[BETA] Activity / Arcade Mod 2.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
jquindlen

Post by jquindlen »

the mod works great for me with no issues, so I am not sure what all the commotion is about.
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

I install this neat prog, but there is only one default game in there.

Is there site where I can import games that uses high score?
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

how to get the sql!!
^Andy^

Post by ^Andy^ »

Okada - try the mods I posted earlier in the thread - they should force the link in the ACP to add the database tables that are required.
davidsawesome

Post by davidsawesome »

can you please make this mod compatible with easymod?
The mod would take me at least a half hour to install, but with easy mod, it takes about 20 seconds usually. There were a few errors when i tried installing it with easymod, so I think its just in the install.txt file, but i dunno the specifics
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

davidsawesome wrote: can you please make this mod compatible with easymod?
The mod would take me at least a half hour to install, but with easy mod, it takes about 20 seconds usually. There were a few errors when i tried installing it with easymod, so I think its just in the install.txt file, but i dunno the specifics

In the time that you keep checking back to see if someone replyed to you, you would of had games running on your board by now. :wink:
dw2006

2 problems that I can't slove Arcade mod v2.1.2

Post by dw2006 »

Hi guys,

I am having a lot of trouble with this mod, i have followed the instructions word for word in the install.txt but still i seem to be having these 2 issues.

ok here are the issues:

1) The top 10 and 10 new activities links don't work, when they are click a window pops up saying that i have no access to the game

something interseting i noticed while trying to fix the top 10 and 10 new activites is that the link is different to that of the normal game link under the activities section.. which works fine

Top 10/10 new activities link:

Game link under Activities (the one that works)

I noticed that the link that returns the error message is missing a & in front of the SID. How to I add that character infront of the SID that might fix it.

2) The other issue i am having is with submitting scores. Whenever the game ends and i hit submit the "unexpected Error - Bad Game???" message pops up, this could be related to the first issue but i dont know

so if anyone can help me solve these issues i would really appriciate it

im running phpbb v 2.0.21

THX
dw2006

Post by dw2006 »

Fixed -- it was a cookie issue, however i do have another issue. The last Played coloum is blank, i have reupped all the tpl's and php files i have also dropped and recreated the phpbb_ina_cat table still nothing

any suggestions?
cynic_the_fallen

Post by cynic_the_fallen »

Does this work with 2.0.21?
dw2006

Post by dw2006 »

Yep im running 2.0.21 and its running fine except for that one issue, i have a feeling it got something to do with the phpbb_ina_cat table, but i dont know how to fix it tried dropping it and recreating but no luck :cry:
cynic_the_fallen

Post by cynic_the_fallen »

What might the issue be?
kurgan warrior

Post by kurgan warrior »

WARNING -

If you are running the latest version of Phpbb AND just downloaded the latest version of the arcade mod don't install it!

A flawless install will still leave you with one critical problem.

Despite the instructions that tell you to go to your acp and click <update db> there will be NO SUCH BUTTON TO CLICK amd there is no update database file available. Basicaly you will have a great mod ready to go but no way to tell your database about it. You can look at the ACP arcade options and it all shows up nice and neat but again there is NO way to update your database with the latest available download + the latest version of phpbb.

please dont reply and say i just didnt see it, trust me, it is not there and the code doesnt provide for a way to update the db.

I'm not saying it again but ITS NOT THERE. this mod is dead and unsupported. save your time.
gatetravellers

Post by gatetravellers »

when trying to install with easy mod i got this error

Code: Select all

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_NOTIFY_ON_PRIVMSG}:</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<input type="radio" name="notifypm" value="1" {NOTIFY_PM_YES} />
<span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="radio" name="notifypm" value="0" {NOTIFY_PM_NO} />
<span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
</tr>

MOD script line #633 :: FAQ :: Report
Can someone please help me i need to get this fixed and i dont know how to install mods with out using easymod
-=the0ne=-

Post by -=the0ne=- »

kurgan warrior wrote: WARNING -

If you are running the latest version of Phpbb AND just downloaded the latest version of the arcade mod don't install it!

A flawless install will still leave you with one critical problem.

Despite the instructions that tell you to go to your acp and click <update db> there will be NO SUCH BUTTON TO CLICK amd there is no update database file available. Basicaly you will have a great mod ready to go but no way to tell your database about it. You can look at the ACP arcade options and it all shows up nice and neat but again there is NO way to update your database with the latest available download + the latest version of phpbb.

please dont reply and say i just didnt see it, trust me, it is not there and the code doesnt provide for a way to update the db.

I'm not saying it again but ITS NOT THERE. this mod is dead and unsupported. save your time.

if u r sure about it PM anyone from the Mod Team and ask em to update the 1st post on this thread ^_^
kurgan warrior

Post by kurgan warrior »

Woah... I'll eat humble pie here.

Let me explain. After testing and retesting and trying everything I know to make this work WITHOUT changing any coding beyond minor tweaks I was completely convinced it did not work if installed as instructed. Fact is IT DOES NOT. BUT....

When i found it did not work and the instructions are not accurate I began the process of removing it, file by file. I left ALL of the files that come with the mod intact. I proceeded to first replace the files I modded myself (modded as per the instructions) with copies I had made just before begining the install. Once completed removing all of the modded files, and just before I began to remove all of the included arcade files, I noticed something new. An "<<Install Arcade>>" link showed up in the admin CP which replaced all of the arcade options. Curious, I clicked on it expecting various errors since i had removed the modded files. To my surprise it installed flawlessly. it works flawlessly as well, records high scores, all databases are acurate etc.

The only problem is that I can only play it from the ACP, having removed all of the modded files there is of course no link to the arcade on the public pages.

To make doubly sure of what I found I completely un-installed the arcade. Re-installed it as per the instructions and again, no go.

The weird thing is, if i ONLY install the extra arcade files I don't get the option to install from the acp. If I upload the modded files and then revert them the install arcade option remains in the acp.

Weird, but the arcade mod does work, this bug shouldn't be hard to fix.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”