[ABD] Bot Indexing MOD v1.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
EverettB

Post by EverettB » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:24 pm

TPFKAS wrote:
EverettB wrote:They are probably fake. I wouldn't add them unless you check the IP address first and make sure it is Google.

So how do I check those IP addresses?
I found several places on the web that list IP's fopr Googlebot, but they don't seem to agree and are not always up-to-date.

You can click on the IP address in the admin panel for this MOD to do an IP lookup before you click Add.

Or I use
http://www.arin.net/whois/

TPFKAS

Post by TPFKAS » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:41 am

2ct7 wrote: TPFKAS - did you do a reverse IP look up? You can search google for one. The ip flooding my forum is registered to google.

OK, thanks. I just did and I found that some of them are Google and some of them are not. So how does this mod suspect that the visitor is a bot and put it in the list?
And since I have added a lot of IP addresses that probably are no bots, how do I remove them?

JJ19

Post by JJ19 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:56 am

I got this error after installing this mod.

Code: Select all

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'session_admin) VALUES ('2a1caf99623b17886ef171dc91477d26', 

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, is_robot session_admin) VALUES ('2a1caf99623b17886ef171dc91477d26', 2, 1131083698, 1131083698, 'aad72d90', 0, 1, '0' 0)

Line : 172
File : sessions.php 
If you could help me fix it, I would be greatly appreciative.

EverettB

Post by EverettB » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:29 pm

TPFKAS wrote:
2ct7 wrote:TPFKAS - did you do a reverse IP look up? You can search google for one. The ip flooding my forum is registered to google.

OK, thanks. I just did and I found that some of them are Google and some of them are not. So how does this mod suspect that the visitor is a bot and put it in the list?
And since I have added a lot of IP addresses that probably are no bots, how do I remove them?

The MOD adds it to the pending list if the Agent matches. It doesn't get added unless you click Add.

Click Edit next to the Googlebot entry in the Admin screen to edit the IPs.
Last edited by EverettB on Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EverettB

Post by EverettB » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:36 pm

JJ19 wrote: I got this error after installing this mod.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'session_admin) VALUES ('2a1caf99623b17886ef171dc91477d26', 

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, is_robot session_admin) VALUES ('2a1caf99623b17886ef171dc91477d26', 2, 1131083698, 1131083698, 'aad72d90', 0, 1, '0' 0)

Line : 172
File : sessions.php 
If you could help me fix it, I would be greatly appreciative.

See where it says

1, '0' 0)
There should be a comma between the '0' and the 0).

You made a typo when you installed the MOD.

Open sessions.php and find the INSERT line.

It should look something like this to be correct:

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . SESSIONS_TABLE . "
			(session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, is_robot, session_admin)
			VALUES ('$session_id', $user_id, $current_time, $current_time, '$user_ip', $page_id, $login, '$robot', $admin)";
You forgot the comma between '$robot' and $admin

JJ19

Post by JJ19 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks for the help

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:54 pm

baerenwurm wrote: A few IPs of Inktomi aren't recognized such as 68.142.249.180 although I have specified "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)" etc. in "Agent match".

Any suggestions?

[e] Is it possible to combine the Guest Sessions MOD, i.e. a general removal of SID, with this one?

EverettB

Post by EverettB » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:52 am

Try simplifying the agent name.

You could install the Guest Sessions MOD too, if you wanted. I would say this MOD is an advanced version of that when it comes to Bots.

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 am

EverettB wrote: Try simplifying the agent name.

Fast|Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT)|Mozilla/4.05 [en]|Mozilla/5.0 (Slurp|Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo|YahooFeedSeeker|YahooSeeker|slurp|Yahoo
doesn't work.
You could install the Guest Sessions MOD too, if you wanted. I would say this MOD is an advanced version of that when it comes to Bots.

Is there any need for some modifications (due to possible incompatibilities)?

Kemars

issues with bot mod 1.2 and phpbb2.de plus version 2.0.18

Post by Kemars » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:38 pm

I wanted to know ifyou could help me figure what is wrong here.

I am using phpbb2 + version ( www.phpbb2.de ) for an association i help out with here in finland. I am using your bot mod as it kicks butt for sure and helps in figuring out who is online (and how many times as well).

but as of v 2.0.18, there is a bug (and perhaps a bug that has been going on since I started using this mod back in 2.0.14 in that in the section in the functions.php file...

includes/functions.php 

#-----[ FIND  ]------------------------------------------------------
	$theme = setup_style($board_config['default_style']);

#-----[ REPLACE WITH  ]----------------------------------------------
	if (IS_ROBOT)
	{
		$sql = "SELECT bot_style FROM " . $table_prefix . "bots WHERE bot_name='" . IS_ROBOT . "'";
		$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
		$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
		$theme = setup_style($row['bot_style']);	
	} else {
		$theme = setup_style($board_config['default_style']); 
	}
after i replace this part of the code, then i disable the board, then i get the error message
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

now as soon i remove that new code and put back the original code, then the disable board feature works as normal. all the rest of the code changes that are required for this mod are working as normal and I have triple checked my lines to make sure nothing is left out (copy / pasted)

Can you or then anyone help me out?
I know i am sur i will get the standard (this is a modded version of phpbb and will not support it, but however, ifyou read the info on the file code i attached, its phpbb code and nothing that I can find that phpbb2 has added to this code.. so I would like to have someone help me out here please.. ;) I dont have a lot of money, but can donate something to someone if they can get this mod updated to work with phpbb2 plus version..

below is the functions.php file from phpbb2 + 1.52 version (found at www.phpbb2.de) using phpbb2 plus 1.52

see the functions.php code for further info.

-- edited: sorry about posting the whole code there. my bad.. I have now removed it and reference the readers to look at the functions.php file in /INCLUDES/ folder
Last edited by Kemars on Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
http://www.iesaf.fi / http://www.kemars.com

Krisiun

Post by Krisiun » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:37 pm

This MOD was abandoned by author and the topic not's ok with the "MOD Beta Development Forum Rules".

dmg81

Post by dmg81 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 pm

This MOD was abandoned by author and the topic not's ok with the "MOD Beta Development Forum Rules".

Hi K, not sure I understand what your post means. As I said, I'm not sure how to interpret it. It seems like it's saying don't ask any questions about this mod... is this the case? That doesn't make complete sense, imho of course, because the thread and download are still here, so naturally people are going to try to use it and have questions. As i said, don't know how to take your post.

Interested in hearing more about this.
Many thanks, dmg.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Krisiun wrote: This MOD was abandoned by author and the topic not's ok with the "MOD Beta Development Forum Rules".

Actually, yes, the topic is complying with these forum rules. Though, it does seem like the original MOD author abandoned this for not posting here recently. I won't lock this just yet, though.

And Kemars, don't post whole code segments like that... use something like pastebin.com ...
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

dmg81

Post by dmg81 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:02 am

this mod works so beautifully, I tip my hat to the author....
it took my one forum to #5 in G for a fairly low competition keyword, but, nonetheless, prior to this mod, I couldn't find myself in G. I think his name is Adam Marcus. Adam, you are one smart cookie!
Many thanks, dmg

Krisiun

Post by Krisiun » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:19 am

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
Krisiun wrote:This MOD was abandoned by author and the topic not's ok with the "MOD Beta Development Forum Rules".

Actually, yes, the topic is complying with these forum rules. Though, it does seem like the original MOD author abandoned this for not posting here recently. I won't lock this just yet, though.
Well, look the last visit of the author in this topic and in the forum... 8O

And the rule 3.f.5.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”