORIGINAL pack, and then the Power Pack. You have the right versions.

Also, I'm somehow seen as the one 'managing moogie's rpg'. By all means, if you want to change something, do so. If you want to keep it central (e.g. in a power pack), then your submissions are welcome, but note that I don't have much time to update a lot.
Goronlink

Post by Goronlink »

Well, if I can successfully figure everything out and get things up and running, I would be willing to type up a user guide or something for it. I would love to help in its development, but I don't know anything about PHP.

Also, I can't find a fix in the power pack for the shop give feature. When I try to view my inventory from the give page, I get the following error:
No user_id selected to search!

Before I applied the fixes, I got the same error when I clicked the "Your Inventory" link on the auction page. Maybe I can find how to fix it in the auction fix, but perhaps its worth creating a fix for it for future versions of the power pack?
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

in shop_actions.php, this is what the give function should look like

Code: Select all

elseif ($_REQUEST['action'] == "give")
{
	if ($board_config['shop_give'] == "off") { message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, "The ability to give items has been disabled!"); }
	$shopaction = '<tr><td colspan="2" class="row1" align="center"><span class="gensmall">Please select an item and the person you would like to give it to.</span></td></tr>'; 
	$shopinforow = '<form name="post" method="post" action="shop_actions.php?action=confirmgive"><tr><td class="row2" width="50%"><span class="gensmall"><b>Your items:</b></span></td><td class="row1"><select name="itemname">'.$user_items.'</select></td></tr><tr><td class="row2"><span class="gensmall"><b>Give to:</b></span></td><td class="row1"><input type="text" class="post" name="username"> <input type="submit" name="usersubmit" value="Find Username" class="liteoption" onClick="window.open(\'./search.php?mode=searchuser\', \'_phpbbsearch\', \'HEIGHT=250,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400\');return false;" /></select></td></tr><tr><td class="row2" colspan="2" align="center"><input type="submit" value="Execute" class="liteoption"></td></tr></form>'; 

$shoplocation = ' -> <a href="shop.php?action=inventory&searchid='.$userdata['user_id'].'" class="nav">Inventory</a> -> <a href="shop_actions.php?action=give" class="nav">Give</a>'; 
	$title = 'Give Item'; 
	$page_title = 'Give Item'; 
	$shoptablerows = 2; 
}
And this part should be found after the if-else clause:

$personal = '<tr><td class="row1" width="50%"><span class="gensmall"><a href="'.append_sid("shop.$phpEx?action=inventory&searchid=".$userdata['user_id']).'" class="navsmall">Your Inventory</a></span></td><td class="row1" align="right" width="50%"><span class="gensmall">'.$userdata['user_points'].' '.$prow['cash_name'].'</span></td></tr>'; 
I don't know if you have installed some update for shop 1.2.0, in which username was used to search instead of user_id.
foreva
I've Been Banned!

Post by foreva »

Where can i see example of biggest working forum with all RPG stuff installed ?
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

No idea. You could try BBaCE, which is a pre-modded forum. It's basically the only one I try to keep up to date, as I know the creator. It has moogies and (probably outdated) adr.
Goronlink

Post by Goronlink »

nomercy wrote: I don't know if you have installed some update for shop 1.2.0, in which username was used to search instead of user_id.
You said the power pack makes the RPG MOD compatible with the latest version of Shop, so that is what I installed.
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

Then you must have skipped a fix. It's really in there:

shopfixes004.txt:

#
# - [ NOTE ] ----
#
Fix: Inventory on trade with person link didn't work

#
# - [ FIND ] ----
#
$shoplocation = ' -> <a href="shop.php?action=inventory&searchname='.$userdata['username'].'" class="nav">Inventory</a> -> <a href="shop_actions.php?action=trade" class="nav">Trade</a>';

#
# - [ REPLACE WITH ] ----
#
$shoplocation = ' -> <a href="shop.php?action=inventory&searchid='.$userdata['user_id'].'" class="nav">Inventory</a> -> <a href="shop_actions.php?action=trade" class="nav">Trade</a>'; 
lilmetal

Post by lilmetal »

hey im noob. can somebody help me install this?
Totakeke

Post by Totakeke »

Hi! I just got the RPG mod working on my server. It never worked, but with the (fantastic!) Power Pack, my forum isn't broken anymore.

But I have a problem. In the admin menu, when I try editing a class, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method sql_db::fetchrowset() in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/admin/admin_rpg_stats.php on line 223

Also, when I click on the "Battle Arena" image in HQ, I get this message:
Warning: main(../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/Arena Ticket.php on line 37

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/Arena Ticket.php on line 37

Warning: main(../common.) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/Arena Ticket.php on line 38

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/Arena Ticket.php on line 38

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_pagestart() in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/Arena Ticket.php on line 45

[edit] It seems almost all the things I can choose in HQ don't work. For example, the Cauldron page doesn't load, and I get this message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method sql_db::sql_numrowsrows() in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/headquarters.php on line 409

Clicking on "Class Training" gives me this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method sql_db::sql_numrowsrows() in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forums/headquarters.php on line 267

Sorry for such a long post.. :(
I appreciate all help!
-Totakeke
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

The 'Fantastic' Power Pack also has 'Fantastic' fixlists for most of your problems. For example,

sql_numrowsrows = sql_numrows

Furthermore, ../extension.inc looks a lot like a path. ../ stands for the folder above the dir where the Arena Ticket.php was executed, so it's looking for a file outside your root. So changing ../ into ./ should fix your problems.

Oh, and did you know that there's also a Power Pack Pre-edited files edition... :)

(Btw, php5 isn't actually supported by phpBB)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”