[DISC] Activity Mod Plus (Newest Release: v1.1.0)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

when replying or posting i get error :

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:25 in C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\smtp.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 534

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 536

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 537

Could not connect to smtp host : 10053 : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : C:\wwwroot\damage-web.net\forum\includes\smtp.php

and i didnt change anything in smtp ?
:D
burnthome

Post by burnthome »

hi,
i was getting this this error after i upgrading to 1.0.9....
Warning: Missing argument 2 for checkgameimages() in /home/fforum/public_html/includes/functions_amod_plus.php on line 558

Warning: Missing argument 2 for checkgameimages() in /home/fforum/public_html/includes/functions_amod_plus.php on line 558

and i was using phpbb version 2.0.6 ,
what the solution for debugging it?

thanks,
burnthome
Beth

Post by Beth »

I've got permission from an author of a flash game and would like to know how to integrate the Highscore function for my board.
Please message me if you can help in this regard, as the author is not familiar with the mod here.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Email errors have nothing to do with this mod. That has to do with someone watching that topic for posts & the email function for phpBB.

The missing argument error is caused by not overwriting all files. Unless you get it on like your portal or something, in that case you need to change the functions in those files.

You can goto phpbb-amod.com & ask Mullac for detailed instructions on how to make games work. Alegis's site also has a tutorial on how to do it.
¤ phpBB Security ¤ Blend Portal Creator ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Creator «« 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Of The Year ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Home ¤ 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Author Of The Year ¤
My mods are never done, always in update status!
jsr

Post by jsr »

I've just down loaded it again, its still Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8, thought it was 1.0.9?
Last edited by jsr on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
skylerjer

Post by skylerjer »

Hi austin, your mod works great, except I'm having trouble with getting multi-file flash files to work. I always put the subordinate files inside a directory called "*nameofgame*_data" which I then put inside the "game_root" directory. I make sure everything is named according to the primary starting file, which I put in the Amod directory of course. Yet every mult-part file I've tried does not work. I've combed this thread and threads at the amod site, and i've found nothing that could help. I sincerly hope the problem is that I made a dumbass mistake, but I suspect not.

All my single file games work fine, and all the multi-part files I've tried work fine when I run them off my computer.

Could you perhaps give me some advice, or point me in the right direction of where I can go in the code or in my database to troubleshoot the problem. I'm no coder, but I can usually hunt down problems with enough time and trial and error.
I've got permission from an author of a flash game and would like to know how to integrate the Highscore function for my board.

You've got to add an "action script" to the flash source files. It varies, but looks something like this (taken from donkeykong)
game_name = "donkeykong";
score = _l1.CurrentScore;
getURL("newscore.php", "_self", "POST");
Search for "action script." You'll have to ask the author to add it or do it yourself, if you get permission to edit the game, by using a decomplier like "sothink swfquicker" Search that one in google. There's no tutorial available that I know of, and the ones that I've made work I did by trial and error, so that's the best I can help you.
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Sky, if you're looking for a 1 on 1 walk thru of multi part games, PM or post to Mullac @ phpbb-amod as he has helped many resolve multi part games.
skylerjer

Post by skylerjer »

Thanks for the referal austin, maybe I'll hit it up later, but I fixed the problem to my satisfaction for now. Anybody else who was having the same problem as me, just put your secondary files in your phpbb root directory. It may be messy, but if the mod isn't reading from the game_root directory for whatever reason, it's better than nothing. Especially if you are dying to get a particular multipart game up (yah centipede).
the1

Post by the1 »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote: Popup issues are caused by not editing the tpl files per the install.

The downloads mod @ phpbb-amod was a simple version of the one @ phpbb-tweaks. Never the less, its been changed :)

i fixed this issue it seems that activity.php did get simple_header.tpl when the page was loading, so i just added this to the top of activity2_body.tpl and now the java popups work on the activity page. I am using BBTech theme so that may be why.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
var win = null;
function Gk_PopTart(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll)
{
LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;
TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;
settings = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',resizable';
win = window.open(mypage,myname,settings);
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
var win = null;
function Trophy_Popup(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll)
{
LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;
TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;
settings = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',resizable';
win = window.open(mypage,myname,settings);
}
</SCRIPT>
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Hmm, the install shows to edit both overall_header & simple_header.... so there should be no problems...
the1

Post by the1 »

arh ok yes it does, i only just did 1.0.8 to 1.0.9.txt
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

hmm, mine shows in the upgrade to edit simple_header & if you're upgrading then you already have it in overall_header....
the1

Post by the1 »

hmm weird must have missed it in a previous upgrade, anyway all fixed now, thanks heaps
DivErTido

Post by DivErTido »

Hey guys,
It is possible to create a module of Top Players for Statistics Hack? :wink:
Any brain here to do this module?
jsr

Post by jsr »

DivErTido wrote: Hey guys,
It is possible to create a module of Top Players for Statistics Hack? :wink:
Any brain here to do this module?

There? http://phpbb-tweaks.com/downloads.php?m ... 14&lid=583
Last edited by jsr on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”