[DISC] PJIRC Chat MOD v3.0.2 (screenshots & add-ons)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dcz

Post by dcz »

SplinterDeath wrote: i have an error when i will install the mod with easymod:

Error Detail

Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/mod/root/chat_room/english.lng] could not be found.
COPY root/chat_room/english.lng TO root/chat_room/english.txt
MOD script line #187 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/mod/root/chat_room/pixx-english.lng] could not be found.
COPY root/chat_room/pixx-english.lng TO root/chat_room/pixx-english.txt

Error Detail

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
COPY root/chat_room/player/1 - Demo.mp3 TO root/chat_room/player/1 - Demo.mp3

forget about easy mod and start copy pasting yourself ;)

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

SplinterDeath

Post by SplinterDeath »

can i take another chat-room for phpbb2???

i want to install it witch easymod, because it is faster!!!

please help me!!!

unit 31

Help, PLEASE!

Post by unit 31 »

Ok, I'm TOTALLY NEW to PHP script... but...

I found THIS mod, which I LOVE!!... So I created a CLEAN (mod-free) board to test this on before I install it on my LIVE board. But it doesn't seem to be counting. Blitzed had a link to "fix" the issue. When I had that installed, I still couldn't get it to work. What do I do??? It always says there are 2 users in Chat... even when there's none

I FIXED IT! I had forgotted to register on the site my user_channel or whatever it is! :oops:

Thanks anyway, Unit31
Last edited by unit 31 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lostbeatz

Post by lostbeatz »

I used easymod and this is what I got... please help...
When I log into my ACP and General Admin, there is an XIRC CHAT..and when I click on it..this is what I get:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query chat information in admin_chat

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'lostb001.phpbb_pjirc' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_pjirc

Line : 32
File : admin_chat.php

unit 31

Lost Beatz

Post by unit 31 »

Based on my LIMITED work with easymod and PHP, I find that easymod doesn't always process the SQLs.

What I would do is log into your SQL Database and confirm that easymod processed the actions correctly.

lostbeatz

Post by lostbeatz »

Ok...I went back and redid it...everything seems to have went successfully.....but when I go to my forum...it looks the same...why hasn't my Chat been added? I didn't recieve not one error at all.

unit 31

Post by unit 31 »

lostbeatz wrote: Ok...I went back and redid it...everything seems to have went successfully.....but when I go to my forum...it looks the same...why hasn't my Chat been added? I didn't recieve not one error at all.

1. Is your previous ERROR MESSAGE gone?
2. Did you refresh your Forum?
3. Is there a "PJIRC Chat Settings" option in your APC board?
4. Did you goto the SQL Database for your BB after the install to confirm the SQLs were processed?

There are a lot of reasons why your Chat wasn't added, but hard to tell from the limited info you gave.

lexyart

Post by lexyart »

Hello,

i have the Pjirc Java Chat on my Homepage and a PHPBB Board.
I want a userlist on my startpage who is online in the chat.

In the Pjirc PHPBB Mod there is a Addon for chatstats but only for the
Blitzed.org not for Quakenet.

Gives it a Addon for the Quakenet, too or any solution that i can see who is online on my Quakenet Channel?

Thanks!

lostbeatz

Post by lostbeatz »

Yes the error message is gone.
When I go to my admin page, I go to the link on the left that says General Admin, and then the last link is XIRC Chat.
I click on that and it has options on the right..and you can click submit but nothing happens then. Go back to my forum and it's the same. No chat board!

-Jezz-

Showing Stats on CH 2.1x

Post by -Jezz- »

Hi, I've just installed this mod and I was wondering if anybody has adapted the 'Install Stats Mod' to suit CH 2.1x?
It's just that the index page is completely different, the stat info appears to have be moved into different files. (Sorry if this has allready been discussed, 98 pages... wow!!)

metoo

Post by metoo »

I've discovered that the identify to nickserv panel is blank (except for a colon) in the profile. I'm not sure when this happened but I know it used to be there. I wonder if this is because of upgrades to phpbb...does anyone else have this happening or have any idea why it is? The code for it is still in the user_profile.php (I think that's the page it's on)

Thanks for any input here.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

SplinterDeath > well go for it, but don't say we didn't warn you. :D

lostbeatz > 1) Run the SQL stuff manually or via the Install file, you seem to be missing the DB tables? 2) Did you make the changes to your overall_header templatefile (adding a link to the chat)? And did you add the language file changes to all your languages? 3) Still sounds like a DB problem, are you using phpbb_ as prefix?

unit 31 > You should see a new table phpbb_pjirc (assuming your prefix is phpbb_)

lexyart > No. You'll have to run your own bot, or talk the QN server team into providing the stats. It's a special service provided by Blitzed. Somewhere in the previous pages (around page 30 I think) there's a script for it - my guess would be that you'll have to do it yourself via a bot.

-Jezz- > No, not to my knowledge. But the code is pretty simple and I don't think anything needs to be changed, it just goes in somewhere else. Actually I think you still can add the code to index and have it displayed that way, but I won't swear that you can put it in the precise position as this may be split out into another template file in CH. Did you read up on it on Ptirhiik's forum? He usually has quite good documentation for things @ his forums.

metoo > Could be a small coding error, or maybe you haven't added language edits to all languages or language files.
Image Dansk phpBB support (uofficielt)
Find unofficial support in your language here.
Help translate Mozilla extensions @ Babelzilla - Your Language Counts Too!

arlingtonjb

Some things to keep in mind.

Post by arlingtonjb »

This chat system works really well. I installed it last night, and it was really not difficult at all. I have only two recommendations and one caution for anyone wanting to use it.

First, don't drive yourself crazy with the EasyMOD install. I tried than in a development environment, and it was not happy with some of the other mods I have installed. Just do the manual installation. It doesn't take long.

Second, do a little studying on how to use and administer an IRC channel. It's not difficult, but it is VERY useful.

And the caution... if you choose to use the stats add-on, be advised that if you use the default server, they have changed the server that the code points to. When you get it installed there is a link that tells you where to go to get the new code.

Keeping those three things in mind, this is a great, very well integrated chat system.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Hello,

Could you please change your MODs version number as outlined in MOD Development forum rules section 2. Your MOD as being in development requires a development version number as stated in the phpBB versioning scheme.

For example if your MOD is currently displaying v1.0.0, you can change it to 0.1.0 or 1.1.0, depending on your feelings of it's development status. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions. If you believe your MOD is of a quality that deserves a release version, please do not hesitate to submit your MOD to the phpBB.com MODDB (MOD release database) for validation pending release.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

martin_uy

Post by martin_uy »

Great mod!!!!!!! Congratulations, it's excellent :P

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”