[DISC] PJIRC Chat MOD v3.0.2 (screenshots & add-ons)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
David Slam

Post by David Slam »

It certainly sounds easy. I'll try it. Thanks!
Youpla

Post by Youpla »

The mod doesn't install correctly with easyMod. First you get an error because of a file name containing spaces, then even if you change the name the installation won't work (while it says everything worked fine).

So I made a manual installation and it worked. Thx tahoebuff !

Now I'd like to make it work with the subBlack skin. Some additional templates are given with the archive but none is subBlack. So I tryied to rename one of these to subBlack but it didn't work. Any tips ?
php_user

Post by php_user »

Is there comming any upgrades of phpmychat?

/Mathias
gonzalo

Post by gonzalo »

Hi to everyone,

Is it possible to change the color and buttons of the applet? If so, how can I do it. I would like to match my site colors, buttons and bars...

Thanks in advance!
Gonzalo
Houdini

Time Out

Post by Houdini »

For some reason after a given amount of time the chat times out and I have to log in again. Is there any way that I can get past this.
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

metoo > np :)

Youpla > glad you got it working, just listen to tahoebuff - he knows what he's talking about. Thx for running support, tahoebuff!

Nokrosis > sorry no idea - I've seen a 'radio mod' around (on my own danish forum anyway, but I think it's from here) from which you could take the code and replace with the current player code in the tpl file. That should work.

dirtdart > thats why you should do all modding by hand instead. ;)

guysoft > also sorry - I wouldn't know how to with 2-byte charsets, and I think it's a problem using hebrew in pjirc - so I'm told anyway. Did you ask on the hebrew phpBB support site, or on www.pjirc.com ? They may be able to help you, I guess & hope.

FinalFantasy > you don't *need* it, but ofcourse it'll be best that way.

php_user > huh? I think phpmychat is another mod?

gonzalo > Yes, it certainly is. Goto (your forum root)\chat_room\templates\subSilver.php and edit that (or a copy of it) - I think you can see what colors are which in there. :)

Houdini > not sure, sorry - I have several users reporting the same, after 1 whole hour of inactivity. My personal opinion is that anyone using IRC that much should use a dedicated client (like mIRC, HydraIRC, irssi etc.) instead. :D

Midnightz' hand isn't quite well yet, but improving - we'll just have to be patient about the upgrade, if she uses it too much she risks having to go thru an operation - that would only delay it even more, so please - patience. It's a pretty perfect mod as is, so no need to rush anything, right? ;)

And for all you worrying about modding by hand, stop worrying and just DO it - you know, an expert is a person who made all the errors and learned from them. :mrgreen:
Image Dansk phpBB support (uofficielt)
Find unofficial support in your language here.
Help translate Mozilla extensions @ Babelzilla - Your Language Counts Too!
tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

Your welcome Alleycat!

I have a live stream radio mod on my test forum. It's linked at the top and can be minimized while surfing the net. Click here to try it out. The instructions were poorly written when I received it. I'm going to make it more understandable (it's very easy by the way), zip it and provide a link for others to download it from if requested.

(This mod works well with Internet Explorer and poorly with other browsers)

Tahoebuff
Bones_3DFC

Post by Bones_3DFC »

tahoebuff wrote: Your welcome Alleycat!

I have a live stream radio mod on my test forum. It's linked at the top and can be minimized while surfing the net. Click here to try it out. The instructions were poorly written when I received it. I'm going to make it more understandable (it's very easy by the way), zip it and provide a link for others to download it from if requested.

(This mod works well with Internet Explorer and poorly with other browsers)

Tahoebuff

That is awesome!
Sorry to be off topic in Midnightz chat thread - Tahoebuff may I contact you,
via PM?
Please let me know how you're coming along with this.
I would like to get my hands on it.
tahoebuff

Post by tahoebuff »

I'm at work at the moment...I'll finish it when I get home. This is a mod created by someone else. I'm just improving the instructions and making it available in zip format. I saw someone on this thread was interested in something like this and I thought I'd offer it. It's something that can be utilized while your in chat. I have it installed on a forum I help manage and the members listen to it at the same time while in the room. They have a blast with it. It does use up some bandwith...although, I'm not sure how much. I'm sure on a forum with a large membership it can use it up rather quickly... :wink: .
SSR
I've Been Banned!

Post by SSR »

I think you should make it so.. that Admisn can choice if a normal user can pick their colros and stuff or what people to assign colros to, and im not sure if you can mod/admin people but that would be good.
SupremeWeapon

Post by SupremeWeapon »

i didnt see this here,

the chan userlist is only fo rthose that use the blitzed irc server however i run my own irc server and also find blitz very annoying. how exactly would i go about placing a userlist file on y server for your mod to see it and show whos in the channel?

edit

i see this
To answer your first question... It is not possible to utilize the users in chat and who's chatting stats for any other IRC server, no. That script is maintained by blitzed.org. You could however, request your IRC server to write a similar script and implement it. (All this is covered in the included documentation

wrong there is nothing in the documentation that explains this.
FinalFantasy

Post by FinalFantasy »

can someone answer my question? why do u have to have a security certiificate just to use it? i luv it but that security cert. is bs in my opinion.
<!-- Sig Removed Cause Graham Didn't Like Em :( -->
RPG Guru's
Veneficium
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

SSR > some of those features will be possible in next version. The Color thing, I don't think so - if it's all that important, feel free to code it yourself ofcourse. I'm not even sure that its possible - IRC isn't quite made to handle that.

SupremeWeapon > if you're running your own IRC-server, you 'just' add a script to that which spits out the users present on a certain channel when called. I repeat, if you want Blitzeds script that does this, contact Blitzed. IIRC, the Blitzed script pulls the data directly from the IRC database. You're very welcome to provide a script here for other IRC-server-owners to use, certainly. The documentation just states that Blitzed has this service, and how to use it, as it should.

FinalFantasy > :) whatever. But, don't tell us - tell Microsoft. I like the security certs, they make sure that unwanted ad/spy/malware scripts aren't run on my PC without my approval. And I repeat once again, that if you run an IRC server on the same IP as the site with PJIRC, no cert is required. Also, you can certify it yourself for free, links provided in documentation (to pjirc.com forum with instruction). If thats bs, well...
:mrgreen:
Image Dansk phpBB support (uofficielt)
Find unofficial support in your language here.
Help translate Mozilla extensions @ Babelzilla - Your Language Counts Too!
skullJ

Post by skullJ »

I uload the file root into my phpbb file and I run install.php...

Then I look into my internet browser this:
Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/skull/public_html/forum/root/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/skull/public_html/forum/root/install.php on line 17

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/skull/public_html/forum/root/install.php on line 18

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/skull/public_html/forum/root/install.php on line 18

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/skull/public_html/forum/root/install.php on line 23

I haven't creative new sql table!Im waiting to creative new sql table when I run install.php file!

What am I doing wrong?? :?
tahoebuff

Post by tahoebuff »

You should point your browser to http://yourdomainname.com/forum/install.php

Eliminate the word "root" out of it...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”