[BETA] Power Pack - for Moogie's RPG mod 0.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
brighteyes

Post by brighteyes » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:42 am

Epostile wrote: I used to have this mod on my old forum, and I've written one or two modifications for it (Moogies RPG Mod) so I may be able to help you out slightly.. although you probably wont like what I'ld suggest....

Firstly, I'ld like to say that Moogies mod was excellent for its time.. It was the first RPG mod for phpBB and it really does deserve a place in the history books. However.. There were many if not hundreds of problems with Moogies MOD as the development of phpBB went on. Zarath released Shop MOD 2.5.0, Moogie ceased all development of the MOD and it finally came to the point that it was way to much work to get it installed on a fresh system without errors cropping up every 5 mins. I'm pretty much a experianced Modder and even I have trouble with it.... I strongly recommend that you uninstall moogies mod and all 'requirements' of her MOD and install Seteo-Blokes ADR mod. It vastly overpowers Moogies MOD now and has superiour facilities. It also has all features plugged into it.

Its difficult work for someone who's had a few years experiance... If you've only just started.. go for ADR's MOD.. If you like workign things out.. by all means carry on with it, but i'm sure nomercy himself would agree that there is too little support for moogies Mod now to make it a viable option.

Sorry, but I did say you wouldnt like it :/

Tez

I agree with ya there...to a point, but there are some die hard Moogie mod fans still out and bout, just hard to tell cuz they're scattered all over and with little or no place offering support, it does make it hard...sometimes I feel like our site is the last outpost for moogie lol
BBaCEHost.com
Free Web Hosting that's Banner and ad free and more!

killyouall

Post by killyouall » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:36 pm

how do i go about getting the Zarath shop mod and the other stuff
all the zarath stuff was taken off ccan someone send me the files or tell me how to get them

nomercy

Post by nomercy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:03 am

It should be possible to get zaraths mod from the phpbb-rpg.com mod database. Good luck!

End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm

A link to all of Zarath's MODs
http://phpbb.insyderonline.com/dload.ph ... y&cat_id=4

As for using both Zarath's and Moogies, definitly use NoMercy's PP. Much easier to assemble then having to get ZSM1.20 and installing the addons to make it look like 2.6.0

sciguy

Ughh!

Post by sciguy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:31 pm

I can't get this mod to work for the life of me...
All the parts of the code that it tells me to look for I can't find, or they are similar but not the same
UltimateComputers.net
^A website and forum for computer building enthusiasts and newbs!^

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:45 pm

The best way to get this modification going is to install Moogies original DBAL Stats and Areana mod, then overwrite those files with NoMercy's Power Pack Premodified files, and then doing NoMercys Power Pack installation.

Did it last night and it works just fine at my site.

nomercy

Post by nomercy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:01 pm

Nice to see that people can install it in one night. See, it is possible. :D

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Installing Moogies and your PowerPack took no longer than 20 minutes tops, it was having to go back and edit all the files and find every submit input and adding in the classes post and liteoption. My desktop theme makes all text and submit inputs completely black unless the input field has a class. Thats what kept me up all night.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:51 pm

Hi there,

I have looked at the ADR mod and have been interested by the MOOGIES RPG mod as well.
I was wondering, could you display me a screenshot or a demo board of what the MOOGIES RPG mod looks like.

Could you also please tell me what i will need in order to instal this mod.
I have seen other add ons for this RPG MOD and have gone confused.
Could you please either name the files i would need or link them.

Thankyou.

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:09 pm

End of a Shadow wrote: The best way to get this modification going is to install Moogies original DBAL Stats and Areana mod, then overwrite those files with NoMercy's Power Pack Premodified files, and then doing NoMercys Power Pack installation.

Did it last night and it works just fine at my site.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:52 am

Do you have a test account i could use?

--

This Power Pack mod is a MOD for the MOOGIE RPG, right?
So in essenence, would i need to instal the MOOGIE RPG, then instal this mod?

So would that mean i would have to instal the, "Moogie's Original RPG Mod, DBAL" and then the "Power Pack"?
Would i need other mods?

AND! What other mods are available to instal on the MOOGIE RPG?

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:07 am

jaytest wrote: Do you have a test account i could use?

--

This Power Pack mod is a MOD for the MOOGIE RPG, right?
So in essenence, would i need to instal the MOOGIE RPG, then instal this mod?

So would that mean i would have to instal the, "Moogie's Original RPG Mod, DBAL" and then the "Power Pack"?
Would i need other mods?

AND! What other mods are available to instal on the MOOGIE RPG?

You could make an account or you could goto the login page and notice the little paragraph explaining how to use the English and French test accounts :P Anyways yes thats exactly how you would (or at least how I) went about installing it to having it work effectively. Aside that available modifications are limited now since Moogies is out of date and the author herself has left the world of phpBB supporting and lack of users sticking with this moving onto RPG+ and ADR. There are some Moogies RPG addons still available, but very limited, abondoned, dead links, etc. I have a bunch on my PC, I'll get around to uploading them when I have time, and I'll be out for a few days because of ThanksGiving.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:55 am

I went to your website, it seems to be a MODIFIED ADR RPG MOD?

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:56 am

jaytest wrote: I went to your website, it seems to be a MODIFIED ADR RPG MOD?

Huh? I have Moogies listed under Headquarters as it should be. ADR is also installed there and it is modified but thats not the subject of this thread :wink: Anyways the links for Moogies you'll need to be using is Headquarters and Shop. Shop is Zarath's shop which is what Moogies relies on, and you'll be needing an Arena Ticket to fight in battles. I don't know if the test accounts have one because people log on and play with it all the time they sometimes sell the ticket for money :roll:

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:11 am

Hmm.. I like your modified version of ADR. Moogies RPG doesn't seem to look that nice at all?

A little off topic definately, but could you tell me where you got the "EFFECTS STORE"?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”