[DISC] PJIRC Chat MOD v3.0.2 (screenshots & add-ons)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
loudigital

Post by loudigital »

Hi All

I am at the moment trying my best to install this mod, I have uploaded all filles to my server/phpbb_root folder, I access the install.php over the www with my browser ie:

http://www.mysite.com/forum/install.php "forum" being my phpbb root folder.

The browser accesses the file, up pops phpbb forum login page, I enter my admin details and password.

All i get is a blank page with "No input file specified."

I would be greatfull for any help from you guys

Regards

Lou
mosc

Post by mosc »

WRT my earlier message about the "Undefined strings", I uploaded the latest Mozilla, version 1.8a and this problem has disappeared.
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

mosc > it should work anyway actually, but there is a (known, I think) problem with (older) Mozillas wanting the language files paths fully instead of partially (relative links <-> java problem).

loudigital > Delete the install file and run the query manually in i.e. phpMyAdmin (assuming that you use MySQL), and you should be home safe. :)

zee_zack > Seems your chosen IRC network has stricter rules than most? Anyway, DCC etc. can be turned off, althou I'm no expert in those settings I must admit. You may be able to find help on the pjirc forum (www.pjirc.com).
I had a look and something seems quite bad with your chat - it keeps on sending the nick over and over again, and not putting numbers behind the name to fix problems. No idea whatsoever how or why, sorry. Does it do the same if you change network to i.e. irc.blitzed.org or irc.freenode.net?

SethDeBlade > I have one for danish if you need it (althou not too well updated atm) ;) or write your own and post/send it, I'm sure Midnightz will appreciate any and all extra translations for the mod. If you mean in PJIRC, you can find them all at www.pjirc.com under downloads section somewhere. :)
mosc

Post by mosc »

Thanks Alleycat.

I downloaded the latest Java - 1.5 was released today, but it made no improvement in itself.

I removed the audio player. Does that take away the ping feature too?
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

First of all, cool mod! I had some users that were getting their machines crashed by the php chatbox, so this will be perfect :D

A few problems, though, that I'm not sure anyone could help me with. I'm an IRC idiot, and know next to nothing about how to do stuff on it. I registered my nick, registered my channel, installed the userllist addon (replacing the parts that needed it w/ my new channel and password.) The problems are as follows:

1. Now I can't connect once I have the chat window open. It keps telling me that the session limit for my host has been exceeded.

2. I can't register a userlist at blitzed. They keep saying either I'm trying to authenticate too fast, or that it's a bad founder password (and I know I'm using the correct one.)

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT] solved...not sure how, but solved!
Last edited by justbishop on Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edshida

Post by Edshida »

just installed the mod with easymod, installing > no problems
now when i click on the chat button i got a error
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
Last edited by Edshida on Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

Included in this mod, you will find three areas you need to modify in your template's directory. "admin", "images" and the "chat_body.tpl". It appears that you forgot to transfer the "chat_body.tpl" into your root/templates/subSilver (or chosen style's) directory.
Edshida

Post by Edshida »

thnx tahoebuff

your right
mosc

Post by mosc »

Is there any way to program the bot or something so that it is possible to send a wake-up sound to everyone who is on the channel. Our chat room not used much, and I'd like to have some way of having people get my attention when they want to chat. I referred to this a ping in an earlier message, but nobody has responded.

Any ideas about this?
php_user

Post by php_user »

Hello. And thanks or a very nice chat. I wondering how can i see
chatters online top of index page, overall_header.tpl This string {MYUSERLIST} is on bottom of index_body.tpl but when i copy this
string to overall_header.tpl there is no info. Its seem to {MYUSERLIST}
only works with index_body.tpl template.

Regards
Mathias
Göteborg
Midnightz

Post by Midnightz »

mosc wrote:
Is there any way to program the bot or something so that it is possible to send a wake-up sound to everyone who is on the channel. I referred to this a ping in an earlier message, but nobody has responded.

No, it is text-based BOT only. I am still waiting on another coder for an "Events BOT" to handle commands. If you actually host an IRCd, you could run a such a BOT in that manner but I have no info to offer on this - it's irrelevant to the MOD itself. Try googling "eggdrop" "mIRC BOT" etc.

The PING feature has nothing to do with the BOT or audio player, it is an IRC command btw. If the BOT is not responding as it should, it may be because you are using colored text, as another MOD user pointed out... it only works if using "black." This is a newly discovered bug - one that I can not fix. (Which is exactly why this feature is getting removed from the base package and offered only as an ADD-ON for non-colored IRC channels in the next MOD version.)

php_user wrote:
I wondering how can i see chatters online top of index page, overall_header.tpl This string {MYUSERLIST} is on bottom of index_body.tpl but when i copy this string to overall_header.tpl there is no info. Its seem to {MYUSERLIST} only works with index_body.tpl template.

That's right, it's rather deliberate to avoid crashing poor Blitzed.org's servers. Placing that code in the overall_header means it will execute far too often and flood Blitzed - DO NOT DO THAT or they will remove the service which will make all of us, very unhappy - yes? :wink:
DzsoeBá

Post by DzsoeBá »

Hello!

First of all I would like to join the endless line of people thanking you for this awesome mod - it's truly a great help for me and my users, and a very useful addition to my forum.

I've got just one question, which is about the ChatStats addon.
It installs without any problems, and would probably work just as good, but my host doesn't allow the CHMOD command, nor does it allow uploading of .htaccess named files.

My question is - under such circumstances, would it be possible to display some other way the number of chatters online, or even their nicknames on the forum main page or is that totally impossible with the kind of host I got?
Froze

Post by Froze »

If I try to install that chat stats add on I get errors when using easymod
IN-LINE AFTERADDFAILED: Malformed script. An IN-LINE FIND was not previously performed.
I tried to do it manually but when i load index.php all i get is the admin panel link. Do the entries in the template files go before the </span> </td>
Thanks
Midnightz

Post by Midnightz »

DzsoeBá: Thank you, I appreciate that. :wink: Did you try installing it without CHMOD'ing? If not, try it and see what happens. It's for caching so as to not send poor Blitzed.org's servers into oblivion. (previous release of that code was without caching and it had ugly results - crashing both Blitzed.org AND the user's phpBB system simultaneously) I would try asking your hoster, explain it caches minimal data and see if they could do it for you? If none of this works, I don't know what to tell ya except, I am hoping to offer alternatives to that script in the future.

Froze: Of course it gave you an error - it is NOT EasyMOD compatible... only two installation files are EasyMOD compatible and those have the .em.txt at the end of the filename - also clearly marked "EasyMOD" version.
Mark0100

Probs with Portal.php

Post by Mark0100 »

Hi Midnightz,

I had installed your mod. It works very well. Thanx.

But now I wanted to install the Addon for the ezPortal Mod. But I have a Problem.

In my portal.php there is no

Code: Select all

'L_STATISTICS' => $lang['Statistics'],
So where is the right place to insert

Code: Select all

// PJIRC MOD w/Channel Userlist & Count Integrations
	'MYUSERLIST' => $myuserlist, $nickname, $listfile, $count, $users,

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”