[BETA] Power Pack - for Moogie's RPG mod 0.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:27 am

jaytest wrote: Hmm.. I like your modified version of ADR. Moogies RPG doesn't seem to look that nice at all?

A little off topic definately, but could you tell me where you got the "EFFECTS STORE"?

As I said Moogies is outdated, it actually looked alot worse before I clean up the display a little.

The Effects Store comes included with Zarath's Shop MOD.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:37 am

It's a shame, are the only good available RPG MODS:

ADR,
RPG+,
And Moogie?
Are there anymore?

I personally don't really like the functionality of ADR.
Moogie looks awkwardly plain..
But i haven't been able to see a WORKING RPG+ demo board.

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:40 am

jaytest wrote: It's a shame, are the only good available RPG MODS:

ADR,
RPG+,
And Moogie?
Are there anymore?

Currently, those are the best available completely systems out there meaning has everything you'll need. There are some other RPG mods which just add new fields to your profile and thats it. Not battles or items, etc. wEric has his Store MOD available here and on his site though he discontinued it. Then there's Zarath's RPG System which costs money for each part which is outdated.
jaytest wrote: But i haven't been able to see a WORKING RPG+ demo board.

I'm adding it to my site as we speak.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:42 am

Ah icicic.
Lovely indeed, i would love to take a look ASAP :)
I want to decide which MOD i want to include int my forum.
I'd also like to thankyou for your very fast and friendly replies :)

--

Do you suggest any RPG mod in particular?

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:13 am

jaytest wrote: Lovely indeed, i would love to take a look ASAP :)

Its added now
jaytest wrote: Do you suggest any RPG mod in particular?

Personally, I'm a supporter of ADR which introduces all the features of Moogies and RPG+ and still updated and growing. Though I suggest waiting for ADR 1.0.0 to be released. My modified version somewhat has all the features that 1.0.0 will have.

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:42 am

Do you have an idea when ADR V1.0.0 will be released?
And why do you suggest the wait?

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:57 am

No I don't, if I had to pick an educated guess I would say end of Winter early Spring beginning of next year. And my reason for suggestion is because Moogie the actual developer of Moogies Arena and Battle RPG System announced her discontinuation of her modification and supporters since then have dramatically fallen. There are several problems with Moogies MOD today even with nomercy's powerpack such as Editing/Adding classes (I did mine through the database directly). RPG+ by Darkmonkey has also began a drop of supporters and the author himself has been in lack of participation even at phpBB-RPG where he supports his modification. There are more supporters of RPG+ than Moogies I'll say that but nontheless you hardly see many message boards with Moogie's or RPG+, I know of probably 1 good site that uses RPG+ but there's currently troubles with their hosting company (pirate vs ninja .com). As for ADR, there are various modifications available, easily customizable as you seen with my site, and still being developed into more stable versions and I like it better since the databases are easier to manage unlike the other mods which add on the users table which causes conflicts if you have rows with the same name (RPG+'s user_gender and Neil's Gender MOD's user_gender).

Anyways this is going off topic of supporting Moogies MOD and into a "whats the best RPG platform". I hope you and everyone else takes into account my personal experience with the three modifications, if any of you wish to see what these 3 look like I have them all installed and active at my site. I'm currently getting a RPG team to fill the database with goodies for you guys to test out ie more weapons monsters so you get a feel of what these can do. But note that the "test accounts" I have set up are very limited as to what you can do with them such as making a post to test a post or updating your profiles. If you want to have complete access you're going to have to make an account. I'll be looking into more RPG systems as I can and demo them out there as well.

Later!

jaytest

Post by jaytest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:15 am

Thanks for that EOAS. Sorry about the offtopic chat. :lol:

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 am

nomercy: Please clarify this for me... does this MOD require Moogie's original MOD? From the looks of it, no, but just to be sure...
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:48 pm

MennoniteHobbit wrote: nomercy: Please clarify this for me... does this MOD require Moogie's original MOD? From the looks of it, no, but just to be sure...

Yes it does, nomercy's powerpack just updates the outdated files, you are still required to install Moogies DBAL mod as in the SQL and the edits to the phpBB core files.

CTWrayfan

Post by CTWrayfan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Do you have any documents that tells how to edit your forum files if it has Categories Hierarchy 2.1.4. its made by Ptirhiik.

I have that mod plus Cash mod and I would like to be able to use the Fix Pack for Moogie's DBAL. Since the CH mod changed alot of phpBB forum coding. :?

End of a Shadow

Post by End of a Shadow » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:58 pm

CTWrayfan wrote: Do you have any documents that tells how to edit your forum files if it has Categories Hierarchy 2.1.4. its made by Ptirhiik.

I have that mod plus Cash mod and I would like to be able to use the Fix Pack for Moogie's DBAL. Since the CH mod changed alot of phpBB forum coding. :?

There shouldn't be any conflicts or problems running this modification with Categories Hierarchy. I can't see why since nothing dependant from either is altered. Moogies Stat and Battle mod for the most part runs on its own files, the alterations to viewtopic and viewprofile aren't necessary and can be skipped if you wanted.

As for CashMOD, Moogies relies on any point system. You can use CashMOD but when creating a currency, ensure one has a column called "user_points".

MewDragon

Post by MewDragon » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:13 pm

Just outta curiosity guys. Is there any way to edit into the profile a field for changing your class? Anyone know how to do that? Many thanks for the help.

lambchopchoppy

Post by lambchopchoppy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:53 am

Hmm, when I go to the ACP to edit the Cauldron combos, the drop down menu for each item is either Nothing or Arena ticket. Then I decided to make an Arena Ticket-Arena Ticket combination to test it. When I tried to delete it, it says: "Cauldron Item Combo Deleted!" However, when I go back, the item combo is still there...did I forget one of the fixes for this or something?

PoisonedV

Post by PoisonedV » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:43 pm

How can I get this RPG to work with the new mod? Will I be able to, since moogie isnt working on it anymore?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”