[BETA] Activity / Arcade Mod 2.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Question concerning the game SwitchIt:
There are several errors:
1. One can play longer than 5 minutes
2. One can play longer than 100 Switchs
3. Problems with saving the Score...

Is there already a bugless version to download?

MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Well defender is the score hack gonna be fixed ? I saw some activity mods on google that used a .php file in the game dir e.g. root/games/yeti/

files in it: yeti.swf yeti.gif yeti.php it used yeti.php to update the scores so users wouldn't be able to cheat.. Maybe you can implent this on the activity mod.. but i guess the games wouldn't work then anymore :/
:D

defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

MaddoxX wrote: Well defender is the score hack gonna be fixed ? I saw some activity mods on google that used a .php file in the game dir e.g. root/games/yeti/

files in it: yeti.swf yeti.gif yeti.php it used yeti.php to update the scores so users wouldn't be able to cheat.. Maybe you can implent this on the activity mod.. but i guess the games wouldn't work then anymore :/

The score hack, hmm. You've not read the last few posts :)

Answer: YES..

Try it on my board, and try to beat it :)

While you are there you could upload these yeti files, and i'll take a look at them.

dEf.

ultima528

Post by ultima528 »

defender-uk wrote: U been cheating then :)

Yah, I know, I was only acting upon this invitation to test your new system, just as whoo was. I'm not actually the cheater type, as it's not any fun anyway =|
defender-uk wrote: So far I have NOT been able to get round the code I have added, and would like people to TRY :)

MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Found a new bug..

When i reset highscores they will be gone from the index page ( activity page ) but when i click on "all" i will still see the old scores ?!

madpiper

Post by madpiper »

Hi folks,

I wonder if you could help me a bit. I installed the mod and it's well cool. But I also have the cash mod. and when I click to use this mod I get an error telling me that it can't get user_money from the user table. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Madpiper

defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

MaddoxX wrote: Found a new bug..

When i reset highscores they will be gone from the index page ( activity page ) but when i click on "all" i will still see the old scores ?!

The button does not say, 'reset all time highscores' so they do not get re-set, why reset them, they are the ALL TIME highscores :)

Re-set allows you to reset the current scores, so that people keep playing, they can get listed and can have a little fun, while the all time greatest can sit back and watch.

It was how I was asked to do it.
madpiper wrote: Hi folks,

I wonder if you could help me a bit. I installed the mod and it's well cool. But I also have the cash mod. and when I click to use this mod I get an error telling me that it can't get user_money from the user table. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Madpiper

1. What version of the Cash Mod, and does the cash mod work on your forum ?

As 'user_money' should have been put in to your users table by the cash mod.

madpiper

Post by madpiper »

the version is 2.21. The mod does work on my forum yes.

MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Well im gonna test the plus mod again :D
Just to see which on will work better.. but my experiences with plus version are low..

RadioFlyer

Post by RadioFlyer »

I am getting the following error when high scores are saved, possibly not only when high scores are saved, since I just installed the mod.

I rechecked my mod edit to page_header.php. It looks fine. I also checked for any trailing spaces after ?>. Any idea how to fix this?
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 542

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 544

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/tjamig2/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 545

defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

madpiper wrote: the version is 2.21. The mod does work on my forum yes.

What have you entered as the default reward field in the ACP for the Activity Mod ?

RadioFlyer

Please recheck ALL of your installation, as this is caused by missing something out :(

MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Well look you open the game on the website..
and on your pc you make a html file with this info:

DELETED THE HTML CODE DUE "Cheat" REASONS!

When the game page is open you open the html file and click on send query.. it will update the score you inserted in the html file...
As far as i know you CAN'T fix this! Well i dunno if possible .. but if they decompile the code will still be encrypted ( link part ) But i think that isn't possible.. So you can't fix the cheats on the games(SWF)!

How come spidey's games don't work? But it has a activity.php in the game folder :S And when u loose @ game is says u cheated ?!?
The game i tried ( yeti5 ) downloadlink: http://www.abydos.de/modules.php?name=D ... tit&lid=30
Also happens on these ( also included yeti5 it's a other one )
http://maddoxx.is-1337.org/yetistuff.zip

Can any1 fix those games and make them compatible ?(these games were i talkin about defender!)

(ALSO POSTED THIS IN PLUS TOPIC!!! THE BUG STILL WORKX ON BOTH!)
Last edited by MaddoxX on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RadioFlyer

Post by RadioFlyer »

Defender-UK,

I've fully reinstalled the mod, but I'm still having the same problem. I see now that...

- The error only happens the first time each player makes it into the top list.
- The score is saved.
- It always says "***** Congratulations - A New All Time High Score *****", even if the score is lower than the record high score.

Here are my modified files in txt format...
------------

URL and test account
--------------------

Any idea what to try next?

Thank you.
Last edited by RadioFlyer on Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madpiper

Post by madpiper »

defender-uk wrote:
madpiper wrote:the version is 2.21. The mod does work on my forum yes.

What have you entered as the default reward field in the ACP for the Activity Mod ?

RadioFlyer

Please recheck ALL of your installation, as this is caused by missing something out :(

I had the default as user_points, but then changed it to user_money when I seen that the error appeared. It would be nice to get it working with the cash mod, but at the moment the games are free. :)

As for checking the installation, that was the first thing I done 5 times to be exact. 8O

alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Whoo wrote: Fact is, its stupid, and it irritates me more that its been done everytime I think about it. Obviously, neither you or austin have read through the 30 or so pages of complaints about cheaters, and then the next 20 pages where fixes were discussed. I cant speak for alegis, but i am going to say, that it takes alot of my motivation away, as far as continuing to add games.

Yeah Whoo went trough a lot of stuff to get it working and now it looks like it was a waste of time :? I know you had it in because spidy has some more games but I got a bunch of em already now, only need to test em..

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”