[ABD] phpBB Adsense Revenue Sharing Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Re: So do you have to actively

Post by drathbun »

teguh123 wrote: Do you have to actively send checks to them?

No, because...
ThinkBling wrote: This mod allows posters to share AdSense revenue. After posting a minimum number of posts, and filling in their Adsense revenue, 1/2 the Adsense ads shown for their posts will be with their ID.

If the ads are shown with the user's affiliate ID, then google credits their account with the clicks and the $$. Essentially what this MOD does (reading between the lines, as I have not downloaded / reviewed the code) is let individuals on the board join the adsense program, and then their ads will be displayed on the board. It's like if I were to join your board and have my own adsense ads appear there based on my posting activity.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I interpret this.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Gary Miller

Post by Gary Miller »

This just gets more and more interesting.

- g~

Hac

Post by Hac »

This is an extremely useful Mod and I installed it on my forum. But the problem now is this time MySQL problem I'm getting. I'm using Aphrodite Skin. When I goto my own user profile and click on 'Setup Google Adsense' this is what I get:

Code: Select all

Could not select default dateformat

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'hac_buddville.phpbb_buddad_user' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_buddad_user WHERE user_id = 2
Line : 26
File : ad_profile.php
I've installed everything as per instructions and the the admin section of this mod seems to be working too. I've enabled the revenue sharing option and added a minimum of 25 posts. Plz do reply.

ehoward2

Post by ehoward2 »

I'm also trying to install this MOD.

I MOD'd a fresh 2.0.18 install.

The admin part of this MOD works fine for me.

However, the user part does not.

Problem #1 is it does not add the correct USER ID to the phpbb_ad_user struct (? i'm not sure what it's called in SQL). No matter which user fills out the Adsense Profile, it is always user "0".

Problem #2 is that when I modify the SQL database myself, the information I enter will populate the Adsense profile for the user to see but it will not serve the ads on the pages it is supposed to.

I'm going to try to figure this out, but I'm not a PHP or SQL guy.

If anyone else has any ideas or even can just say they've gotten it to work out of the box, that would be appreciated.

My install is at: http://forums.saturnet.net/phpbb

I'll post an update if I get it to work.

ehoward2

Post by ehoward2 »

To post the correct userdata to the SQL database from the Profile page, you need change:

//Get the user ID.
  $user_id = intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
to

//Get the user ID.
  $user_id = intval($userdata['user_id'] );
in ad_profile_validate.php

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

It looks like the original author has abandoned this MOD... ThinkBling, the author, hasn't posted here since October 4, 2004. As such, I'm considering this MOD abandoned, and locking this topic.

ThinkBling, if you come back and wish to continue development of this MOD, don't hesitate to contact me regarding this.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”