[Submitted] Recycle Bin Mod v1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
theanimewizard
Registered User
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Contact:

Post by theanimewizard »

I just upgraded my forums to 2.0.8 so, it works in 2.0.8

once again, great mod =P
User avatar
TERMINATRIX
Registered User
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:34 am
Contact:

Post by TERMINATRIX »

This looks very promising and I will give this a try !! - But what kind of screen resolution did your forum have ?? - I need magnifcation glasses to read things and finding the download there - :wink:
- TERRA OCEANICA -

- Multiple AI-BOT Mod / Attachment Points V1.70 Mod / Seasons Mod 0.2 -
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Orlando,Fl
Contact:

Post by ayusuf »

Hey famitsu can i get the code you have to put the categories mod. i have it and i want this mod too. thanx.
Famitsu
Registered User
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Account disabled -> see my signature to contact me
Contact:

Post by Famitsu »

TERMINATRIX wrote: I need magnifcation glasses to read things and finding the download there - :wink:
lol :lol:
i use a 1024x768
but my demoboard hasn't resolution, it increase/decrease depending on your resolution :)
otherwise if your browser supports font size, increase it (menu->display->font size->bigger)
my template supports big or small font instead of subSilver which doesn't support this :P
ayusuf wrote: Hey famitsu can i get the code you have to put the categories mod. i have it and i want this mod too. thanx.
About sub-forums ?
this is Ptirhiik's categories hierarchy Mod, available here in the phpBB MODs database (but there are some fixed to make it compliant with phpbb 2.0.8)
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)
...

My new/current account: contact me here
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Orlando,Fl
Contact:

Post by ayusuf »

so you still have to do some more coding. yea pithiriks categories mod.
User avatar
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Posts: 7349
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:27 pm
Location: Airdrie, UK (127.0.0.1)
Name: Kenny Cameron
Contact:

Post by stickerboy »

hey, great mod btw. took me a while to get round to it, but i finally got it installed (5 min job :) )
Having a problem though. even although everything installed fine, it's not moving my topics.

I created a test topic and tried to bin it. all i got was - "no topics were moved". doubled checked everything, but it all seems to be ok. I set the admin_board option to 4 as that is my trash can forum.

do i need to run the table inst. file with 4? or should it change it from within the admin panel?
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
Famitsu
Registered User
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Account disabled -> see my signature to contact me
Contact:

Post by Famitsu »

cherokee red wrote: hey, great mod btw. took me a while to get round to it, but i finally got it installed (5 min job :) )
Having a problem though. even although everything installed fine, it's not moving my topics.

I created a test topic and tried to bin it. all i got was - "no topics were moved". doubled checked everything, but it all seems to be ok. I set the admin_board option to 4 as that is my trash can forum.

do i need to run the table inst. file with 4? or should it change it from within the admin panel?

By default Bin is disabled with forum id #0
Then you can enable it in AdminCP -> Admin general config and set your bin forum id
only after this your topics will be moved in the bin :wink:
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)
...

My new/current account: contact me here
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Orlando,Fl
Contact:

Post by ayusuf »

so wat about the categories by pithirik. do you still have to make some changes in ur code to work with his.
Famitsu
Registered User
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Account disabled -> see my signature to contact me
Contact:

Post by Famitsu »

Bin Mod's modification for Categories Hierarchy only:
OPEN bin.php

Code: Select all

#
#----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
#
//
// Continue var definitions
//
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------
#
// Start add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['selected_id']) || isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['selected_id']))
{
	$selected_id = isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['selected_id']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['selected_id'] : $HTTP_GET_VARS['selected_id'];
	$type = substr($selected_id, 0, 1);
	$id = intval(substr($selected_id, 1));
	if ($type == POST_FORUM_URL)
	{
		$forum_id = $id;
	}
	else if (($type == POST_CAT_URL) || ($selected_id == 'Root'))
	{
		$parm = ($id != 0) ? "?" . POST_CAT_URL . "=$id" : '';
		redirect(append_sid("./index.$phpEx" . $parm));
		exit;
	}
}
// End add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
	$forum_name = $topic_row['forum_name'];
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-------------------------------------
#
	// Start add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
	//$forum_name = $topic_row['forum_name'];
	$forum_name = get_object_lang(POST_FORUM_URL . $topic_row['forum_id'], 'name');
	// End add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
	$forum_name = $topic_row['forum_name'];
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-------------------------------------
#
	// Start add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
	//$forum_name = $topic_row['forum_name'];
	$forum_name = get_object_lang(POST_FORUM_URL . $topic_row['forum_id'], 'name');
	// End add - Categories Hierarchy Mod
i assume you applied all fixes for CH, available at http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo
or http://www.ggweb-fr.com/phpbbfre/index.php (french board with all and latest fixes for CH)
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)
...

My new/current account: contact me here
User avatar
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Posts: 7349
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:27 pm
Location: Airdrie, UK (127.0.0.1)
Name: Kenny Cameron
Contact:

Post by stickerboy »

Famitsu wrote:
cherokee red wrote:hey, great mod btw. took me a while to get round to it, but i finally got it installed (5 min job :) )
Having a problem though. even although everything installed fine, it's not moving my topics.

I created a test topic and tried to bin it. all i got was - "no topics were moved". doubled checked everything, but it all seems to be ok. I set the admin_board option to 4 as that is my trash can forum.

do i need to run the table inst. file with 4? or should it change it from within the admin panel?

By default Bin is disabled with forum id #0
Then you can enable it in AdminCP -> Admin general config and set your bin forum id
only after this your topics will be moved in the bin :wink:


It's strangely working now :? and i didn't touch it.
oh, well. now I can see it in action, tis a great mod :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
User avatar
TERMINATRIX
Registered User
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:34 am
Contact:

Post by TERMINATRIX »

I also having CATEGORIES and the MOD did run perfectly after install without doing any changes anywhere - Are those kind of things really needed ?? -
- TERRA OCEANICA -

- Multiple AI-BOT Mod / Attachment Points V1.70 Mod / Seasons Mod 0.2 -
Famitsu
Registered User
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Account disabled -> see my signature to contact me
Contact:

Post by Famitsu »

TERMINATRIX wrote: I also having CATEGORIES and the MOD did run perfectly after install without doing any changes anywhere - Are those kind of things really needed ?? -

it's just to use CH cache system (only if you use it)
and resynchronise posts number when moved :wink:
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)
...

My new/current account: contact me here
User avatar
dinoman1989
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:02 pm

Post by dinoman1989 »

i like it cause u can move posts into the bin as an archive wihle keeping ur active boards clean :D

count me in

http://www.ifobos.com
Free Forum Hosting with phpBB, File Hosting at iFobos (ifobos.com)
Thanks :D


_________________


"Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for
freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked
for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."--Colin Powell

Image
Area 51
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Area 51 »

what i am looking for is a mod that


when a user deletes his/her post it doesn't really get deleted it just becomes invisible to the community.. its still exactly where it was just now the only people who can see it is admins and moderators. with the ability to exclude moderators if necessary. at that point the admin or mod can choose to delete it forever or leave it hidden for further use if needed.


will this mod do this? i was told it might.
Famitsu
Registered User
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Account disabled -> see my signature to contact me
Contact:

Post by Famitsu »

Area 51 wrote: will this mod do this? i was told it might.
not exactly
Please read first post to know more

Your request would alter posting.php or functions_post.php
but this is not the subject here
i see your request in the forum with the same name, but i haven't the time to develop this

i only create mods i need, then if that could help others users :roll:
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)
...

My new/current account: contact me here
Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”